These self esteem quotes will inspire you to love yourself for who you really are.
How we speak to ourselves is how we see ourselves, and sometimes we need new examples of how our inner conversation should go.
At one point or another, we will all need a self esteem boost! That motivation can be both internal and external. But it’s something that we must continually work at.
People who have an empowered self-image will have a greater understanding of the world and their connection to it.
How do you define self-esteem? Well according to Webster, self-esteem is “a confidence and satisfaction in oneself.”
Always keep your emphasis on the “satisfaction with oneself” so this way you can learn to love yourself for who you are in the present.
To help you love yourself better, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting self esteem quotes, self esteem sayings, and self esteem proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Looking for a collection of beautiful self esteem quotes?
Confidence and self esteem are all directly connected to our ability to give and receive love. When there is more love in the world, the world literally changes!
Research has shown that when we boost our confidence, we become kinder, more loving, and have greater compassion. And by doing so, even the amount we donate to charity increases!
Here is our latest collection of uplifting self esteem quotes to boost your self esteem.
Self esteem quotes to boost your confidence for any occasion
1. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
2. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
3. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
4. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
5. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” – Queen Latifah
7. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
8. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah
9. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
Also read these imperfection quotes and sayings about embracing yourself.
Inspirational self esteem quotes about building your confidence
11. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
12. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller (see more quotes by Helen Keller)
13. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
14. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” – Brian Tracy
15. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
16. “You are blessed and highly favored.” – Les Brown
17. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. McIntyre
18. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
19. “I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me.” – Elizabeth Taylor
20. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
Have you seen these Girl Wash Your Face quotes to improve your mindset.
Self esteem quotes about perseverance and confidence
21. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
22. “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” – Alan Cohen
23. “Love yourself and love those around you. Take care of yourself and take care of those around you. Lead by example. Give love. Be a part of everything that is great in the world, and in turn there is more love and greatness in the world! Change the world!” – Jeffrey I. Moore
24. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”― Sharon Salzberg
25. “Confidence is knowing who you are and not changing it a bit because of someone’s version of reality is not your reality.”― Shannon L. Alder
26. “I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”― Laurie Halse Anderson
27. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”― Diane Von Furstenberg
28. “The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “At the core of your heart, you are perfect and pure. No one and nothing can alter that.”― Amit Ray
30. “If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After awhile you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place.”― Criss Jami
Remember to also check out these motivational mirror quotes that will change the way you think about yourself.
Self esteem quotes to make you strong
31. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”― Madonna
32. “Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who holds a low opinion of himself.”― Anthony Trollope
33. “I never loved another person the way I loved myself.”― Mae West
34. “Believe in yourself up here and it will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.”― Sarah Dessen
35. “You’ve been criticising yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”― Louise Hay
36. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”― Shannon L. Alder
37. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.”― Michel de Montaigne
38. “There are so many more important things to worry about than how you’re perceived by strangers.”― Dennis Lehane
39. “At every given moment we are absolutely perfect for what is required for our journey.”― Steve Maraboli
40. “Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”― Lucille Ball
Self esteem quotes to make you feel better about yourself
41. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
42. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”― Mark Twain
43. “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
44. “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”― Ayn Rand
45. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
46. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.”― Andre Gide
47. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas
48. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?”― Brigham Young
49. “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” – Nathaniel Branden
50. “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.”― Dr. Roopleen
More self esteem quotes and sayings
51. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
52. “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale
53. “Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth.” – Iyanla Vanzant
54. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
55. “Never let the opinion of another affect your opinion of yourself.” – Teresa Mummert
56. “Be yourself, you’re already fully equipped to succeed at that.” – Rob Liano
57. “Don’t measure how valuable you are by the way you are treated.” – Charlie Mackesy
58. “The more you understand yourself and your emotions, the more you like discovering yourself.” – James Hilton
59. “Much of your self-esteem doesn’t come from what happens to you on a given day or what somebody says, but what you know about yourself on the inside.” – Dr. Judy Ho
60. “We only value ourselves as others value us, for it might be said that we hold ourselves in trust for others.” – Charles Palliser
These know your worth quotes will make sure that you never forget yours!
Want to see more self esteem quotes?
Life has taught me that self-love and hope are key ingredients for giving the world our best, whatever that might be.
When I look at my own life, I know it has been the commitment to build my self-confidence that has allowed me to express myself, and have the kind of influence that makes me proud and thankful. Supercharging your self-esteem can directly improve your mental health and well-being and will never be something you’ll regret.
What about you: what are your favorite self esteem quotes that have helped develop your confidence? Tell us in the comment section below.
December 7, 2020 5:30 AM EST