If you are looking for interesting blanket quotes or want to know more about the history of blankets, look no further.
Blankets are an essential part of life on Earth.
Find out more about the overlooked history of this often taken-for-granted fabric with our blanket quotes.
You might also like these related articles:
What is a blanket?
A blanket is any form of soft material or cloth large enough to cover a person’s body and thick enough to trap body heat.
Check out these quick blanket facts below:
- Humans have made blankets from various materials over time.
- Some attribute the modern name blanket to Flemish weaver Thomas Blanket.
- Others say the term popular today comes from the fabric blanke, or woolen weave.
Where do blankets come from?
It is difficult to trace the history of certain things.
We can look to recorded history for factual examples of blanket usage, but it seems pretty safe to say human beings have been using blankets since the dawn of time.
Blankets are essential to staying warm and protecting against elements and wildlife.
There are records from the 7th century of Asian travelers going from Inda and China who list blankets in their travelogs.
Ancient humans made blankets from both flora and fauna.
Animal skin and plant life can be used to create blankets that keep people warm and protect them from the elements.
What is a security blanket?
When we are babies, we naturally attach ourselves to things that bring comfort.
We reach out to our parents and enjoy the comfort of being held because it reduces stress and anxiety.
Security objects, also known as lovey objects, are things we grow attached to that bring comfort.
Security objects such as blankets, toys, stuffed animals, or other things bring familiarity to us as children and help us navigate the world.
As we mature, we may hold on to some of these traits.
Even in adulthood, humans still hold on to things that bring comfort and reduce stress.
These items, activities, substances, or ideas can all be considered security blankets as they keep us calm.
Security blankets can give us the confidence or strength to overcome challenges, but learning how to navigate difficulties without external attachments is also healthy.
To learn more, check out our blanket quotes below.
Short security blanket quotes about finding peace
People use many things for security blankets, including actual blankets. Check out these short blanket quotes that focus on security.
1. “Tights are my safety blanket.” — Zooey Deschanel
2. “Music is like my security blanket.” — Yoko Ono
3. “Long hair is a security blanket for me.” — Alanis Morissette
4. “That’s my security blanket. I can DJ in my sleep.” — Mayer Hawthorne
5. “Be someone’s security blanket when theirs is in the wash.” — Richelle E. Goodrich, Making Wishes
6. “I love white shirts because they feel like a security blanket.” — Carolina Herrera
7. “Clothing & fashion are kind of my security blanket, almost.” — Billie Eilish
8. “Often, equipment can as easily function as a security blanket for musicians.” — Jon Landau
9. “You became my security blanket until I lost you and learned not to need you.” ― Lidia Longorio, Hey Humanity
10. “The best security blanket a child can have is parents who respect each other.” — Jan Blaustone
The top blanket quotes about coverage
11. “I can’t sit on grass without a blanket.” — Tia Carrere
12. “If I had a comfort blanket, I wouldn’t have been as passionate and driven.” — Rob James-Collier
13. “Well, I have no problem with 3-D, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a blanket requirement for every film.” — Andrew Stanton
14. “I keep it long because I love the way it feels, part cloak, part fan, part mane, part security blanket.” — Marge Piercy
15. “Evil is quite a blanket term. People aren’t the demonic characters we would like them to be sometimes.” — David Morrissey
16. “I have to say that anger is the blanket that comes around me, and that blunts and blurs my sense of proportion.” — Pete Townshend
17. “I think the Supreme Court does have the authority, which is not used, to declare a blanket right for all people, all adults.” — Jack Kevorkian
18. “Building a little bonfire at night on the beach and lying on a blanket with my wife under the stars is not only sexy, it’s romantic.” — Benjamin Bratt
19. “One of the best gifts you can give to an animal is a donation of a blanket to your local animal shelter during the winter months.” — Carrie Ann Inaba
20. “I did say that in-group, authority and purity are necessary for the maintenance of order, but I would never give them a blanket endorsement.” — Jonathan Haidt
The best blanket quotes about keeping cozy and staying safe
Safety is a concern that links everyone.
