From the moment she stepped onto the scene, Billie Eilish cemented herself as a pop culture icon. She is a teenager who marches to the beat of her own drum, and Billie has garnered attention from people worldwide for her ability to stay true to her most authentic self. Want to channel your inner badass? Allow these Billie Eilish quotes to inspire you to embrace your most authentic self and have fun in the process.
Born Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell on December 18, 2001, Billie began singing at a very young age. A Los Angeles native, Billie gained popularity after the release of her first single “Ocean Eyes” in 2016. Billie might be young, but her words and her lyrics are ageless.
Many people are aware of her lyrics, but there are several awesome Billie Eilish quotes from this singer who is surely here to stay.
For even more inspiration, don’t forget to also check out our collection of badass quotes that will jolt your motivation levels.
Here we’ve rounded up for you the best Billie Eilish quotes and lyrics to inspire you. Enjoy!
1. “Words are more powerful than some noises. Noises won’t last long. Lyrics are so important, and people don’t realise that.” — Billie Eilish
2. “Sometimes it’s flattering when people copy you, but sometimes it gets to a breaking point.” — Billie Eilish
3. “I like to be in control of how I look and how I feel and how I act.” — Billie Eilish
4. “There are alway going to be bad things. But you can write it down and make a song out of it.” — Billie Eilish
5. “I really wanted to be a model when I was little. I loved photography, and I loved being on camera. But I was short and chubby, so I couldn’t. Anyway, being an artist is way more interesting than just being a model because it’s about you and what you want to be. You’re not being treated like a clothes hanger.” — Billie Eilish
6. “In the public eye, girls and women with strong perspectives are hated. If you’re a girl with an opinion, people just hate you. There are still people who are afraid of successful women, and that’s so lame.” — Billie Eilish
7. “Sometimes it’s flattering when people copy you, but sometimes it gets to a breaking point.” — Billie Eilish
8. “I’ve always done whatever I want and always been exactly who I am.” — Billie Eilish
9. “I’m not going to say I’m cool, because I don’t really feel that. I just don’t care at all, and I guess that’s what people think is cool.” — Billie Eilish
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
10. “I feel like I write so that people can think of it as theirs. If my song is exactly about your life right now, then it is. I don’t even want to say that it’s mine, because it’s yours.” — Billie Eilish
Billie Eilish quotes to inspire you to embrace your most authentic self
11. “Call me friend, but keep me closer.” — Billie Eilish
12. “Isn’t it lovely, all alone? Heart made of glass, my mind of stone. ” – “Lovely”, Billie Eilish ft. Khalid
13. “If I love you was a promise, would you break it if you’re honest?” — Billie Eilish
14. “My brother had written ‘Ocean Eyes,’ and we recorded it, basing all of the production around contemporary and lyrical dance. I think of most songs that way – if you can’t dance to a song, it’s not a song.” — Billie Eilish
15. “I love to watch videos, and I’ve always liked to film and take pictures. I have an eye for really weird things that nobody thinks about. I used to make little movies about myself and then edit them on iMovie.” — Billie Eilish
16. “I listen to music all day every day. I can’t not listen to music. It’s kind of scary how much I listen to music, but it’s what I love, and it’s all I care about, so I’m good with it.” — Billie Eilish
17. “I go through a lot of depression, and I know other people do, too, but I have an outlet that so many people don’t. If you have that inside of you and can’t get it out, what do you do?” — Billie Eilish
18. “I don’t see myself as a pop artist. Like, when you hear ‘pop,’ you’re like, ‘Oh, bubblegum, jumpy little girly stuff,’ and I feel like, ‘Uh-uh. That’s not me.'” — Billie Eilish
19. “If you write in the same way over and over again, like, in the same place with the same techniques and with the same people, you’re sort of writing the same song over and over again.” — Billie Eilish
20. “Writing a song is so personal. You have to have trust in someone you’re working with; otherwise, you’re not gonna come out with something that’s really you.” — Billie Eilish
Also read these song quotes from the biggest hits of 2019.
