These kissing quotes will remind you how much you enjoy this intimate display of affection.
Kissing is a display of affection when you touch or press your lips against another person.
Like the iconic upside-down kiss between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson in the movie Spider-Man, some kisses have the power to leave an unforgettable impact on our hearts and minds.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
These enchanting kissing quotes explore the art of intimacy and connection.
In some cultures, a light kiss on the cheek or cheeks may be a greeting.
But universally, a kiss from your lips to another person’s lips is considered an intimate action between people that love each other.
There are many types of kisses, and some are listed below:
- Lips – when two people kiss each other lips to lips
- French kiss – when the kissing includes extending tongues to touch each other
- Kiss on the cheek – a quick kiss that can be respectful or loving
- Neck kiss – a sensual kiss when one person kisses the neck of another
- Forehead kiss – a loving kiss that is more sweet than romantic
Take a look at these Kissing Quotes to remember your favorite kisses.
Top Kissing Quotes
Enjoy some of the most popular quotes about kissing.
1. “A man’s kiss is his signature.” — Mae West
2. “A kiss may ruin a human life” ― Oscar Wilde
3. “Kiss till the cow comes home.” — Francis Beaumont
4. “Kiss me and see how important I am.” — Sylvia Plath
5. “For me personally, everything is on a kiss.” — Anna Friel
6. “Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you.” — Joey Adams
7. “I think Heaven will be like a first kiss.” ― Sarah Addison Allen
8. “A kiss is a rosy dot over the ‘i’ of loving.” — Cyrano de Bergerac
9. “A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.” — Rupert Brooke
10. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” — Ingrid Bergman
The Magic of Kissing Quotes
When people discuss kissing, a tone of magic and delight is often shared, as shown in the quotes below.
11. “How beautiful she was when she let me kiss her.” — Gaston Leroux
12. “A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear.” — Edmond Rostand
13. “If a kiss could be seen, I think it would look like a violet.” — L.M. Montgomery
14. “A kiss on the beach when there is a full moon is the closest thing to heaven.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
15. “How far away the stars seem, and how far is our first kiss, and ah, how old my heart.” — William Butler Yeats
16. “He still blushes every evening when he gets his good-night kiss, and then begs for another one.” — Anne Frank
17. “The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
18. “Once a person knows a kiss and a kind word, you can’t blame him for never wanting to live without them again.” — Robert James Waller
19. “The words, ‘I love you’ become nothing but noise. But that’s why we kiss. To say with our lips what we couldn’t before.” — Iain Thomas
20. “It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
Advice About Kissing Quotes
Many pieces of advice and recommendations are floating around about kissing, as shown in these quotes.
21. “Teasing’s part of the fun that comes before kissing” ― Lois Lowry
22. “The first kiss can be as terrifying as the last.” ― Daina Chaviano
23. “A kiss that is never tasted is forever and ever wasted.” — Billie Holiday
24. “I want to make sure that the first person you kiss loves you, okay?” ― Stephen Chbosky
25. “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
26. “If you are ever in doubt as to whether to kiss a pretty girl, always give her the benefit of the doubt.” — Thomas Carlyle
27. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” — Albert Einstein
28. “Life is short but love your loved ones. Love them, kiss them every day because you don’t know what’s going to happen.” — Angelina Pivarnick
29. “You only just tell a boy you won’t ever have anybody but him, ever ever ever, and then you kiss, and that’s all. Anybody can do it.” — Mark Twain
30. “Well, my dear, take heart. Some day, I will kiss you, and you will like it. But not now, so I beg you not to be too impatient.” — Margaret Mitchell
People Love Kissing Quotes
As you’ll see below, people enjoy the act of kissing and the connection it brings.
31. “I like to have someone I can touch and squeeze and kiss.” — Cher
32. “Kiss me in sweet slow motion/Let’s let everything slide” — Faith Hill
33. “I’m going to kiss you now, and I don’t know if I’ll ever stop.” ― Jamie McGuire
34. “Women still remember the first kiss after men have forgotten the last.” — Remy de Gourmont
35. “Remember, we’re madly in love, so it’s all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.” — Suzanne Collins
36. “When I find the right person, nothing else will matter, but I’m prepared to kiss a lot of frogs.” — Sam Smith
37. “I was going to kiss him, and I was going to regret it. But at that moment, I couldn’t bring myself to care.” ― Michelle Hodkin
38. “I’m so glad they still work. I haven’t used them for kissing in such a long time, more like for wearing lipstick and whistling.” — Diane Keaton
39. “I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you good night — and there’s a lot of difference.” ― Ernest Hemingway
40. “Even though they fought, their fighting never turned them against each other. It always ended with them embracing and kissing, smiling, laughing.” — Richard Matheson
More Kissing Quotes
Kissing is an important part of love and relationships, often discussed in books, movies, and television.
41. “Well, it’s either kiss me or kill me, that’s how I see it.” ― Tom Waits
42. “You should be kissed and by someone who knows how.” ― Margaret Mitchell
43. “Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it.” — Bernard Meltzer
44. “Then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before…and it was blissful oblivion, better than firewhisky; she was the only real thing in the world.” ― J.K. Rowling
45. “Since the invention of the kiss, there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind. The End.” — The Princess Bride
46. “Imagine feeling like every kiss goodbye to your loved ones each day might be your last kiss. Police officers and their families feel this way every single day.” — Karen Salmansohn
47. “Humans are the only animal that blushes, laughs, has religion, wages war, and kisses with lips. So in a way, the more you kiss with lips, the more human you are.” — Jonathan Safran Foer
48. “It took me by surprise how much I wanted to be kissed by him, to realize that I’d thought about it so often that I’d memorized the exact shape of his lips, that I’d imagined running my finger down the cleft of his chin.” — Gayle Forman
49. “The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.” — Emil Ludwig
50. “It wasn’t that long, and it certainly wasn’t the kind of kiss you see in movies these days, but it was wonderful in its own way, and all I can remember about the moment is that when our lips touched, I knew the memory would last forever.” — Nicholas Sparks
Is Kissing an Instinctive Action?
Whether kissing is instinctive or a learned behavior is debated, as there is no firm answer.
When you love someone, you feel like you want to express affection, and a nice kiss is one of the most natural ways to do that.
Please share these Kissing Quotes with your friends and family!
Post any comments about kissing in the comment section below.