Rick and Morty, an American adult animated sitcom, was created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon.
You may also enjoy our article on:
It airs on The Cartoon Network’s nighttime Adult Swim programming block.
The series chronicles the blunderings of Rick Sanchez, who is a mad scientist, and his grandson Morty Smith.
The pair split their time between mundane domestic life and interdimensional travel.
There will not be as long of a wait for season 5 as there was for season 4.
Fans are grateful about that fact, but just when will season 5 of Rick and Morty be released?
Creators haven’t released the official date yet, but they did promise that it would be much quicker than the last time!
Keep reading through these Rick and Morty quotes for a good laugh.
They cover everything from life to the 4th wall.
Fair warning, there are some inappropriate ones that are definitely made for adults!
There are some facts about the show for some added entertainment value as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Rick and Morty quotes that break the 4th wall
1. “I programmed you to believe that.” ― Rick Sanchez
2. “That was season one! Thanks for watching!” ― Rick Sanchez
3. “And that’s the end of the Morty gets a dragon episode.”— Rick Sanchez
4. “Get out of here, Summer! You ruined the season 4 premiere!” — Rick Sanchez
5. “Oh, boy, so you actually learned something today? What is this, Full House?” — Rick Sanchez
Rick and Morty quotes about life
6. “To live is to risk it all.” — Rick Sanchez
7. “It’s your choice to take this personally” — Rick Sanchez
8. “Sometimes science is more art than science.” — Morty Smith
9. “Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing.” — Rick Sanchez
10. “I’m sorry, but your opinion means very little to me.” — Rick Sanchez
11. “I think you have to think ahead and live in the moment” — Rick Sanchez
12. “There’s a lesson here and I’m not going to be the one to figure it out.” — Rick Sanchez
13. “Must… continue… moving… in… ways… that… lead… to… dying… with… you.” — Morty Smith
15. “Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We’re all going to die. Come watch TV.” — Morty Smith
16. “Mr. President, if I’ve learned one thing today it’s that sometimes you have to not give a f*ck!” — Morty Smith
17. “How many of these are just horrible mistakes I made? I mean, maybe I’d stop making so many if I let myself learn from them.” — Morty Smith
18. Listen to me, Morty. I know that new situations can be intimidating. You’re lookin’ around and it’s all scary and different, but y’know … meeting them head-on, charging into ‘em like a bull — that’s how we grow as people.” — Rick Sanchez
19. “Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you, but what people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science.” — Rick Sanchez
Rick and Morty quotes from the supporting cast
20. “Life is effort. I’ll stop when I die!” — Jerry Smith
21. “Camping is just being homeless without the change.”— Summer Smith
22. “Ooh yeah, shame me. At least when I’m disgusting it’s on purpose.” — Summer Smith
23. “If I’ve learned one thing, it’s that before you get anywhere in life, you gotta stop listening to yourself” — Jerry Smith
24. “I realize now I’m attracted to you for the same reason I can’t be with you; you can’t change. And I have no problem with that but it clearly means I have a problem with myself.” — Unity
25. “Having a family doesn’t mean that you stop being an individual. You know the best thing you can do for the people that depend on you? Be honest with them, even if it means setting them free.” — Mr. Meeseeks
Which of these Rick and Morty quotes is your favorite?
What are some interesting things that the average fan might not know about Rick and Morty?
Well, the first one, which is rather astounding is that the creators wrote the pilot in just six hours!
So, ummm guys, where is season 5?
We know you can work fast!
“Wubba lubba dub dub,” Rick’s signature catchphrase was a total accident.
It was supposed to just be ‘wub wub wub wub wub,’ a nod to the Three Stooges.
However, during a last-minute rewrite, creator Justin Roiland, who voices Rick, read the line wrong.
Wubba lubba dub dub.
Rick and Morty have done some pretty insane things, like blow up an alien race.
They have also left Jerry all over time and space.
What is your favorite Rick and Morty episode?
If you have a favorite Rick and Morty quote that didn’t make the list, you can leave it in the comment section below!