21. “I sleep with my baby blanket, Kiki, that my nana made for me.” — Rob Kardashian
22. “Wanted: a needle swift enough to sew this poem into a blanket.” — Charles Simic
23. “Adding CO2 to the air is like throwing another blanket on the bed.” — James Hansen
24. “I always take a cashmere blanket, and I have pictures of my family in my passport holder.” — Kate Moss
25. “That nice, soft pillow and the warm blanket, and it’s all comfortable, and no one wants to leave that comfort.” — Jocko Willink
26. “The abilities of man must fall short on one side or the other, like too scanty a blanket when you are abed.” — Thomas Paine
27. “In digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous?” — Al Gore
28. “For me, there’s nothing better than curling up in my favorite blanket on a cloudy or rainy day and just knit. Especially in front of the fireplace.” — Magdalena Neuner
29. “I have known mothers who remake the bed after their children do it because there is wrinkle in the spread or the blanket is on crooked. This is sick.” — Erma Bombeck
30. “When you go to jail, there’s so much simple stuff missing. You just want some good toilet paper or a real toothbrush, a real blanket, and a real bed to lay in.” — Ja Rule
Blanket quotes and sayings about life
Check out these interesting blanket quotes.
31. “It’s all about the blanket.” — Kate Moss
32. “America is not a blanket woven from one thread, one color, one cloth.” — Jesse Jackson
33. “Blanket, pillow, and red wine. You should always be asleep on a plane.” — Kate Moss
34. “I’m lying in my bed, blanket is warm, this body will never keep me safe from harm.” — Jeff Buckley
35. “I know what it’s like to fight against the crowd from when I went to Denmark to fight” — Mikkel Kessler
36. “A fine memoir is to a fine novel as a well-wrought blanket is to a fancifully embroidered patchwork quilt.” — Julia Glass
37. “Blanket objection is not very reasonable to me – any effort to control scientific advances is doomed to fail.” — Joseph Murray
38. “Identity was just a box people liked to put themselves in, a mast to tether to in a storm, a security blanket.” — Leonardo Donofrio, Old Country
39. “I reached for sleep and drew it round me like a blanket muffling pain and thought together in the merciful dark.” — Mary Stewart
40. “We took a big blanket and put it in the backyard and said, ‘Let’s go out on our back and look at the sky and call it sky television.’ We saw all kinds of things.” — Clyde Edgerton
Famous blanket quotes to live by
Let’s close out with these quotes about blankets.
41. “I’m at every game, every practice, sitting on my blanket. I love it.” — Pamela Anderson
42. “Then a blanket of silence covered up the crack in our certainty of safety.” — Rene Girard
43. “He’s like David Beckham over there. He gets blanket coverage in the papers all week.” — Carl Froch
44. “When I go away to do a movie, I bring the blanket I’ve had since I was a little girl.” — Kirsten Dunst
45. “The real damper on employee engagement is the soggy, cold blanket of centralized authority.” — Gary Hamel
46. “I wanted this album to sound like a big crocheted blanket – to be warm yet to have a lot of space.” — Deana Carter
47. “I write about moments, and I don’t make blanket statements about anything because no one has all the answers.” — Brian McKnight
48. “Whenever you take a nap, take your clothes off and put a blanket over you, and you’re going to sleep better.” — Philip Roth
49. “The blanket assertion that corporations are people obfuscates the complex issues at play in the changing business world. Corporation are institutions. People are people.” — Don Tapscott
50. “I have always wanted to act ever since I was a little girl. I would put a blanket under my shirt and pretend that I was pregnant. Then, I would go through childbirth.” — Dakota Fanning
Let’s show gratitude for our blankets
We live in an age of wonder and technology.
However, plenty of people still go to bed without blankets to keep them warm.
Blankets are objects we take for granted until we do not have one.
This is what makes gratitude so powerful.
What are some overlooked things you are grateful for?
Do you have any other favorite blanket quotes and sayings to add?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.