Fans of music will enjoy these Arctic Monkeys quotes from one of the most popular bands in Britain.
The Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in 2002.
The band consists of Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Nick O’Malley, and Matt Helders.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The band is known to represent multiple genres of music, including indie rock, garage rock, psychedelic rock, punk rock, hard rock, and more.
They are one of the first bands to become widely known via the internet and helped change the ways new bands are promoted.
Their first album, Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, was released in 2006 and is the fastest-selling debut album in UK chart history.
The group has now released seven albums, with each album winning awards along the way.
Take a look at these Arctic Monkeys quotes to learn more about the popular music group.
Arctic Monkeys Quotes from Alex Turner
These Arctic Monkeys quotes are from band member Alex Turner.
1. “Television? It’s a gateway to writer’s block, isn’t it?” — Alex Turner
2. “I’m not really one for collaborations, to be quite honest.” — Alex Turner
3. “It’s a very unnatural environment to be in, up on a stage.” — Alex Turner
4. “If anyone asks me about songwriting, I guess I’d say that you just gotta do it.” — Alex Turner
5. “I get nervous about gigs sometimes, but not with records – I always get excited.” — Alex Turner
6. “I think New York is a good place to write in general because it’s a grid. It’s organized.” — Alex Turner
7. “I usually sit around with the guitar in reach and grab it when I get an idea. Sometimes it lasts five minutes, and sometimes it lasts all day.” — Alex Turner
8. “Guitar music or rock n’ roll or whatever you want to call it sort of goes away with trends, but it’ll never go away completely. It can’t die because it’s so fundamentally attractive.” — Alex Turner
9. “I think I’m alright as a lyricist, you know? But then what will happen every couple of months or so is that I’ll hear a song I’ve never heard before and feel I’ve gone right back to square one.” — Alex Turner
10. “Sometimes, writing songs is like waiting in for deliveries. They give you a window, and your washing machine is going to show up, whether the window is the album or something you’re thinking, like, ‘This thing is going to come to me.’” — Alex Turner
You will also enjoy our article on MCR quotes.
Famous Arctic Monkeys Quotes
Enjoy these famous Arctic Monkeys quotes.
11. “By the time reality hits, the chimes of freedom fell to bits.” — Arctic Monkeys
12. “All that’s left is the truth that love’s not only blind but deaf.” — Arctic Monkeys
13. “And now you’re hiding in my soup/ And this book reveals your face.” — Arctic Monkeys
14. “Called up to listen to the voice of reason, and got his answering machine.” — Arctic Monkeys
15. “I launch my fragrance called ‘Integrity’/I sell the fact that I can’t be bought.” — Arctic Monkeys
16. “So, have you got the guts? / Been wondering if your heart’s still open and if so I wanna know what time it shuts.” — Arctic Monkeys
17. “With folded arms, you occupied the bench like toothache / Stood and puffed your chest out like you’d never lost a war.” — Arctic Monkeys
More Arctic Monkeys Quotes
Take a look at these Arctic Monkeys quotes.
18. “You can’t worry what people think.” — Alex Turner
19. “Whatever people say I am, that’s what I’m not.” — Arctic Monkeys
20. “You spend your time thinking about that, and you get lost in reflection.” — Alex Turner
21. “The idea that talent is directly proportional to your trophy cabinet is one I oppose.” — Alex Turner
22. “Over there there’s broken bones / There’s only music so that there’s new ringtones.” — Arctic Monkeys
23. “We live in Sheffield, and we write about the things we see here. What else is there to write about?” — Alex Turner
24. “There have always been jokes all over our songs; I originally started writing lyrics to make my friends crack a smile, which is difficult.” — Alex Turner
25. “The first time I went to New York, it was really exciting, and I thought, given half the chance, it would be nice to live there – the same with London.” — Alex Turner
How Popular Are the Arctic Monkeys?
The Arctic Monkeys are extremely popular.
Vice says, “In Britain at least, Arctic Monkeys have reached a point where they are too enormous, too beloved a force to truly fail.”
The English poet John Cooper Clarke said that the Arctic Monkeys are “the nearest thing” to the Beatles.
Please share these Arctic Monkeys quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about the Arctic Monkeys in the comment section below. You will also enjoy our collection of funny yearbook quotes and these best senior year quotes.