Baptism Quotes Explaining the Religious Importance
September 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These baptism quotes will help explain why the holy sacrament of baptism is an important part of the Christian religion.
But first, what is baptism exactly and why is it important?
Baptism is a sacrament of admission to the Christian Church.
Symbolizing cleansing and Christ’s death and resurrection, baptism which usually involves sprinkling of water onto the recipient’s forehead or immersing in water.
In Catholicism, they believe baptism is required to purify the taint of original sin.
That’s why they commonly baptize infants and young children.
These baptism quotes and scriptures further explore what baptism is and why it’s important.
We also have a collection of Christian quotes to inspire faith and love.
Be sure to also read that.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Baptism Quotes and Scriptures
1. “For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body – whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free – and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” – 1 Corinthians 12:13
2. “So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.” – Acts 10:48
3. “And this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also – not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – 1 Peter 3:21
4. “In baptism, new Christians become part of a body of fellow believers who are called to spiritually encourage one another and hold one another responsible for consistent Christian living.” – Tony Campolo
5. “Baptism was to put a line of demarcation between your past sins when you are buried with him by baptism – You are buying your past sins – eradicating them – putting a line in the sand saying that old man is dead and he is no longer alive any more and I rise up to walk in the newness of life.” – T.D. Jakes
6. “Having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”- Colossians 2:12
7. “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” – Mark 16:16
8. “He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,” – Titus 3:5
9. “Besides the physical ordinance of baptism and the laying on of hands, one must be spiritually born again to gain exaltation and eternal life.” – Ezra Taft Benson
10. “When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: ‘You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.’” – Luke 3:21-22
Baptism Quotes To Bring You Closer To God
11. “Jesus made saving repentance possible, and He made baptism meaningful.” ― John H. Groberg
12. “Baptism is bowing before the Father and letting him do his work.” ― Max Lucado
13. “We are called to live our baptism every day, as new creatures, clothed in Christ.” ― Pope Francis
14. “Lent is a time of grace, a time to convert and live out our baptism fully.” ― Pope Francis
15. “Baptism is bowing before the Father and letting Him do his work.” ― Max Lucado
16. “Baptism is the initial step of a faithful heart.” ― Max Lucado
17. “By Baptism we are made flesh of the Crucified.” ― Pope Leo I
18. “That is the best baptism that leaves the man cleanest inside.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
19. “Baptism of holy spirit is the necessity of a new birth.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
20. “Baptism in the Holy Spirit belongs to them that believe and are not of this world.” ― Sunday Adelaja
What did you learn from these baptism quotes?
Hope these baptism quotes enlightened you on what baptism is if you’re unfamiliar with this rite.
If you want more background information on baptism, this history of baptism will tell you more.
You can also talk to your church leader or if you don’t currently attend a church, you can reach out to a pastor of a local church in your area.
If you’ve already been baptized then you can use these scriptures and quotes as comfort and direction for your own life or to help others as well.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these uplifting baptism quotes?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.