As the title shows, this article offers you the best possible allergy quotes.
If you are one of those people facing difficulty finding such quotes, this article is for you.
Here, we have curated a list of the most popular allergy quotes and explained what allergy is and its different types.
So, without any further delay, let’s dive in!
What is Meant by the term Allergy?
Allergy is referred to as an exaggerated response of our immune system in reaction to a substance, which is usually harmless to a wide array of people.
In medical terminology, the substance causing allergy is known as an allergen.
The immune system of the affected person considers these allergens to be harmful.
Hence, it triggers the symptoms, which might range from mild to severe.
Types of Allergies
Discussed below are the different types of allergies:
- Respiratory allergy
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Insect allergy
- Skin allergy
This type of allergy usually occurs when we inhale some sort of allergen.
The most common types of allergens that cause respiratory allergies include:
- Dust mites
- Animal dander
Symptoms usually observed in this allergy are:
- Runny nose
- Excessive sneezing
- Watery or itchy eyes
This allergy is caused due to the side effects of medication.
It occurs when our body reacts to a specific element used in certain medications.
The common symptoms of this allergy include:
- Difficulty breathing
On the other hand, severe drug allergies could result in anaphylaxis, which is life-threatening.
This is another type of allergy that occurs due to our immune system’s response to a specific food item.
The most common food allergens include:
- Tree nuts
The symptoms associated with this allergy are:
- Digestive issues
Insect allergy occurs when an insect bites a person.
A person’s immune system reacts to the secretions injected into the body.
The common symptoms include:
This allergy happens when our skin comes in contact with allergens.
Numerous types of substances cause skin allergies.
A few of them include the following:
- Poison ivy
Symptoms associated with this allergy are:
Top 10 Allergy Quotes
These are top allergy quotes selected for you by some famous people.
1. “I hope my allergies don’t act up.” — Benji Madden
2. “Awful allergies that made me sneeze.” — Carpenters
3. “Most of the food allergies die under garlic and onion.” — Martin H. Fischer
4. “Her allergy’s been forsaken maybe stir it all on at me.” — Melvins
5. “Deadly allergy? not enough to stop me from going to the zoo.” — Danny
6. “Alcohol is an allergy of the body and an obsession of the mind.” — Rita Mae Brown
7. “Getting allergies, gotta use visine so I can see through my eyes.” — MobyTheRapper
8. “Did God who gave us flowers and trees, Also provide the allergies?” — Yip Harburg
9. “Every season can be allergy season, depending on what you’re allergic to.” — Clara Chung
10. “Allergies to dust and grain, maladies, remedies and still these allergies remain.” — Paul Simon
Informational Allergy Quotes
The following allergy quotes are based on information about different allergies.
11. “I am definitely allergic to wheat. Every time I eat it, I feel awful.” — Edward Enninful
12. “I am deathly allergic to cats. I mean, I love all animals, but they’re not my animal of choice.” — Rick Hoffman
13. “Your skin turned crimson red; with infinite patches in your neck developing a disdainful allergy.” — Nikhil Parekh
14. “I am allergic to a certain kind of glue. Most eyelash glues are terrible; the glue in acrylic nails. I get a rash up my arm and face.” — Jennifer Coolidge
15. “I’m a little bit allergic to the whole brand thing, to be honest, but maybe it’s just happening around me, and I’m not really aware of it.” — Sophie Ellis-Bextor
16. “My dad grew up with an avocado tree in his backyard. My entire family, my wife, and daughters, they love avocado. I may well be allergic. It makes me physically sick.” — Ted Cruz
17. “A cold will usually clear up in about three to five days, whereas with an allergy, the sufferer may be sneezing or have difficulty breathing, but not run a fever like someone with a cold would.” — Clara Chung
18. “I didn’t know that my son had allergies until he spits up eggs one day, and one day he had a little peanut butter, and his face swelled up. I took him to get tested and found out that he is allergic to everything.” — Kym Whitley
19. “My interest was directed, from my medical student days to Immunology, particularly to the mechanism of hypersensitivity. I had suffered from bronchial asthma as a child and had developed a deep curiosity in allergic phenomena.” — Baruj Benacerraf
20. “If I’m pushed, I’d also have to admit I don’t like people with allergies. They just annoy me. There seems to be something far too self-centered about it. ‘No thanks, I’m allergic.’ Why not just say ‘No thanks’? I wasn’t asking for your medical history; I was just passing around the nuts. Trying to be friendly, that’s all.” — Jack Dee
Allergy Quotes About the Affected People
Below is a collection of quotes from allergy sufferers, so you can get sense and get additional information about different kinds of allergies.
