Our latest collection of learning quotes on Everyday Power.
Learning is a very fundamental skill.
To improve our lives, we must attempt to learn and take action on the right things to improve ourselves.
Tell us your favorite learning quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these learning quotes?
We must learn if we’re going to experience growth or personal development.
Besides learning new things:
- keeps our brains active and healthy
- helps preserve our mental functions
- boosts our confidence, happiness, and motivation
That said, the learning process isn’t always easy.
Sometimes it’s difficult and even uncomfortable to learn new things.
Because learning anything requires a lot of commitment, a little motivation can go a long way.
In that regard, here are some motivational learning quotes to inspire you in your pursuit of knowledge and wisdom.
Also, check out our collection of education quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Learning Quotes and Sayings on Expanding Your Mind
1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about education.
2. Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I remember. Involve me, and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on life lessons.
3. A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. – Brad Henry
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings.
4. A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life. – Chinese Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
5. Learning never exhausts the mind. – Leonardo da Vinci
You will also enjoy our article on Motivational quotes for students.
6. A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning. – Lillian Gish
You will also enjoy our article on school quotes.
7. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.- Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on college quotes.
8. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
9. Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way. – George Evans
You will also enjoy our article on wise past quotes.
10. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on chinese proverbs.
Learning quotes to inspire you never to stop acquiring knowledge
11. “Learning is not child’s play; we cannot learn without pain.” ― Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about reading.
12. “Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
You will also enjoy our article on minds.
13. “Learning is a matter of gathering knowledge; wisdom is applying that knowledge.” – Roopleen
You will also enjoy our article on Teacher’s Day quotes.
14. “It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.” – Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about change.
15. I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. – Eartha Kitt
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of research quotes to quench your knowledge search.
16. “It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on Madea quotes.
17. “You live and learn. At any rate, you live.”― Douglas Adams
You will also enjoy our article on arrogant quotes.
18. “Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work.”— William Crawford
You will also enjoy our article on albert einstein quotes.
19. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”― Phil Collins
20. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.”― Albert Einstein
Don’t forget to also read these logic quotes and sayings to boost your brainpower.
Learning quotes about the importance of education
21. “If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance.”— Howard Gardner
You will also enjoy our article on Benjamin Franklin quotes.
22. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.”— Herbert Spencer
23. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.”― Anton Chekhov
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
24. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”— Carl Rogers
25. “You cannot open a book without learning something.”― Confucius
26. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”— Benjamin Franklin
27. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” ― B.B. King
28. “The only things you learn are the things you tame” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
29. “Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.’ –Benjamin Franklin
30. Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know. – Daniel Boorstin
You might also like these graduation quotes on success, dreams and your future.
Learning quotes to inspire you on your success journey
31. “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” ― Doris Lessing
32. Children want to learn to the degree that they are unable to distinguish learning from fun. They keep this attitude until we adults convince them that learning is not fun. – Glenn Doman
33. “A man, though wise, should never be ashamed of learning more, and must unbend his mind.” ― Sophocles
34. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
35. “If a person will spend one hour a day on the same subject for five years, that person will be an expert on that subject.” ―Earl Nightingale
36. “Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed.” ―Terry Goodkind
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
37. Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins. – Jim Rohn
38. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”― Dr. Seuss
39. “I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.”― Joe Abercrombie
40. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.”― Abigail Adams
Learning quotes to open your mind
41. Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time. – Rabindranath Tagore
42. I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions. – Lou Holtz
43. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
44. “Learning is pleasurable but doing is the height of enjoyment.” – Novalis
45. “It is what we know already that often prevents us from learning.’ –Claude Bernard
46. “All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.’ –Martin Fisher
47. “I never learned from a man who agreed with me.’ –Robert A. Heinlein
48. “The world is a university and everyone in it is a teacher. Make sure when you wake up in the morning, you go to school.” ―T. D. Jakes
49. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” ―Malcolm X
50. “Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world’s work, and the power to appreciate life.” ― Brigham Young
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of the best senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
Other inspirational learning quotes
51. “Learn continually – there’s always ‘one more thing’ to learn!” – Steve Jobs
52. “Learning is an active process. We learn by doing.. Only knowledge that is used sticks in your mind.” – Dale Carnegie
53. “Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.” – Sarah Caldwell
54. “Learning is a lifetime process, but there comes a time when we must stop adding and start updating.” – Robert Breault
55. “Each day learn something new, and just as important, relearn something old.” – Robert Breault
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
56. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – Thomas S. Monson
57. “Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn, and you will.” – Vernon Howard
58. “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” – Bruce Lee
59. “Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.” – Confucius
60. “You’re never going to learn something as profoundly as when it’s purely out of curiosity.” – Christopher Nolan
Don’t forget to read these wise Maria Montessori quotes from the woman that changed education.
