These Arthur Morgan quotes will give you some insight into the Western gun-slinging protagonist.
Arthur Morgan is a fictional and central character in the Red Dead Redemption 2 game. When Arthur was a child, his mother died. His father was a petty criminal and an outlaw who was arrested when Arthur was 11.
When Arthur gets older, he joins Dutch van der Linde’s gang and becomes Dutch’s first protégé. He eventually becomes Dutch’s most dedicated enforcer. However, after a few failed heists, Arthur parts ways with Dutch and teams up with John Marston. Arthur also has a son with a server, but robbers kill both of them.
One interesting thing about this game is that the decisions the player makes affect the outcome of the game. Spoiler alert, but this led many players to question whether Arthur Morgan could have possibly survived in the game.
Another question that players often have is what words will Arthur Morgan utter at the end of the game? His last words are always the same, but depending on the player’s honor level, the preceding dialogue will be different.
Keep reading these Arthur Morgan quotes to find those last words, and learn more about what happens to Arthur Morgan at the end of Red Dead Redemption 2.
Don’t forget to also check out these Pennywise quotes from the scariest clown of all.
Heartfelt and sad Arthur Morgan quotes from Red Dead Redemption 2
1. “I guess I… I’m afraid.” ― Arthur Morgan
2. “We ain’t both gonna make it.” ― Arthur Morgan
3. “I gave you all I had.” ― Arthur Morgan
4. “Lack of something to feel important about is almost the greatest tragedy a man may have.” ― Arthur Morgan
5. “You ugly bastard… you got old… and kinda sad. No wonder they all leave you.” ― Arthur Morgan
6. “Nothin’ means more to me than this gang. I would kill for it. I would happily die for it. I wish things were different… But it wasn’t us who changed.” ― Arthur Morgan
7. “We’re thieves, in a world that don’t want us no more.” ― Arthur Morgan
8. “John made it; he’s the only one.” ― Arthur Morgan
9. “All them years, Dutch, for this snake?” ― Arthur Morgan
10. “I hope it’s hot and terrible, Mrs. Downes… Otherwise, I’ll feel I’ve been sold a false Bill of Goods.” ― Arthur Morgan
11. “We’re more ghosts than people.” ― Arthur Morgan
Funny Arthur Morgan quotes that will make you laugh
12. “Five thousand dollars? For me? Can I turn myself in?” ― Arthur Morgan
13. “I think, as a general rule, Dutch likes to avoid murder within the camp.” ― Arthur Morgan
14. “You, sir, are a fish.” ― Arthur Morgan
15. “We each made 15 dollars, oh, and a quarter! Don’t forget the quarter!” ― Arthur Morgan
16. “Should I just… sneak on now?” ― Arthur Morgan
17. “Forgive me if I slip and stab you in the face.” ― Arthur Morgan
18. “Look, I’m sorry, friend. I can barely speak English.” ― Arthur Morgan
19. “I do my utmost to avoid you.” ― Arthur Morgan
20. “Does this trolley go to Tahiti?” ― Arthur Morgan
21. “Women voting? Sure, why not? Anyone dumb enough to wanna vote, I say go for it.” ― Arthur Morgan
22. “Next time, let the wolves eat all your brain… then you’ll be a genius.” ― Arthur Morgan
23. “Hey, Mister!” ― Arthur Morgan
24. “We got sloppier than the town drunk… and they know who we are, and where we are, and what we’re doing.” ― Arthur Morgan
Best Arthur Morgan quotes about life
25. “Life’s greatest adventure is in doing one’s level best.” ― Arthur Morgan
26. “Humanists are not characteristically strong in faith, hope, and love.” ― Arthur Morgan
27. “You don’t get to live a bad life and have good things happen to you.” ― Arthur Morgan
28. “We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” ― Arthur Morgan
29. “Just do one thing or the other, don’t try to be two people at once.” ― Arthur Morgan
30. “Vengeance is an idiot’s game.” ― Arthur Morgan
31. “Be loyal to what matters.” ― Arthur Morgan
32. “Some jobs aren’t for saving and some legacies are for pissing on.” ― Arthur Morgan
33. “You enjoy being a rich man’s toy, do ya?” ― Arthur Morgan
34. “You know, all that ever mattered to me was loyalty? It was all I knew. It was all I ever believed in.” ― Arthur Morgan
Ruthless Arthur Morgan quotes and RDR2 quotes that make you shake in your boots
35. “You’re gonna sleep with your chest open if you ain’t careful, boy.” ― Arthur Morgan
36. “Hell, I ain’t got much to lose, but you gotta do what’s right and cut some loose. John and his family, I’m afraid I have to insist.” ― Arthur Morgan
37. “Maybe we should cut you open and count the rings of whiskey.” ― Arthur Morgan
38. “We just got plenty of time, Micah. We all need to have a little chat…” ― Arthur Morgan
39. “You’re my favorite parasite… no wait, ringworm’s my favorite parasite, you’re my second-favorite parasite… I lied. Ringworm then rats with the plague, then you.” ― Arthur Morgan
40. “What is going on Dutch? What is happening to us? What’s happening to you?” ― Arthur Morgan
41. “You gonna strangle me too, Dutch?” ― Arthur Morgan
42. “You speak as if killing was something I cared about.” ― Arthur Morgan
Arthur Morgan Quotes from John Marston
43. “I never thought I’d say this but, it’s good to see you, Arthur Morgan.” ― John Marston
44. “Why are you so interested in my life? Haven’t you got one of your own?” ― John Marston (to Arthur Morgan)
45. “I sometimes wonder if things are ever the way we remember ’em, if we were ever who we thought we was.” ― John Marston (to Arthur Morgan)
46. “We should have killed him months ago.” ― John Marston (to Arthur Morgan)
47. “But you’re my brother.” ― John Marston (to Arthur Morgan)
Which of these Arthur Morgan quotes is your favorite?
So, to answer the question about whether Arthur can survive the game, the answer is no. Regardless of what decision you make, he will die by one of these methods: succumbing to tuberculosis, a bullet to the head, or a knife in the back. It is the West, after all, and the dramatic life and death of the outlaw is kind of a given. I won’t spoil all the endings for you, but they will depend on your honor level.
As for Arthur’s last words (uttered to Dutch), they were, “I gave you all I had.” Roger Clark does a spectacular job doing the voice acting in this Rockstar game. If you are a big Western fan, or a gamer who loves a little more challenge than your typical sandbox RPG, then you should give this game a shot if you haven’t already!
Did you enjoy these Arthur Morgan quotes and sayings? Let us know what your favorite part of Red Dead Redemption 2 is using the comment section below.
May 31, 2021 7:00 AM EST