Beatles Quotes that Reach for a Better World
August 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST
There is no band more iconic than The Beatles.
These Beatles quotes show the wisdom the band shared with the world during the troubled times of the 60s and 70s.
Their hope for a better world, a world that aspires for love and peace, still inspires us to be better people today.
What made The Beatles so popular?
Not only were The Beatles one of the most influential musical bands of their time, they also used their platform as a world-wide sensation to actively in campaign for peace.
The words of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr still inspire us to live our lives with love, strive for peace, and to never extinguish the hope in our hearts.
Here is our collection of Beatles quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these wise Johnny Cash quotes on living a full life.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Beatles quotes for dreamers
1. “Love is the answer and you know that for sure.” – John Lennon
2. “And, in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.” — The Beatles
3. “Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given, never forgotten, never let it disappear.” – John Lennon
4. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” — John Lennon
5. “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” — John Lennon
6. “There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done.” – The Beatles
7. “Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see” – The Beatles
8. “What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink.” – John Lennon
9. “There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be.” ― John Lennon
10. “I believe in yesterday.” – The Beatles
Beatles quotes about love
11. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.” — John Lennon
12. “We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.” — John Lennon
13. “If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.” — John Lennon
14. “Love is like a flower, give it time and it will grow.” – John Lennon
15. “We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep on watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.” – John Lennon
16. “All you need is love.” — The Beatles
17. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” – The Beatles
18. “I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?” — John Lennon
Beatles quotes about peace
19. “If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliché that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.” — John Lennon
20. “We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?” – John Lennon
21. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
22. “And when the brokenhearted people living in the world agree there will be an answer, let it be.” – The Beatles
23. “I’m really glad that most of our songs were about love, peace and understanding.” – Paul McCartney
24. “Get out there and get peace, think peace, and live peace and breathe peace, and you’ll get it as soon as you like.” – John Lennon
25. “Lots of people who complained about us receiving the MBE received theirs for heroism in the war-for killing people. We received ours for entertaining other people. I’d say we deserve ours more.” – John Lennon
26. “I don’t believe in killing whatever the reason.” – John Lennon
Beatles quotes about hope
27. “Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” — John Lennon
28. “I am going into an unknown future, but I’m still all here, and still while there’s life, there’s hope.” – John Lennon
29. “Take these broken wings and learn to fly.” – The Beatles
Also read these epic Elvis Presley quotes that will have you singing “Hound Dog”
Beatles quotes about people
30. “I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.” — Paul McCartney
31. “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.” — Paul McCartney
32. “It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what color my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man.” – John Lennon
33. “If everyone could just be happy with themselves and the choices people around them make, the world would instantly be a better place!” – John Lennon
34. “You’re all geniuses, and you’re all beautiful. You don’t need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are.” — John Lennon
Beatles quotes about life
35. “It’s being here now that’s important. There’s no past and there’s no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now.” — George Harrison
36. “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” — John Lennon
37. “Nothing is real.” — John Lennon
38. “Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans” – John Lennon
39. “Possession isn’t nine-tenths of the law its nine-tenths of the problem.” – John Lennon
40. “If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” — John Lennon
41. “When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody’s noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius…I am one, and if there isn’t, I don’t care.” – John Lennon
42. “I only had two alternatives. Give up or carry on.” – Paul McCartney
You might also like these Miles Davis quotes from a legendary figure in American music.
More Beatles quotes on life lessons
43. “I’ve never really done anything to create what has happened. It creates itself. I’m here because it happened. But I didn’t do anything to make it happen apart from saying ‘Yes’.” – Ringo Starr
44. “Nobody controls me. I’m uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me, and that’s just barely possible.” – John Lennon
45. “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!” — John Lennon
46. “And any time you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain. Don’t carry the world upon your shoulders.” – The Beatles
47. “Your own space, man, it’s so important. That’s why we were doomed because we didn’t have any. It is like monkeys in a zoo. They die. You know, everything needs to be left alone.” – George Harrison
48. “It’s all in the mind.” – George Harrison
49. “Time wounds all heels.” – John Lennon
50. “Music is like a psychiatrist. You can tell your guitar things that you can’t tell people. And it will answer you with things people can’t tell you.” – Paul McCartney
Don’t forget to also read our list of best BTS quotes from the platinum-selling South Korean boy band.
Short Beatles Quotes About Learning From Our Surroundings
51. “Doesn’t have a point of view / Doesn’t know where he’s going to / Isn’t he a bit like you and me?” ― The Beatles
52. “Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature.” ― George Harrison
53. “I really thought love would save us all.” ― John Lennon
54. “I’d like to end up sort of…. Unforgettable.” ― Ringo Starr
55. “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” ― John Lennon
56. “Our friends called us the four- headed- muster because we were never apart.” ― Paul McCartney
57. “With every mistake, we must surely be learning.” ― George Harrison
58. “The Beatles saved the world from boredom.” ― George Harrison
59. “The thing is, we’re all really the same person. We’re just four parts of one.” ― Paul McCartney
60. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” ― John Lennon
Do these Beatles quotes inspire you to live life with love?
In their lyrics, The Beatles sang about love, hope, and their observations of life during the 60s and 70s.
While their lyrics ranged from deep to nonsensical, their words still impact music listeners of today.
These Beatles quotes reflect their efforts to make the world a better place.
As The Beatles said, all you need is love.
The world would be a better place if we all live with a little more love in our hearts.
Use these quotes to inspire you to live life with love and do your part to bring a little more peace on earth.
Did you enjoy these Beatles quotes and lyrics?
Which quote is your favorite?
Do you have a favorite quote that we didn’t mention?
Let us know in the comment section below.
June 21, 2022 at 8:23 PM
Nice list. Just so you know, #6, 21, 22, and 39 were all by Paul McCartney.