TD Jakes is a man who is filled with compassion and a desire to motivate others, and uses his powerful voice to spread the word of god and uplift others. Don’t let the megachurch fool you, this wonderful man is humble and a true servant for the people he lives to inspire.
Looking for inspirational TD Jakes quotes about living your best life? Enjoy!
Thomas Dexter Jakes, often referred to as TD Jakes is a famous evangelical pastor. He preaches at a mega-church called The Potter’s House which has over 30,000 members. He’s a compassionate person that has influenced millions of people.
He has been awarded multitudes of honorary degrees and awards, been featured on the cover of Time magazine, and even won a Grammy award for his album Live At The Potter’s House.
Since TD Jakes was a young boy he was enthralled with religion. He briefly attended West Virginia State University before dropping out and focusing on preaching part-time. Eventually, he got a full-time job preaching at a church, and during this time he married his wife, Sarita Jamison. While preaching full-time, he decided to go back to a university to get his education. He received a Masters from Friends University.
TD Jakes also recognizes that men need some individualized help so he created the group “manpower”. Throughout this time, TD Jakes and his family moved to multiple states and kept growing their congregation wherever they went.
He became so popular and influential that he was given a weekly TV and radio show called Get Ready. His influence even extended into politics. He joined Pres. George W. Bush in providing relief to those suffering from Hurricane Katrina. The president was extremely impressed with the man. He wrote in his book that he was a perfect example of “putting faith into action.” TD Jakes also led the early morning prayer service for Pres. Barack Obama.
TD Jakes has published multitudes of great books that have helped thousands of people to find peace and happiness in their life. It’s unsurprising that many people read and cherish TD Jakes quotes. They provide wisdom for living a better life and connecting with God.
Enjoy some of our favorite TD Jakes quotes!
Also check out these Rick Warren quotes for living a better life.
TD Jakes Quotes on Life, Faith and Love
1. “A setback is a setup for a comeback!” – TD Jakes
2. “Each day is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to Him.” – TD Jakes
3. “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” – TD Jakes
4. “Never make a permanent decision about a temporary situation.” – TD Jakes
5. “Blame unto others only as you would first blame yourself.” – TD Jakes
6. “We are the people that we have been waiting for and no one else is coming.” – TD Jakes
7. “You cannot be a Big person with a Small heart” – TD Jakes
8. “The art of avoiding extremes is an art that is drawn on the canvas of maturity and painted with the abstract strokes of many experiences.” – TD Jakes
9. “Others can inspire you, but ultimately the only thing that empowers you is what lies within you and learning how to better utilize what you’ve been given.” – TD Jakes
10. “When you hold on to your history you do it at the expense of your destiny.” – TD Jakes
TD Jakes Quotes to inspire and teach
11. “One of the great healing balms of the Holy Spirit is forgiveness. To forgive is to break the link between you and your past.” – TD Jakes
12. “If someone must be hurt, if it ever becomes necessary to bear pains, weather strong winds, or withstand trials or opposition, let it be adults and not children.” – TD Jakes
13. “A church that focuses on the external has lost its passion for souls.” – TD Jakes
14. “Think about it this way: if you are too predictable in any area of your life, you may be paving the way to your own extinction!” – TD Jakes
15. “Instincts under pressure crush the carbon of conformity and create diamonds. Each new season of life offers to train us for the next season if we pay attention and adapt.” – TD Jakes
16. “Faith is the substance of whatever it is that we hope for. The important thing is that we teach that faith is connected to good works and responsibility.” – TD Jakes
17. “Both success and struggle are different kinds of trauma.” – TD Jakes
18. “There may come a time when you can’t save the relationship, but you must save yourself.” – TD Jakes
19. “Once you have confidence in your instincts, you must never allow other people’s refusal to believe, or their data to refute, what you instinctively know is true.” – TD Jakes
20. “Face the giants in your life, slay them, and move on. Do not be daunted by the mistakes and failures in your life.” – TD Jakes
TD Jakes quotes that are full of life lessons
21. “How you think about your opportunities determines how you will act on them.” – TD Jakes
22. “Success is not success without a successor.” – TD Jakes
23. “Eagles fly where lesser birds cannot fly, so eagles can do what lesser birds cannot do.” – TD Jakes
24. “When you leave the familiar and enter the unknown, your fear becomes refined by experience and hammered into tools of survival on the anvil of anxiety.” – TD Jakes
25. “When there’s no turning back, your instincts will lead you forward.” – TD Jakes
26. “It’s better to gather in righteousness than fellowship with darkness.” – TD Jakes
27. “You can’t be who you’re going to be and who you used to be at the same time.” – TD Jakes
28. “No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isn’t in submission to God!”― TD Jakes
29. “Its not over, until the Lord says its over.”― T.D. Jakes
30. “God has invested entirely too much in you for you to be comfortable in anything less than you were created to be.”― T.D. Jakes
TD Jakes Quotes that will make your day
31. “To be unforgiving is like to drink poison and wait for someone else to die!!” – T.D. Jakes
32. “You’d be surprised at the things that look great on the outside but are dysfunctional on the inside. Be sure to function as good as you look.”― T.D. Jakes
33. “Destiny is not for comfort seekers. Destiny is for the daring and determined who are willing to endure some discomfort, delay gratification, and go where Destiny leads.”― T.D. Jakes
34. “Could it be that we allow the conditions in our lives to distract us from the meaning of our lives?”― T.D. Jakes
35. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”― T.D. Jakes
36. “It is important to remember that for every person, there will be a problem. Even more importantly, for every problem, our God has a prescription!”― T.D. Jakes
37. “As you assess your current location and motivation for being an entrepreneur, do not be discouraged by the size or number of obstacles in your path. If you can catch a vision for it then God can do it!”― T.D. Jakes
38. “When you’re in trouble, God will reach into the mess and pull you out.”― T.D. Jakes
39. “My greatest fear is not living before I die, to play everything so safe that even though I had no risk I also enjoyed no reward.”― T.D. Jakes
40. “Fear teaches you to be cautious, careful, and conscientious. It also forces you to be creative, compassionate, and calculating.”― T.D. Jakes
TD Jakes Quotes that are full of wisdom
41. “Progress apart from purpose ends in arrogance.” ― T.D. Jakes
42. “Share your dream with people who want you to succeed.”― T.D. Jakes
43. “When you live your own dream, you don’t have time to be a hater.” ― T.D. Jakes
44. “If you stick your head in the sand and ignore things that you have the power to change, you can’t blame anyone when they don’t turn out right!”― T.D. Jakes
45. “But you cannot go through the Door of Destiny without passing through the Hall of Haters.” ― T.D. Jakes
46. “Be strong enough to stand up again, even after haters make you drop to your knees.” ― T.D. Jakes
47. “To fulfill your purpose, you must first know and celebrate your identity!” ― T.D. Jakes
48. “Often after years of deep investment into others we are shocked and disappointed that they simply didn’t get who we really are.” ― T.D. Jakes
49. “Routine is the enemy of instinct……It’s better to change and fail than to settle.” ―T.D. Jakes
50. “Renew your mind get rid of limiting beliefs.” ― T.D. Jakes