Our latest collection of learning quotes on Everyday Power Blog.
Learning is a very fundamental skill.
For us to improve our lives, we have to make a determined effort to learn and take action on the right things that will make us better.
We have to be willing to learn if we’re going to experience any kind of growth or personal development. Besides, learning new things keeps our brains active and healthy and helps preserve our mental functions.
That said, the process of learning isn’t always easy. Sometimes it’s difficult and even uncomfortable to learn new things.
Because learning anything requires a lot of commitment, a little motivation can go a long way.
In that regard, here are some motivational learning quotes to inspire you in your pursuit of knowledge and wisdom.
Learning Quotes and Sayings on Expanding Your Mind
1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
2. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
3. Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins. – Jim Rohn
4. A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life. – Chinese Proverb
5. Learning never exhausts the mind. – Leonardo da Vinci
6. A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning. – Lillian Gish
7. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.- Confucius
8. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
9. Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way. – George Evans
10. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. – Mark Twain
Learning quotes to inspire you to never stop acquiring knowledge
11. A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. – Brad Henry
12. I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. – Eartha Kitt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of tombstone quotes about the impact we leave on the people we leave behind.
13. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”― Dr. Seuss
14. “It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” – Albert Einstein
15. “You live and learn. At any rate, you live.”― Douglas Adams
16. “Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work.”— William Crawford
17. “I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.”― Joe Abercrombie
18. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”― Phil Collins
19. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.”― Albert Einstein
20. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.”― Abigail Adams
Don’t forget to also read these logic quotes and sayings to boost your brain power.
Learning quotes about the importance of education
21. “If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance.”— Howard Gardner
22. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.”— Herbert Spencer
23. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.”― Anton Chekhov
24. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”— Carl Rogers
25. “You cannot open a book without learning something.”― Confucius
26. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”— Benjamin Franklin
27. “Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world’s work, and the power to appreciate life.” ― Brigham Young
28. Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know. – Daniel Boorstin
29. “The world is a university and everyone in it is a teacher. Make sure when you wake up in the morning, you go to school.” ―T. D. Jakes
30. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” ―Malcolm X
Learning quotes to inspire you on your success journey
31. “Learning is not child’s play; we cannot learn without pain.” ― Aristotle
32. “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” ― Doris Lessing
33. Children want to learn to the degree that they are unable to distinguish learning from fun. They keep this attitude until we adults convince them that learning is not fun. – Glenn Doman
34. “A man, though wise, should never be ashamed of learning more, and must unbend his mind.” ― Sophocles
35. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
36. “If a person will spend one hour a day on the same subject for five years, that person will be an expert on that subject.” ―Earl Nightingale
37. “Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed.” ―Terry Goodkind
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
38. “Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
39. “Learning is a matter of gathering knowledge; wisdom is applying that knowledge.” – Roopleen
40. “It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.” – Henry David Thoreau
Other inspirational learning quotes
41. Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time. – Rabindranath Tagore
42. I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions. – Lou Holtz
43. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
44. “Learning is pleasurable but doing is the height of enjoyment.” – Novalis
45. “It is what we know already that often prevents us from learning.’ –Claude Bernard
46. “All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.’ –Martin Fisher
47. “I never learned from a man who agreed with me.’ –Robert A. Heinlein
48. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” ― B.B. King
49. “The only things you learn are the things you tame” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
50. “Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.’ –Benjamin Franklin
Don’t forget to also read these wise Maria Montessori quotes from the woman that changed education.
Which are your favorite learning quotes?
Although many people want to make their lives better, only a few are willing to learn and take the necessary actions on the right things that will improve their lives.
Hopefully, these learning quotes have inspired you to seek knowledge and take fearless action that will drive you towards success in all aspects of your life.
Did you enjoy these quotes about learning? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 4:18 AM EST