Learning quotes to fuel you on this lifelong quest
61. “I am still learning.” — Michelangelo
62. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” — John Wooden
63. “Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” — Euripides
64. “In youth we learn; in age we understand.” — Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
65. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” — Winston Churchill
66. “Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” — Thomas Huxley
67. “I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.” — Galileo Galilei
68. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” — Pablo Picasso
69. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” — Albert Einstein
70. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” — William S. Burroughs
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of imitation quotes for authentic flattery.
Learning quotes about the importance of the people around us
71. “To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.” — Bruce Lee
72. “I’m a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
73. “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
74. “Learning about the way people process information and their emotions is hugely helpful to my work.” — Ellen Pompeo
75. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” — Sam Keen
76. “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
77. “We respect our elders. There is wisdom that comes from experience, and I am not going to stop learning from wise counsel.” — Marcia Fudge
78. “People desire to separate their worlds into polarities of dark and light, ugly and beautiful, good and evil, right and wrong, inside and outside. Polarities serve us in our learning and growth, but as souls we are all.” — Joy Page
79. “Learning is a result of listening, which in turn leads to even better listening and attentiveness to the other person. In other words, to learn from the child, we must have empathy, and empathy grows as we learn.” — Alice Miller
80. “Treat everyone with the same respect that you want to be treated with. That’s going to take a collective group of people to do it. There’s not one individual that’s going to change it. It’s going to take multiple people getting out, learning who each other are and loving each other no matter what their political views or what their background is.” — George Hill
Inspirational Learning Quotes So You Never Stop
81. “Learn as if you were not reaching your goal and as though you were scared of missing it” ― Confucius
82. “The conquest of learning is achieved through the knowledge of languages.” ― Roger Bacon
83. “Liz, you must be very polite with yourself when you are learning something new.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
84. “With too much pride a man cannot learn anything. In and of itself, learning teaches you how foolish you are.” ― Criss Jami
85. “Learning is by nature curiosity… prying into everything, reluctant to leave anything, material or immaterial, unexplained.” ― Philo
86. “Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself.” ― Paulo Coelho
87. “…it’s not just learning that’s important. It’s learning what to do with what you learn and learning why you learn things that matter.” ― Norton Juster
88. “We need to learn what we need to learn, know what we need to know, and do what we need to do.” ― Thomas S. Monson
89. “Always hear others out and remain open-minded; the day you think you know everything is the day you have the most yet to learn.” ― A.J. Darkholme
90. “To be a learner, you’ve got to be willing to be a fool.” ― George Leonard
Learning Quotes To Make You Knowledgeable and Wise
91. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” — Og Mandino
92. “To try and fail is at least to learn; to fail to try is to suffer the inestimable loss of what might have been.” — Chester Barnard
93. “Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.” — T. H. White
94. “We learn by example and by direct experience because there are real limits to the adequacy of verbal instruction.” — Malcolm Gladwell
95. “The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue.” — Antisthenes
96. “In order to learn, one must change one’s mind.” — Orson Scott Card
97. “It is always safe to learn, even from our enemies; seldom safe to venture to instruct, even our friends.” — Charles Caleb Colton
98. “They know enough who know how to learn.” — Henry Adams
99. “It’s okay to learn from every experience, and it’s okay to make mistakes.” — Louise Hay
100. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” — Malcolm Forbes
Learning Quotes and Sayings for Self Awareness
101. “Learning allows for more wisdom and knowledge. Additional knowledge about any situation increases the strength of an opinion.” — Faye Horton
102. “Meditation is about learning to simply be present with whatever arises in our mind and awareness.” — Michael Smith
103. “If learning is like a sponge, don’t ever stop soaking it up. Never stop learning.” — Catherine Pulsifer
104. “Learning is what got us this far and what will take us wherever we’re going.” — John Penberthy
105. “Become more resilient by learning to focus on solutions rather than problems.” — Byron Pulsifer
106. “Anytime you learn, you gain.” — Bob Ross
107. “Just like your body needs exercise, so does your brain! You’re never too old to grow and learn something new.” — Robyn L. Gobin
