Even though the movie “It” is such a creepy film that one will never want to watch again, all the Pennywise quotes that were delivered in the film will still ring in the mind.
Based on Stephen King’s 1986 book, the movie’s main character is Pennywise, a scary clown that preys upon innocent children with his adaptive, manipulative powers.
Pennywise’s tactics would often go unnoticed by parents as he continues to search for children as victims.
The Pennywise quotes from the movie ultimately give the creeps to anyone who reads or hears them. That is why it’s hard to forget the movie even though it’s years since it was released.
Keep reading these Pennywise quotes to understand how creepy and frightening the character is.
Don’t forget to also check out these Groundhog Day quotes that you can enjoy again and again.
Scary Pennywise Quotes and Lines
1. “Time to float.” – Pennywise
2. “Tasty, tasty, beautiful fear.” – Pennywise
3. “This isn’t really enough for you, Billy? I’m not real enough for you?” – Pennywise
4. “Do you want a balloon too, Georgie?” – Pennywise
5. “Popcorn! Is that your favorite?” – Pennywise
6. “Here, take it. Take it, Georgie.” – Pennywise
7. “Beep beep, Richie.” – Pennywise
8. “I’ll take him. I’ll take all of you. And I’ll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear.” – Pennywise
9. “I’m taking him, only him.” – Pennywise
10. “Fear.” – Pennywise
11. “Well, I’m Pennywise the Dancing Clown.” – Pennywise
12. “You’ll float down here. We’ll float down here.” – Pennywise
13. “For 27 years, I dreamt of you. I craved you.” – Pennywise
Terrifying Pennywise Quotes
14. “Excuse me sir! Do you have Prince Albert in a can? You do?!? Well then you better let the poor guy out! (laughs)” – Pennywise
15. “Don’t you want it?” – Pennywise
16. “Kiss me fat boy!” – Pennywise
17. “Hi Georgie, I said Hello. Oh, come on puckle, don’t you want a balloon.” – Pennywise
18. “Hahahahahaha say hello to your friends Beverly!” – Pennywise
19. “Hahaha you’ll die if you try to fight us! You’ll die if you try!” – Pennywise
20. They ALL float down here. When you’re down here with us, you’ll float too!” – Pennywise
21. “I’ll kill you all! Aha, I’ll drive you crazy, and I’ll kill you all! I’m every nightmare you’ve ever had.” – Pennywise
22. “You look like a nice boy, I bet you have a lot of friends.” – Pennywise
23. “I am your worst dream come true!” – Pennywise
24. “I am everything you ever were afraid of!” – Pennywise
25. “A storm blew me away. Blew the whole circus away. Can you smell the circus, Georgie? There’s peanuts… cotton candy… hot dogs… and…” – Pennywise
26. “Well I’m Pennywise. . . and you’re Georgie. . . so I guess we know each other now!” – Pennywise
Pennywise Quotes and lines from Other Characters
27. “What if it’s just some crazy guy in a clown suit?” – Eddie Kaspbrak
28. “Home is the place where when you go there, you have to finally face the thing in the dark.” — Eddie Kaspbrak
29. “Maybe that’s why God made us kids first and built us close to the ground, because He knows you got to fall down a lot and bleed a lot before you learn that one simple lesson.” – Ben Hanscom
30. You pay for what you get, you own what you pay for . . . and sooner or later whatever you own comes back home to you.” — Ben Hanscom
31. “I’m not supposed to take things from strangers.” – Georgie
32. “What are you doing in the sewer?” – Georgie
33. “The kid in you just leaked out, like the air out of a tire. And one day you looked in the mirror and there was a grownup looking back at you.” — Richie Tozier
Other Pennywise quotes and sayings from the movie It
34. “Look, you don’t have to come in with me, but what happens when another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty, or another Ed Corcoran, or… one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn’t happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can’t. I go home and all I see is that Georgia isn’t there.” – Bill
35. “My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. That all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing… an evil thing.” – Mike Hanlon
36. “Derry is not like any town I’ve been in before. They did a study once and, it turns out, people die or disappear at six times the national average. And that’s just grown-ups. Kids are worse. Way, way worse.” – Ben Hanscom
37. “We all float down here.” – Georgie
38. “How do you think Betty feels, running around these tunnels with only one frickin shoe?” – Richie Tozier
39. “When you’re a kid, you think that you’ll always be… protected, and care for. Then, one day, you realize that’s not true. If you open your eyes, you will see what we’re going through. ‘Cause when you’re alone as a kid, the monsters see you as weaker. You don’t even know they’re getting closer. Until it’s too late.” – Stanley
40. “Ain’t nothing like a little fear to make a paper man crumble.” – Officer Bowers
Which of these Pennywise quotes is your favorite?
“It” is one of the movies that will scare all moviegoers. It was even rated as one of the most terrifying films of all time due to its scary and hair-raising element and plot.
Despite this, it is a high-grossing movie that seemed to have captured the attention of movie lovers who are into horror and thrillers.
What makes it unique is that Pennywise is a clown, a character that is supposed to be loved by children.
However, Pennywise breaks the common notion of clowns as every kid’s fun friend. Rather, he made a new reputation for clowns as someone to be scared of and not be friends with.
Are you a fan of the movie It? How did you find Pennywise? Did he scare you to death? We bet all these Pennywise quotes and lines will continue ringing in your head.
May 27, 2021 7:00 AM EST