Quotes From This Is Us About Family, Life, And Love
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
If you’re a fan of the hit NBC show This Is Us, you are certainly not alone.
Each season, millions of fans tune in to this cherished family drama that pulls at our heartstrings and gives us all the feels.
For those who haven’t had the opportunity to watch This Is Us yet, you’re truly missing out.
These This Is Us quotes on family, life, and love will make fans of the show fall in love with the series all over again.
The plot for the show This Is Us chronicles the story of the Pearson family across the span of several decades, starting with Jack and Rebecca Pearson.
And, as described on the NBC website, “Everyone has a family.
And every family has a story.”
Since the show first aired in September 2016, it has amassed a cult following of loyal fans who praise the show for its relatable storylines, heart-hitting dialogue, and loveable characters played by an ensemble cast.
The majority of the series takes place in present day, with lovely flashbacks of parents, Jack (played by Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (played by Mandy Moore).
The storylines show the Pearson family faced with adversity, family struggles, triumph, happiness, and so much more, obviously with its fair share of tear-jerking scenes that have audiences feeling for the family as if it were members of their very own.
Enjoy this collection of This Is Us quotes we have for you on Everyday Power!
For more inspiration, be sure to also check out our compilation of loving family quotes these quotes from The Office T.V. show, as well as these beautiful quotes about love.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
This Is Us Quotes on Family
1. “You’re adopted, and we don’t talk about that enough. ‘Cause to me, you are every part my son. Maybe I don’t want you to feel like you stand out. But I need you to know something. I want you to stand out. I want all of you to be as different as you can possibly be. In all the best ways.” — Jack Pearson
You will also enjoy our article on beth dutton quotes.
2. “Mom, you are not in my way. You are my way.” — Kate Pearson
3. “Our marriage wasn’t perfect, it’s true. But none are. Your father wasn’t perfect either, but he was pretty damn close. As close as they come. He pushed a stranger on me, and that stranger became my child, and that child became my life. He became you.” — Rebecca Pearson
4. “The moment I saw you, I knew you were my boy. You weren’t a choice, Randall, you were a fact.” — Jack Pearson
5. “It’s family that makes me special, you four are what makes me great. And I’m sorry if I haven’t done a good job of showing you that enough lately.” — Randall Pearson
6. “I am thankful for my family. I’m thankful that we’re all safe and there’s no one in the world that I’d rather be too hot or too cold with.” — Jack Pearson
7. “I want you to be here for me, but even more for Jack. I want my son to grow up with that Rebecca Pearson level magic, too.” — Kate Pearson
8. “When you’re a mom, you get a front row seat to the best show in town: Watching your kids grow up.” — Rebecca Pearson
9. “Babe, we’re starting a new family. Our family. And no, we don’t have all of your action figures to pass down. And no, we don’t have my handmade football stadium. But babe, we come with us. You don’t need to pass down your favorite thing to your son because I know with every part of me that you are gonna be our son’s favorite thing. You.” — Kate Pearson
Also check out these Stranger Things quotes from the television series.
This Is Us Quotes On Life
10. “You got to own your choices, boys. Choose them fully and don’t look back.” — Jack Pearson
11. “How you present yourself on the outside reflects how you feel on the inside.” — Beth Pearson
12. “I haven’t had a happy life. Bad breaks. Bad choices. A life of almosts and could-haves. Some would call it sad, but I don’t. ‘Cause the two best things in my life were the person in the very beginning and the person at the very end. That’s a pretty good thing to be able to say, I think.” — William Hill
13. “Understanding and forgiveness are two very different animals.” — Beth Pearson
14. “I think that’s sort of how it works you know? We go through life slowly but surely collecting these little pieces of ourselves that we can’t really live without until we eventually have enough of them to feel whole.” — Kevin Pearson
15. “You see, for days, I’ve been plagued by the question: how do I honor my father’s legacy? Then I realized, I honor his legacy by taking what I learned from the way he lived his life and use it to shape the way I go on living mine.” — Randall Pearson
16. “You deserve it. You deserve the beautiful life you made. You deserve everything.” — William Hill
17. “We’re their parents. We do the best we can. But at the end of the day what happens to them, how they turn out, that’s bigger than us.” — Jack Pearson
18. “Life feels like Pac-Man sometimes. It’s the same game over and over again. Same board. Same ghosts. Sometimes, you get a bunch of cherries but eventually and inevitably, those ghosts catch up with you.” — Randall Pearson
19. “Sometimes you just got to do the right thing. You got to do the right thing, even if it’s not what you want.” — Kevin Pearson
20. “Thank you. For doing what I couldn’t. For raising him to be the man he is. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you, brother. I would have liked to have heard that laugh. I would have liked to have met my son’s father.” — William Hill
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Father-Son quotes about the power of their bond.
This Is Us Quotes On Love
21. “I love you as much as a human heart can love.” — Jack Pearson
22. “The hardest part… about seeing someone you love in pain is not being able to do anything about it, except try not to make it worse.” — Toby Damon
23. “You find your soulmate, you get married, you stay together until you die, period.” — Jack Pearson
24. “Sometimes, in marriage, someone has to be the one to push to make the big moves.” — Rebecca Pearson
25. “You know when I was a little boy I didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Adults always ask little kids that. I never had a good answer. Not until I was 28. Until the day that I met you. That’s when I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be the man that made you happy.” — Jack Pearson
You might also like these classic Archie Bunker quotes from the famous “Middle-Class American”
Did These Quotes Bring Back Smiles And Happy Tears?
Did you enjoy this heartwarming collection of This Is Us quotes?
They’re enough to make anyone want to tune into this beautiful family drama filled with authenticity and love.
But, be warned, don’t forget to grab those tissues when tuning in, you’re going to need them!
Which one of these quotes was your favorite on the list?
There are so many good ones, it’s hard to choose a favorite.
Do you know anyone else who’s a huge fan of this show?
Share these awesome This Is Us quotes with them, too!