108. “Everything that is past is either a learning experience to grow on, a beautiful memory to reflect on, or a motivating factor to act upon.” — Denis Waitley
109. “When one starts learning he opens doors to a new world full of hope and promise.” — M. K. Soni
110. “You can become better tomorrow than you are today, but it requires letting go of your past and learning from success and failure.” — Steve Gilliland
Learning Quotes and Sayings To Acquire Life Lessons
111. “We think too much about effective methods of teaching and not enough about effective methods of learning.” ― John Carolus
112. “The essence of learning is the ability to manage change by changing yourself.” ― Arie de Geus
113. “To learn is no easy matter and to apply what one has learned is even harder.” ― Mao Tse-Tung
114. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” ― Anthony J.D’Angelo
115. “It is through suffering that learning comes.” ― Aeschylus
116. “We learn from failure, not from success!” ― Bram Stoker
117. “I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large so that there is room for paradoxes.” ― Maxine Hong Kingston
118. “A love of learning has a lot to do with learning that we’re loved.” ― Fred Rogers
119. “If you can’t learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly.” ― Ashleigh Brilliant
120. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” ― Leo Buscaglia
Learning Quotes and Sayings To Acquire Knowledge
121. “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later.” ― Dana Scott
122. “Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.” ― Arthur Koestler
123. “Everywhere, we learn only from those whom we love.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
124. “The overwhelming number of teachers …are unable to name or describe a theory of learning that underlies what they do.” ― Alfie Kohn
125. “Quality in education is what makes learning a pleasure and a joy.” ― Myron Tribus
126. “When I learn something new – and it happens every day – I feel a little more at home in this universe, a little more comfortable in the nest.” ― Bill Moyers
127. “The ability to learn faster than competitors may be the only sustainable competitive advantage.” ― Arie de Geus
128. “You learn at your best when you have something you care about and can get pleasure in being engaged in.” ― Howard Gardner
129. “Keep learning; don’t be arrogant by assuming that you know it all, that you have a monopoly on the truth; always assume that you can learn something from someone else.” ― Jack Welch
130. “The joy of learning is as indispensable in study as breathing is in running.” ― Simone Weil
Learning Quotes to Unveil the Power of Knowledge
131. “Who so neglects learning in his youth, Loses the past and is dead for the future.” — Euripides
132. “What is important is to keep learning, to enjoy challenge, and to tolerate ambiguity. In the end there are no certain answers.” — Martina Horner
133. “Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.” — Jim Rohn
134. “The greatest enemy of learning is knowing.” — John Maxwell
135. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates
136. “Learning is a matter of intensity not elapsed time.” — Tom Peters
137. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.” — Mortimer Adler
138. “Through learning we re-create ourselves. Through learning we become able to do something we were never able to do.” — Peter Senge
139. “Be quick to learn and wise to know.” — George Burns
140. “Learning stamps you with its moments. Childhood’s learning is made up of moments. It isn’t steady. It’s a pulse.” — Eudora Welty
Learning Quotes and Sayings that Ignite the Flame of Lifelong Learning
141. “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
142. “He who has learned how to obey will know how to command.” — Solon
143. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz
144. “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.” — Robert Kiyosaki
145. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes-then learn how to do it later!” — Richard Branson
146. “The strength of character and emotional intelligence to face your failures and learn from them are at the core of success.” — Robert Kiyosaki
147. “The most important single factor influencing learning is what the learner already knows. Ascertain this and teach him accordingly.” — David Ausubel
148. “Imagination is as vital to any advance in science as learning and precision are essential for starting points.” — Percival Lowell
149. “The awesome thing about failure is that it is only temporary. Embrace it, learn the lesson and come back blazing.” — Joel Brown
150. “If you truly want to become a better you, it is imperative that you learn to feel good about yourself.” — Joel Osteen
Which are your favorite learning quotes?
Although many people want to improve their lives, only a few will learn and take the correct actions to improve their lives.
Hopefully, these learning quotes have inspired you to seek knowledge and take fearless action that will drive you toward success in all aspects of your life.
Did you enjoy these quotes about learning?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
If you found this article helpful, please share it on social media to inspire your friends to keep learning!