Archie Bunker was a surprising character to become a favorite on a television show as you’ll see in these Archie Bunker quotes.
Archie Bunker is a character from the 70s show, All in the Family.
While his character was originally created for audiences to hate, the exact opposite happened.
Middle-class Americans connected with the character and couldn’t get enough.
Archie Bunker represented the white male in America who was struggling to come to grasps with the changing society.
He struggled with just about all minority groups but showed that he was able to learn and overcome his beliefs about them through his personal experiences.
While that sounds like a serious show, it was anything but.
Enjoy these Archie Bunker quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these “This Is Us” quotes from the hit show.
Funny Archie Bunker quotes
2. “It’s too late Edith, my bus has sailed.” – Archie Bunker
3. “She takes everything I say out of contest.” – Archie Bunker
4. “Why don’t you take a high dive into the clam drip?” – Archie Bunker
5. “Entertainment is a thing of the past, today we’ve got television.” – Archie Bunker
6. “I am B-U-Z-Y, busy!” – Archie Bunker
7. “That one kind of grapes on my nerves.” – Archie Bunker
8. “It ain’t German to the conversation.” – Archie Bunker
9. “There’s a strong criminal element up there.” – Archie Bunker
10. “I got a unanimous letter.” – Archie Bunker
Memorable Archie Bunker quotes
11. “No, let me tell you something, Mr. Stivic. You are a meathead! A meathead, dead from head up! A meathead!” – Archie Bunker
12. “Well, I’ll tell you one thing about President Nixon. He keeps Pat home. Which was where Roosevelt should have kept Eleanor. Instead, he let her run around loose until one day she discovered the colored. We never knew they were there. She told them they were gettin’ the short end of the stick and we been having trouble ever since.” – Archie Bunker
13. “We’re Just Sweeping Dirty Dishes Under The Rug.” – Archie Bunker
14. “Patience is a virgin.” – Archie Bunker
15. “If it’s too hot in the kitchen, stay away from the cook.” – Archie Bunker
16. “Mrs. O’Leary’s cow is sorry, but Cleveland burned anyway.” – Archie Bunker
17. “Dummy up.” – Archie Bunker
18. “Every man should be king of his castle. And in this here castle, I am the king.” – Archie Bunker
19. “And remember, don’t talk to strangers unless you know them very well.” – Archie Bunker
20. “Anybody that goes to see a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined!” – Archie Bunker
Interesting Archie Bunker quotes
21. “This isn’t something a man usually tells a woman: I love you, Edith.” – Archie Bunker
22. “Edith, somebody’s gotta be dead; that’s life.” – Archie Bunker
23. “Tell her I ain’t crawlin’ home to her with my tail between her legs.” – Archie Bunker
24. “I’ve never seen a man so low and depaved.” – Archie Bunker
25. “I wake up on a Saturday morning, I’m all alone. There’s no note, no nothing. There’s nobody here.” – Archie Bunker
You might also like these neurotic George Costanza quotes about nothing.
What’s your favorite Archie Bunker quotes?
Archie Bunker didn’t get the reaction that was initially expected.
And people didn’t forget about his character either.
During the last presidential election in the 70s, people wore shirts that said “Archie for President”.
And a new demographic was formed in the voting world known as the “Archie Bunker vote”.
However, this didn’t go away when the show ended.
The “Archie Bunker vote” was referenced in both the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections in order to describe a similar group of people.
While sitcoms are meant to entertain, there were also many lessons that could be learned, and can still be learned, from these episodes.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Archie Bunker quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST