Our latest collection of learning quotes on Everyday Power.
Learning is a very fundamental skill.
For us to improve our lives, we have to make a determined effort to learn and take action on the right things that will make us better.
We have to be willing to learn if we’re going to experience any kind of growth or personal development.
Besides, learning new things keeps our brains active and healthy and helps preserve our mental functions.
That said, the process of learning isn’t always easy. Sometimes it’s difficult and even uncomfortable to learn new things.
Because learning anything requires a lot of commitment, a little motivation can go a long way.
In that regard, here are some motivational learning quotes to inspire you in your pursuit of knowledge and wisdom.
Also, check out our collection of education quotes.
Learning Quotes and Sayings on Expanding Your Mind
1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
2. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
3. A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. – Brad Henry
4. A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life. – Chinese Proverb
5. Learning never exhausts the mind. – Leonardo da Vinci
6. A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning. – Lillian Gish
7. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.- Confucius
8. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
9. Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way. – George Evans
10. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. – Mark Twain
Learning quotes to inspire you to never stop acquiring knowledge
11. Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins. – Jim Rohn
12. I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. – Eartha Kitt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of tombstone quotes about the impact we leave on the people we leave behind.
13. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”― Dr. Seuss
14. “It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” – Albert Einstein
15. “You live and learn. At any rate, you live.”― Douglas Adams
16. “Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work.”— William Crawford
17. “I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.”― Joe Abercrombie
18. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”― Phil Collins
19. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.”― Albert Einstein
20. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.”― Abigail Adams
Don’t forget to also read these logic quotes and sayings to boost your brainpower.
Learning quotes about the importance of education
21. “If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance.”— Howard Gardner
22. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.”— Herbert Spencer
23. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.”― Anton Chekhov
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
24. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”— Carl Rogers
25. “You cannot open a book without learning something.”― Confucius
26. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”— Benjamin Franklin
27. “Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world’s work, and the power to appreciate life.” ― Brigham Young
28. Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know. – Daniel Boorstin
You might also like these graduation quotes on success, dreams and your future.
29. “The world is a university and everyone in it is a teacher. Make sure when you wake up in the morning, you go to school.” ―T. D. Jakes
30. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” ―Malcolm X
Learning quotes to inspire you on your success journey
31. “Learning is not child’s play; we cannot learn without pain.” ― Aristotle
32. “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” ― Doris Lessing
33. Children want to learn to the degree that they are unable to distinguish learning from fun. They keep this attitude until we adults convince them that learning is not fun. – Glenn Doman
34. “A man, though wise, should never be ashamed of learning more, and must unbend his mind.” ― Sophocles
35. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
36. “If a person will spend one hour a day on the same subject for five years, that person will be an expert on that subject.” ―Earl Nightingale
37. “Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed.” ―Terry Goodkind
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
38. “Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
39. “Learning is a matter of gathering knowledge; wisdom is applying that knowledge.” – Roopleen
40. “It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.” – Henry David Thoreau
Learning quotes to open your mind
41. Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time. – Rabindranath Tagore
42. I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions. – Lou Holtz
43. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
44. “Learning is pleasurable but doing is the height of enjoyment.” – Novalis
45. “It is what we know already that often prevents us from learning.’ –Claude Bernard
46. “All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.’ –Martin Fisher
47. “I never learned from a man who agreed with me.’ –Robert A. Heinlein
48. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” ― B.B. King
49. “The only things you learn are the things you tame” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
50. “Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.’ –Benjamin Franklin
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of the best senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
Other inspirational learning quotes
51. “Learn continually – there’s always ‘one more thing’ to learn!” – Steve Jobs
52. “Learning is an active process. We learn by doing.. Only knowledge that is used sticks in your mind.” – Dale Carnegie
53. “Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.” – Sarah Caldwell
54. “Learning is a lifetime process, but there comes a time when we must stop adding and start updating.” – Robert Breault
55. “Each day learn something new, and just as important, relearn something old.” – Robert Breault
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
56. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – Thomas S. Monson
57. “Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn, and you will.” – Vernon Howard
58. “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” – Bruce Lee
59. “Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.” – Confucius
60. “You’re never going to learn something as profoundly as when it’s purely out of curiosity.” – Christopher Nolan
Don’t forget to also read these wise Maria Montessori quotes from the woman that changed education.
Learning quotes to fuel you on this lifelong quest
61. “I am still learning.” — Michelangelo
62. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” — John Wooden
63. “Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” — Euripides
64. “In youth we learn; in age we understand.” — Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
65. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” — Winston Churchill
66. “Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” — Thomas Huxley
67. “I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.” — Galileo Galilei
68. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” — Pablo Picasso
69. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” — Albert Einstein
70. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” — William S. Burroughs
Learning quotes about the importance of the people around us
71. “To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.” — Bruce Lee
72. “I’m a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
73. “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
74. “Learning about the way people process information and their emotions is hugely helpful to my work.” — Ellen Pompeo
75. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” — Sam Keen
76. “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
77. “We respect our elders. There is wisdom that comes from experience, and I am not going to stop learning from wise counsel.” — Marcia Fudge
78. “People desire to separate their worlds into polarities of dark and light, ugly and beautiful, good and evil, right and wrong, inside and outside. Polarities serve us in our learning and growth, but as souls we are all.” — Joy Page
79. “Learning is a result of listening, which in turn leads to even better listening and attentiveness to the other person. In other words, to learn from the child, we must have empathy, and empathy grows as we learn.” — Alice Miller
80. “Treat everyone with the same respect that you want to be treated with. That’s going to take a collective group of people to do it. There’s not one individual that’s going to change it. It’s going to take multiple people getting out, learning who each other are and loving each other no matter what their political views or what their background is.” — George Hill
Which are your favorite learning quotes?
Although many people want to make their lives better, only a few are willing to learn and take the necessary actions on the right things that will improve their lives.
Hopefully, these learning quotes have inspired you to seek knowledge and take fearless action that will drive you towards success in all aspects of your life.
Did you enjoy these quotes about learning? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
March 30, 2022 6:34 AM EST