Fans of the British series will enjoy these Tommy Shelby quotes.
Tommy Shelby is the main character of the British television series Peaky Blinders.
During the series, Tommy transforms from a ruthless gangster to a compassionate character that wants to make amends for his wrongdoings and help the people of the community.
As you will see, Tommy shows us that it’s never too late to change your life for the better and help the people you care about.
Tell us your favorite Tommy Shelby quote in the comment section.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
Why should you read Tommy Shelby quotes?
Tommy Shelby is a man that seeks redemption for his mistakes, which is something a lot of us can relate to.
He is the leader of the Peaky Blinders gang, a violent criminal organization in Birmingham, England.
Initially, Tommy is a cold, calculating, and ruthless criminal who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
He participates in:
And a host of other illegal activities.
He really starts off as a pretty bad guy.
But as the series progresses, he becomes increasingly introspective and conflicted.
Tommy struggles to reconcile his ambitions with his sense of morality and responsibility.
A new love interest and the complications of doing other people’s bidding cause Tommy to really stop and think about how his actions have harmed his family and community.
Ultimately, Tommy decides he wants to leave a legacy of good and figures out how to come to terms with his past and move forward in a meaningful way.
He begins to do good things in the community and uses his power and influence for the betterment of others.
He even runs for political office in order to create even more positive change in the neighborhoods that he once violently controlled.
Tommy Shelby sets the example that anyone, even hardened criminals, can change for the better.
We hope you enjoy reading these Tommy Shelby quotes!
Tommy Shelby quotes on life
These quotes show Tommy’s thoughts on life.
1. “Lies travel faster than the truth.” — Tommy Shelby
2. “A good man needs to hold out sometimes.” — Tommy Shelby
3. “Life’s not about fairness. It’s about survival.” — Tommy Shelby
4. “You have to get what you want your own way.” — Tommy Shelby
5. “You can change what you do, but you can’t change what you want.” — Tommy Shelby
Tommy Shelby quotes on love, trust, and loyalty
Learn about what the character thinks about relationships and trust in the following quotes.
6. “I learnt long ago to hate my enemies, but I’ve never loved one before.” — Tommy Shelby
7. “You can’t trust anyone in this world. The only person you can rely on is yourself.” — Tommy Shelby
8.“I don’t believe in love. It’s just a weakness that people use to justify their own mistakes.” — Tommy Shelby
9. “Love is a dangerous thing. It can make a man do things he never would have dreamed of.” — Tommy Shelby
10. “There’s no such thing as loyalty. It’s just a word people use to make themselves feel better.” — Tommy Shelby
Wise Tommy Shelby quotes
More wisdom from the character.
11.“All religion is a foolish answer to a foolish question.” — Tommy Shelby
12. “When you plan something well, there’s no need to rush.” — Tommy Shelby
13. “Whiskey is good proofing water. It tells you who’s real and who isn’t.” — Tommy Shelby
14. “The only way to guarantee peace is by making the prospect of war seem hopeless.” — Tommy Shelby
15. “Fortune drops something valuable into your lap; you don’t just dump it on the bank of the cut.” — Tommy Shelby
Best Tommy Shelby quotes
Here are some popular quotes from Tommy Shelby.
16. “Good taste is for people who can’t afford sapphires.” — Tommy Shelby
17. “You know, gentlemen, there is hell, and there is another place below hell.” — Tommy Shelby
18. “I’m not a traitor to my class. I am just an extreme example of what a working man can achieve.” — Tommy Shelby
19. “Those of you who are last will soon be first. And those of you who are downtrodden will rise up.” — Tommy Shelby
20. “One minute of everything at once. And anything before is nothing. Everything after, nothing. Nothing in comparison to that one minute.” — Tommy Shelby
Tommy Shelby quotes about death
These quotes share the character’s feelings and thoughts on dying and death.
21. “I’m not afraid to die. I’m afraid of living a life that doesn’t matter.” — Tommy Shelby
22. “In France, I got used to seeing men die. I never got used to seeing horses die.” — Tommy Shelby
23. “Today, it will be me dead or you. But whoever it is, he’ll wake up in hell tomorrow.” — Tommy Shelby
24. “I have made arrangements with men I trust. If I should die, then you will die, know that.” — Tommy Shelby
25. “I can charm dogs. Gypsy witchcraft. And those I can’t charm, I can kill with my own hands.” — Tommy Shelby
Tommy gets help to change
Shelby is a hardened criminal with deep emotional wounds, so making a major life transformation wasn’t something he could do all on his own.
Luckily, Tommy realizes that he wants to change but will need help to make it happen, so he seeks professional help.
First, he decides to see a therapist to deal with the trauma and mental health issues he has experienced for years.
Initially, he resists therapy but eventually begins to open up to his therapist and starts to work through his emotional pain.
Next, Tommy hires a lawyer that ends up challenging him to think about the consequences of his actions, and he experiences tremendous growth from this.
Finally, Tommy hires a political advisor named Gina Gray to help him run for political office.
Gina helps Tommy see what it takes to be a successful politician so he can affect change the way he wants to in his community.
We can all take a lesson from Tommy that even if it hurts your pride, it’s always good to ask for help when you need it.
Tell us your favorite Tommy Shelby quote in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed reading these quotes from Tommy Shelby, share them with others by clicking the Share button now!