If you don’t know Jesus, the Son of God, these Jesus quotes below will help give you a picture of who he is.
We probably all know the saying that “nothing is free”, but that is not true. The message from the Bible shares that Jesus has offered up an opportunity for us to experience eternal life through him.
Jesus’ words and Bible verses provide hope, comfort, and encouragement that’s available to everyone. They also provide insight on how we are to live life and treat one another.
Enjoy some quotes by and about Jesus below to get to know more about him.
Don’t forget to also check out these bible quotes to spread the faith.
People Talking About Jesus Quotes
1. “Money can come and go, and fame comes and goes. The bottom line is, we all die, so Jesus is the answer.” – Phil Robertson
2. “I’m not the King. Jesus Christ is the King. I’m just an entertainer.” – Elvis Presley
3. “Jesus is the inspiration for anyone to go the distance.” – Sylvester Stallone
4. “I’m not the first person to sing about God, Jesus, or faith, and I won’t be the last. And it won’t be the last for me either. If you don’t like it, change the channel.” – Carrie Underwood
5. “I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, and rose again, that’s my belief.” – Sherri Shepherd
6. “When I found Jesus Christ, I learned to be a better athlete. I didn’t have to go out there and knock them out in the first round. I’ve learned to be patient, skillful in the ring. At the same time, I wanted to prove to other boxers that you can take off this killer instinct stuff, you can be a great athlete, a great boxer, and love your brother.” – George Foreman
7. “Best move I’ve ever made… Developed a deep relationship with Jesus Christ.” – Rev. Run
8. “The gospel is not a debate or a list of things to believe. The gospel is a person. Jesus Christ is the gospel. He is the truth. He is the point. He embodies all of the salvation/redemption/forgiveness/freedom stuff Himself, and because He is a personality, He does not require doctrinal mastery to connect with an individual.” – Carl Medearis
9. “I’ve gotten the opportunity with my journey to just see a God who accepts me… loves me. They call Him the Savior and I believe that to be true. Jesus saved me.” – Justin Bieber
10. “Now I’m letting you know what Jesus has done for me and in that, I’m no longer a slave. I’m a son now, a son of God- I’m free.” – Kanye West
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of God quotes that will help you find direction and purpose.
Loving Jesus Quotes From The Bible
11. “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” – John 13:34 NIV
12. “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
13. “I have loved you with an everlasting love.” – Jeremiah 31:3
14. “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” – 1 John 3:16-18
Comforting Jesus Quotes
15. “Jesus replied, ‘You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.’” – John 13:7
16. Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” – John 4: 13-14
17. “I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” – Psalm 34:4
18. “‘For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’.” – Jeremiah 29:11
19. “Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”” – Mark 12:29-31
Jesus Quotes About Love
20. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us” – Augustine
21. “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
22. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
23. “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” – John 13:35
24. “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.” – John 4:7
25. “Jesus loved people others rejected-even people who rejected him. This is how God loves.” – Gregory A. Boyd
26. “God is love. He loves us and He pursues us with that love. And when I experienced His love, I was able to share that love with others. I appreciate the love God has for me.” – Jeanette Duby
27. “By the time kids are five I want them to know three things – God made me. God loves me. Jesus wants to be my friend forever.” – Carey Nieuwhof
28. “God, in his infinite wisdom understands, loves, and cares for all of us.” – Oliver Powell
29. “How great is God’s love for us that He sent His only son Jesus, to pay for the sins of mankind, he came to save us all, and paid a heavy price with your precious blood.” – Alberlin Torres
30. “As a teenager I heard the gospel – that God loved me, He had a plan for my life, and I needed to ask forgiveness for my sins to receive Christ into my heart and experience eternal life. I did just that, and my whole world changed when I became a follower of Jesus.” – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
31. “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.” – Luke 6:27-28
Jesus Quotes About Being Saved
32. “Well, first of all if it wasn’t for being saved by Jesus, I would not be alive. I would be dead. Some people say Jesus saved their soul… Well, maybe Jesus saved my soul spiritually, but He also saved my life physically. Every aspect of my life today has to do with the fact that Jesus saved my life.” – Lacey Mosley
33. “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved.” – Romans 10:9
34. “So they said, ‘Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household.” – Acts 16:31
35. “And He said to the woman, ‘Your faith has saved you; go in peace.’” – Luke 7:50
Jesus Quotes About Forgiveness
36. “Jesus died so we humans can find mercy and forgiveness.” – Lee Summer
37. “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins your Father will not forgive your sins.” – Matthew 6:14-15
38. “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” – Ephesians 1:7
39. “The Lord is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.” – Daniel 9:9
40. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” – Jeremiah 31:34
41. “Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.'” – Matthew 18: 21-22
42. “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” – Colossians 3:13
43. “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” – Mark 11:25
44. “I try to be a good person. I love Jesus.” – Kelsea Ballerini
45. “My life and my whole eternity belongs to God. All this stuff is temporary. Money, fame, success… temporary. Even life is temporary. Jesus… that’s eternal.” – Willie Robertson
46. “I don’t live for the world. I live for the King.” – NF
47. “Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.” – Revelation 1:5 NKJV
48. “Jesus, the name above every name.” – Philippians 2:9
49. “When Jesus hung on the cross he took all your mistakes, all your failures, all your weaknesses, and he forgave them.” – Joel Osteen
50. “We must not sit still and look for miracles; up and doing, and the Lord will be with thee. Prayer and pains, through faith in Jesus Christ, will do anything.” – George Eliot
Other inspirational Jesus quotes
51. “The moment God is figured out with nice neat lines and definitions, we are no longer dealing with God.” – Rob Bell
52. “Anything under God’s control is never out of control.” – Charles Swindoll
53. “Spending time with God is the key to our strength and success in all areas of life. Be sure that you never try to work God into your schedule, but always work your schedule around Him.” – Joyce Meyer
54. “Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.” – Lenny Bruce
55. “For me the most radical demand of Christian faith lies in summoning the courage to say yes to the present risenness of Jesus Christ.” – Brennan Manning
56. “The reality of loving God is loving him like he’s a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.” – Criss Jami
57. “If God were our one and only desire we would not be so easily upset when our opinions do not find outside acceptance.” – Thomas à Kempis
58. “Lukewarm living and claiming Christ’s name simultaneously is utterly disgusting to God.” – Francis Chan
59. “Some of the most beautiful things worth having in your life come wrapped in a crown of thorns.” – Shannon L. Alder
60. “Christ went more willingly to the cross than we do to the throne of grace.” – Thomas Watson
Which of these Jesus quotes resonated with you best?
You can see through the quotes above that when you think of Jesus, you should think of love. Jesus was and is all about love and would like for us to be the same. One thing that is continually true in life is that this world is a better place when we just choose to love each other like Jesus loves us.
If the quotes piqued your interest in Jesus you can find much more information about him in the Bible. If the quotes have inspired you to choose to do as Jesus suggests and choose to love and forgive, you will enjoy your life more than you ever had!
Which of these Jesus quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational to add? Let us in the comment section below.
February 25, 2021 6:00 AM EST