Billie Eilish quotes that will make your day
22. “Time is kind of an amazing thing because you can do so much with it. I think people underestimate time… I don’t want to just sit on my phone for hours.” — Billie Eilish
23. “I just wish you could feel what you say.” — Billie Eilish
24. “I lost myself again, but I remember you.” — Billie Eilish
25. “I don’t belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name.” —Billie Eilish
26. “What makes a song last is real content from a mind that is thinking a little bit harder about certain things. A lot of artists don’t really think that hard.” — Billie Eilish
27. “I don’t know how to function without music. When I’m not making it, I’m listening to it. It gives me courage and takes care of my mind.” — Billie Eilish
28. “Getting recognized is insane. It just blows my mind. Like, someone who you don’t know at all can just be like, ‘Oh my God – are you Billie?'” — Billie Eilish
29. “If I’m inspired to make a certain kind of song, I’m going to make that kind of song, no matter if it’s what they know me as or think I am.” — Billie Eilish
30. “People think you have to go through something to write about it, and you absolutely do not. You can write about, like, a shoe. It’s a story.” — Billie Eilish
Thought-provoking Billie Eilish quotes
31. “Words are more powerful than some noises. Noises won’t last long. Lyrics are so important, and people don’t realise that.” — Billie Eilish
32. “I’m gonna make what I want to make, and other people are gonna like what they’re gonna like. It doesn’t really matter.” — Billie Eilish
33. “I don’t really get nervous that much, or if I do, only I know. It’s all inside me. I am good at hiding everything.” — Billie Eilish
34. “Pretty much my whole life, I’ve been a performer and have loved singing and writing songs in my room for my own ears.” — Billie Eilish
35. “People have so much going on in their heads. I’m like, If you could write a song, you’d feel so much better!” — Billie Eilish
36. “I’ve always been a singer. I never really decided I was gonna be a singer. It just kind of – I just sung a lot.” — Billie Eilish
37. “You can write a song about being in love with someone, but you don’t have to be in love with anyone.” — Billie Eilish
38. “It’s really fun to put yourself into a character – into shoes you wouldn’t normally be in.” — Billie Eilish
39. “I play piano and ukulele, and I taught myself those things just because I wanted to play them.” — Billie Eilish
40. “I’ve always liked being busy. If I have nothing to do for a week, it just makes me mad.” — Billie Eilish
You might also like these Megan Thee Stallion quotes and lyrics to inspire your hot girl.
More Billie Eilish quotes and lyrics to inspire you
41. “It’s rare for anyone to value the opinions of a teenage girl.” — Billie Eilish
42. “Clothing & fashion are kind of my security blanket, almost.” — Billie Eilish
43. “Lyrics are so important, but they’re really underrated.” — Billie Eilish
44. “I don’t think a song should be put in a category.” — Billie Eilish
45. “I never thought a career as a musician was possible.” — Billie Eilish
46. “When I write, I try to become different characters.“ — Billie Eilish
47. “People are terrified of me, and I want them to be.” — Billie Eilish
48. “I felt like, for so many years – and I still even feel it – as a girl, you can’t really expect to go on stage and dress like a boy and jump around and scream with the audience and mosh and stuff, and every time that happens, I feel really proud.” — Billie Eilish
49. “I don’t even call them fans. I don’t like that. They’re literally just a part of my life; they’re a part of my family. I don’t think of them as on a lower level than me. I don’t think I’m anything but equal to all of them. So yeah, they’re basically all of my siblings.” — Billie Eilish
50. “Nothing really scares me, to be honest.” — Billie Eilish
Which one of these Billie Eilish quotes was your favorite? Leave us a comment and share with us.
And if you know anyone else who can tap into their Everyday Power by reading these badass Billie Eilish quotes and lyrics, share this article with them to help them get inspired to rock on!
December 9, 2019 7:36 AM EST