21. “I have terrible chemical allergies, and I’m constantly battling unsightly reactions.” — Wendi McLendon-Covey
22. “Growing wild, not in the city, gave me an allergy. And my reaction’s, what’s gonna happen?” — Blondie
23. “I have allergies, and I’ve had my share of nosebleeds, but that’s usually related to pollen.” — Stephen Curry
24. “It was as if someone had hurled tonnes of chili powder, and the interiors of my eye developed a severe red allergy.” — Nikhil Parekh
25. “He’s helped me a lot over the years.” “I’m sure he has. You scratch his back. He scratches yours” “I have skin allergies. I’m itchy”.” — Darynda Jones
26. “After my pregnancy, I discovered I have an allergy to yeast. The problem is, all the food I love has yeast in it. So I have to relearn how to cook.” — Tia Mowry
27. “I have been dairy free for several years, and I started because I felt it was going to reduce my allergies, which it did, and help me lose weight, which it did.” — Fran Drescher
28. “When the boys at school found out I had a potentially fatal peanut allergy, they used to hold me up against a wall and play Russian Roulette with a bag of Revels!” — Milton Jones
29. “I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.” — James Thurber
30. “Because I’m a “strong person,” the symptoms hit me by surprise. It was, as I write in the book, stinging in my eyes after Sunday that I thought was an allergy until one day, I sat in the car and decided just to let my eyes tear up so that whatever was in them would come out, and what came out were tears that wouldn’t stop. It was literally a physical reaction that was my first indication there was anything wrong.” — Barbara Brown Taylor
Preventive Allergy Quotes
These allergy quotes talk about preventive measures that should be taken to counter different types of allergies.
31. “I have found out what I am allergic to, and I am trying to avoid that in my daily food intake.” — R. Madhavan
32. “If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.” — Daniel Handler
33. “A new study found that a mother’s diet affects her baby’s allergies. Which can only mean one thing: My mom ate cats.” — Jimmy Fallon
34. “People with asthma or allergies will be at particular risk of breathing in substances that are a threat to their health.” — Rosemary Shahan
35. “Allergic to cats, allergic to bees, allergic to dust, allergic to trees, and allergic to molds. Got to be tricked of something to eat allergies.” — Barenaked Ladies
36. “My nutritionist has done a great job in changing my diet after we established I am allergic to things like gluten – I can’t eat pizza, pasta, and bread. I have lost some weight, but my movement is sharper, and I feel great.” — Novak Djokovic
37. “I said something which gave you think I hated cats. But gad, sir, I am one of the most fanatical cat lovers in the business. If you hate them, I may learn to hate you. If your allergies hate them, I will tolerate the situation to the best of my ability.” — Raymond Chandler
38. “We must pay greater attention to keeping our bodies and minds healthy and able to heal. Yet we are making it difficult for our defenses to work. We allow things to be sold that should not be called food. Many have no nutritive value and lead to obesity, salt imbalance, and allergies.” — David Suzuki
39. “At least 50% of all children in the United States are allergic to cow’s milk, many undiagnosed. Dairy products are the leading cause of food allergy, often revealed by diarrhea, constipation, and fatigue. Many cases of asthma and sinus infections are reported to be relieved and even eliminated by cutting out dairy.” — Frank Oski
40. “I stay away from things that I know break me out – I am weirdly allergic to mango and almonds. I take evening primrose and supplements that have EFA fatty acids in them to just balance out my hormones and skin, and I take a lot of vitamin C. I drink a lot of water, try to eat really organic, and try to eat things that benefit my skin.” — Brittany Snow
Battling Allergy Quotes
Allergy quotes about battling with different kinds of allergies are mentioned below.
41. “I love to cook. But I have some food allergies, so I have to contend with those.” — Zooey Deschanel
42. “I was very sickly as a kid and had a lot of allergies, so martial arts gave me a chance to feel strong.” — Dolph Lundgren
43. “Winter was nothing but a season of snow; spring, allergies; and summer…It was the worst. That was swimsuit season.” — Teresa Lo
44. “The AmeI have a nut allergy. When I was at school, the other children used to make me play Russian roulette but force-feeding me a packet of Revels.” — Milton Jones
45. “I don’t take any of the medications I took when I was younger: antibiotics, antacids, aspirin, asthma inhalers, ulcer medication, allergy shots.” — Alicia Silverstone
46. “The American public is not aware that there might be potential allergenic and toxic reactions. With regular food, at least people know which foods they have an allergy to.” — Jeremy Rifkin
47. “Drinking cow milk has been linked to iron-deficiency anemia in infants and children; it has been named as the cause of cramps and diarrhea in much of the World’s population and the cause of multiple forms of allergies as well.” — Frank Oski
48. “We just found out my little brother has a peanut allergy, which is very serious, I know. But still, I feel like my parents are totally overreacting – they caught me eating a tiny little bag of airline peanuts, and they kicked me out of his funeral.” — Anthony Jeselnik
49. “As a kid, I was always sick. I had pneumonia; I had really severe allergies. And it wasn’t until I got older that I realized some of that was caused by toxins in things like detergent. That made me crazy because it’s supposed to help get things clean!” — Jessica Alba
50. “I’ve actually suffered from allergies my entire life. My mom had allergies, so I was aware of what an issue they could be. Many people allow their allergies to affect their lives. As a mom with two kids and two jobs, I just can’t let allergies slow me down. It’s a day-to-day thing that can really be remedied by finding the right medication.” — Alison Sweeney
Which of these Allergy Quotes is your Favorite?
The allergy quotes listed above are carefully selected to offer you the best possible experience.
When going through these quotes, you can find the experiences of different people suffering from allergies.
We have divided the quotes into different sections to help you find the most relevant and inspiring allergy quotes.
If you have found your favorite allergy quote, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.