Stop and smell the tulips and check out these fun tulip quotes.
Who doesn’t love tulips?
Tulips are world-renowned for their beauty and radiance.
Tell us your favorite tulip quote in the comment section below.
Research by the Tulip Psychology Research Center has found that people who receive tulips as a gift are more likely to feel happy and grateful than those who receive other types of flowers.
The bright colors and sweet fragrances of tulips are thought to have a positive effect on mood.
What are the benefits of reading these tulip quotes?
Tulips originated in Turkey.
They were first cultivated as early as 1000 AD.
The word tulip comes from an old Turkish word for turban, which looks very similar to the flower.
Tulip mania was a real thing, literally.
In the 1600s, the popularity of tulips went global.
At one point, the market for tulips was so intense the flower was worth more than diamonds.
Today the tulip is one of the world’s most recognized flowers.
We have over 150 species of tulips on our planet.
Of those species, there are 3000 varieties of tulips!
Tulips come in a large spectrum of colors, including:
Different cultures and countries worldwide hold annual tulip festivals, where people come together to enjoy the beauty of the tulip.
You will also enjoy our article on orchid quotes.
Short tulip quotes for Instagram
The Tulip Research Institute conducted a study that found that tulips are the most popular flower in the world, accounting for 25% of all flower sales.
Their vibrant colors and variety of shapes make them a favorite for both gardeners and florists.
1. “Be a tulip in a field of weeds.” — Anonymous
2. “Shine bright like a tulip.” — Anonymous
3. “Tulips heaven bloom in adversity.” — Anonymous
4. “The earth laughs in flowers.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Don’t just live—bloom.” — Anonymous
6. “Life isn’t a tiptoe through the tulips.” — Shannon Hoon
7. “Flowers heal me. Tulips make me happy.” — Rebecca Wells
8. “And in the end, love tastes like Tulips having rain tea in a colored cup.” — Fathima Shamla
9. “Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.” — John Lennon
10. “In Holland, everyone is an expert in painting and in tulips.” — Albert Camus
You will also enjoy our article on December quotes.
Everyone loves tulips quotes
According to a study by the Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands, tulips have been cultivated for over 400 years.
The study highlights that there are more than 3,000 different varieties of tulips in existence.
11. “Tulips were a tray of jewels.” — E. M. Forster
12. “I want to preserve your love in a field of Tulips, safely living in it.” — Fathima Shamla
13. “Let yourself go. You’re bound to bloom.” — Anonymous
14. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” — Audrey Hepburn
15. “Every flower must grow through dirt.” — Laurie Jean Sennott
16. “When tulip mania dies down, all that remains are pretty flowers.” — Adam Cohen
17. “A world of grief and pain, flowers bloom—even then.” — Kobayashi Issa
18. “Here tulips bloom as they are told; Unkempt about those hedges blows an English unofficial rose.” — Rupert Brooke
19. “Even the tiniest of flowers can have the toughest roots.” — Shannon Mullen
20. “I’m going to do an adaptation of the Italian film Bread and Tulips. I really like that film.” — Norman Jewison
Get to know the tulips quotes
21. “A tulip doesn’t strive to impress anyone. It doesn’t struggle to be different than a rose.” — Marianne Williamson
22. “Give me peonies and tulips, orchids or gardenia. Those were flowers with character.”— Justina Chen
23. “Even when petals have flaws, all you see is a beautiful flower.” — Adrianne Elizabeth
24. “If a purple tulip could talk, she would say something calm, cool, and wise, without the flash of a soothing balm.” — Amelia Brown
25. “Snow is on both sides of the same page. It covers the grave and the tulip.” — Richard L. Ratliff
26. “Like tulip-beds of different shape and dyes, bending beneath the invisible west-wind’s sighs.” — Thomas Moore
27. “She loved him the way one loves an old bridge or a wool sweater or the sound of a growing tulip.” — Joseph Fink
28. “Sweet scents, red tulips. Red tulips bring such happiness. Our hearts are full of pleasure.” — Natasa Tocuc
29. “Tiptoe through the tulips with me.” — Al Dubin
30. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” — Victor Hugo
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of dandelion quotes about nature’s pretty little weed.
Flower and Tulip quotes
31. “In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.” — Okakura Kakuzo
32. “The tulip is the loveliest of all flowers. So whoever despised the tulip offends God immeasurably.” — Alexandre Dumas
33. “Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.” — Leigh Bardugo
34. “I love your roots, not the flower everybody sees!” — Akilnathan Logeswaran
35. “Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.” — Sigmund Freud
36. “So, in the tulip, we have a flower of beauty and grace of charm, refinement and distinction. It is a powerful flower and it knows it.” — Tadashi Shoji
37. “I want to preserve your love in a field of tulips safely living in it.” — Fatima Shamla
38. “How can you be content to be in the world like tulips in a garden, to make a fine show, and be good for nothing?” — Mary Astell
39. “Some tulips last so long you could almost dust them off, and others you can’t trust over night.” — Constance Spry
40. “Dreaming of wandering in the tulip fields.” — Anonymous
Tulip Tree Quotes
41. “Tiptoe through the tulips.” — Tiny Tim
42. “Anyone know how flowers whistle? Through their tulips.” — Anonymous
43. “Dutch tulips from their beds, flaunted their stately heads.” — James Montgomery
44. “You’re strictly a tulip girl—a red tulip girl.” — Alyson Noel
45. “Still life with tulips. We all need beauty in our lives.” — Anonymous
46. “Here are the tulips, budded and full-blown, their swoops and dips, their gloss, and poses, the satin of their darks.” — Margaret Atwood
47. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower, clearly our whole life would change.” — Buddha
48. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming.” — Pablo Neruda
49. “And in the end, love tastes like tulips having rain tea in a colored cup.” — Fatima Shamla
50. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” — Jim Carrey
Tulips are beautiful
People love tulips!
The admiration for the flower is rightfully earned.
Fashion designer Tadashi Shoji described the tulip as a flower of “beauty and grace of charm, refinement, and distinction. It is a powerful flower, and it knows it.”
There are many reasons to love tulips.
Did you know tulips were edible?
Tulip petals can replace onions in many meals.
They give a wonderful flavor to dishes.
Tulips are even used to make delicious floral wine.
The symmetry of Tulips might help explain why people like them so much
Human beings also love symmetry.
We find symmetrical faces attractive; we are drawn to different symmetry in life.
The flower buds of the tulip are often admired because they are a product of nature that is perfectly symmetrical.
Humans also enjoy immediate results!
The tulip is a flower that can literally bloom overnight, so people enjoy the short turnaround in which its delicate petals burst out and brighten up our world.
Tell us your favorite tulip quote in the comment section below.