If you’re a fan of the hit NBC show This Is Us, you are certainly not alone. Each season, millions of fans tune in to this cherished family drama that pulls at our heartstrings and gives us all the feels. For those who haven’t had the opportunity to watch This Is Us yet, you’re truly missing out. These This Is Us quotes on family, life, and love will make fans of the show fall in love with the series all over again.
The plot for the show This Is Us chronicles the story of the Pearson family across the span of several decades, starting with Jack and Rebecca Pearson. And, as described on the NBC website, “Everyone has a family. And every family has a story.” Since the show first aired in September 2016, it has amassed a cult following of loyal fans who praise the show for its relatable storylines, heart-hitting dialogue, and loveable characters played by an ensemble cast.
The majority of the series takes place in present day, with lovely flashbacks of parents, Jack (played by Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (played by Mandy Moore). The storylines show the Pearson family faced with adversity, family struggles, triumph, happiness, and so much more, obviously with its fair share of tear-jerking scenes that have audiences feeling for the family as if it were members of their very own.
Enjoy this collection of This Is Us quotes we have for you on Everyday Power!
This Is Us Quotes on Family
1. “You’re adopted, and we don’t talk about that enough. ‘Cause to me, you are every part my son. Maybe I don’t want you to feel like you stand out. But I need you to know something. I want you to stand out. I want all of you to be as different as you can possibly be. In all the best ways.” — Jack Pearson
2. “Mom, you are not in my way. You are my way.” — Kate Pearson
3. “Our marriage wasn’t perfect, it’s true. But none are. Your father wasn’t perfect either, but he was pretty damn close. As close as they come. He pushed a stranger on me, and that stranger became my child, and that child became my life. He became you.” — Rebecca Pearson
4. “The moment I saw you, I knew you were my boy. You weren’t a choice, Randall, you were a fact.” — Jack Pearson
5. “It’s family that makes me special, you four are what makes me great. And I’m sorry if I haven’t done a good job of showing you that enough lately.” — Randall Pearson
6. “I am thankful for my family. I’m thankful that we’re all safe and there’s no one in the world that I’d rather be too hot or too cold with.” — Jack Pearson
7. “I want you to be here for me, but even more for Jack. I want my son to grow up with that Rebecca Pearson level magic, too.” — Kate Pearson
8. “When you’re a mom, you get a front row seat to the best show in town: Watching your kids grow up.” — Rebecca Pearson
9. “Babe, we’re starting a new family. Our family. And no, we don’t have all of your action figures to pass down. And no, we don’t have my handmade football stadium. But babe, we come with us. You don’t need to pass down your favorite thing to your son because I know with every part of me that you are gonna be our son’s favorite thing. You.” — Kate Pearson
Also check out these Stranger Things quotes from the television series.
This Is Us Quotes On Life
10. “You got to own your choices, boys. Choose them fully and don’t look back.” — Jack Pearson
11. “How you present yourself on the outside reflects how you feel on the inside.” — Beth Pearson
12. “I haven’t had a happy life. Bad breaks. Bad choices. A life of almosts and could-haves. Some would call it sad, but I don’t. ‘Cause the two best things in my life were the person in the very beginning and the person at the very end. That’s a pretty good thing to be able to say, I think.” — William Hill
13. “Understanding and forgiveness are two very different animals.” — Beth Pearson
14. “I think that’s sort of how it works you know? We go through life slowly but surely collecting these little pieces of ourselves that we can’t really live without until we eventually have enough of them to feel whole.” — Kevin Pearson
15. “You see, for days, I’ve been plagued by the question: how do I honor my father’s legacy? Then I realized, I honor his legacy by taking what I learned from the way he lived his life and use it to shape the way I go on living mine.” — Randall Pearson
16. “You deserve it. You deserve the beautiful life you made. You deserve everything.” — William Hill
17. “We’re their parents. We do the best we can. But at the end of the day what happens to them, how they turn out, that’s bigger than us.” — Jack Pearson
18. “Life feels like Pac-Man sometimes. It’s the same game over and over again. Same board. Same ghosts. Sometimes, you get a bunch of cherries but eventually and inevitably, those ghosts catch up with you.” — Randall Pearson
19. “Sometimes you just got to do the right thing. You got to do the right thing, even if it’s not what you want.” — Kevin Pearson
20. “Thank you. For doing what I couldn’t. For raising him to be the man he is. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you, brother. I would have liked to have heard that laugh. I would have liked to have met my son’s father.” — William Hill
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Father-Son quotes about the power of their bond.
This Is Us Quotes On Love
21. “I love you as much as a human heart can love.” — Jack Pearson
22. “The hardest part… about seeing someone you love in pain is not being able to do anything about it, except try not to make it worse.” — Toby Damon
23. “You find your soulmate, you get married, you stay together until you die, period.” — Jack Pearson
24. “Sometimes, in marriage, someone has to be the one to push to make the big moves.” — Rebecca Pearson
25. “You know when I was a little boy I didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Adults always ask little kids that. I never had a good answer. Not until I was 28. Until the day that I met you. That’s when I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be the man that made you happy.” — Jack Pearson
26. “I don’t know what I think we are. I just know that I like the fact that there’s a ‘we’ for us to talk about.” — Kevin Pearson
27. “I love the mother that you are. I love that you are still the most beautiful woman in any room and that you laugh with your entire face.” — Jack Pearson
28. “You make me feel like I’m home.” — Jack Pearson
29. “I wasn’t expecting you. I didn’t think that we would end up together. The single most extraordinary thing I’ve ever done with my life is fall in love with you. I’ve never been seen so completely, loved so passionately and protected so fiercely.” — Beth Pearson
30. “You’re not just my great love story, Rebecca, you are my big break. And our love story? I know it may not feel like it right now, baby, but I promise you, it’s just getting started.” — Jack Pearson
31. “He loves you like he’s in a Disney movie or something. He hears tiny forest animals singing or playing kazoos or something, whenever you walk into a room. But if you’re sad, then you should talk to him. He’ll tell you you’re exceptional and he’ll say it so easy that you’ll believe it.” — Deja
32. “I don’t need anniversaries to see you. I see you every day. You are my daily meteor shower.” — Jack Pearson
33. “I love that you are still the same woman who all those years ago ran out of a blind date because she simply had to sing.” — Jack Pearson
34. “I want you to picture the love of your life. Imagine that you have 30 seconds to win her back. One shot, three sentences. What are those sentences, and who are you saying them to.” — Toby Damon
35. “There’s no dying. There is no me or you or them. There’s just us.” – Kevin Pearson
You might also like these classic Archie Bunker quotes from the famous “Middle-Class American”
Did These Quotes Bring Back Smiles And Happy Tears?
Did you enjoy this heartwarming collection of This Is Us quotes? They’re enough to make anyone want to tune into this beautiful family drama filled with authenticity and love. But, be warned, don’t forget to grab those tissues when tuning in, you’re going to need them!
Which one of these quotes was your favorite on the list? There are so many good ones, it’s hard to choose a favorite. Do you know anyone else who’s a huge fan of this show? Share these awesome This Is Us quotes with them, too!