There are not enough good things that can be said about dogs, after all, they are man’s best friend. However, the owners of German Shepherds can seem a bit intense with their love for the breed. You can see that blind devotion in these German Shepherd quotes!
The loyalty and love seem to go both ways! This hard-working breed has been the second most popular breed among dog owners for over a decade now.
According to the American Kennel Club, German Shepherds are known for their intelligence. They can learn new behaviors with only a few repetitions. Their desire to work and cooperate with their humans is legendary.
They make excellent watchdogs or guardians because they confidently stand their ground and protect the pack. German Shepherd owners are also rarely lonely, as this breed craves companionship, affection, and frequent exercise.
Keep reading through these German Shepherd quotes to find out more about this amazing breed!
Don’t forget to also check out these dog quotes about man’s best friend to inspire you.
Best German Shepherds quotes that prove they are smart, loyal, and protective
1. “My German Shepherd can run 40 yards in 4 seconds. Want to try your luck?” ― Unknown
2. “My best friend has fur, paws, and 42 sharp/scary teeth. What’s your next move?” ― Unknown
3. “Why spend $5000 on a home security system when I’ve already got a German Shepherd” ― Unknown
4. “My German Shepherd knows 10 different commands and sits when she’s told to. You can’t manage to put the seat down after you’ve gone to pee. Go figure.” ― Unknown
5. “I am your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are my life, my leader. I will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of my heart. I am the German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
6. “When I look at my German Shepherd, I don’t see a dog. I see a friend, a family member, a protector.” ― Unknown
German Shepherd quotes proving they can be man’s best friend
7. “Who needs a best friend when you’ve got a German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
8. “German Shepherds are where the heart is.” ― Unknown
9. “My German Shepherd makes me happy, even if boys don’t.” ― Unknown
10. “The more I get to know my workmates, the more I get to love my German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
11. “All you need is love…and a German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
12. “A German Shepherd is one of the only dogs in the world that loves you more than you love yourself.” ― Unknown
13. “My German Shepherd makes everything better.” ― Unknown
14. “To you, your German Shepherd might just be your dog, to your German Shepherd, your German Shepherd you are everything.” ― Unknown
15. “If people had hearts like German Shepherds, the world would be full of love, loyalty, and head tilting….lots of head tilting.” ― Unknown
16. “Not every human knows how to love a German Shepherd, but every German Shepherd knows how to love a human.” ― Unknown
Funny German Shepherd quotes that will make you giggle
17. “German Shepherd…more like German Shedder.” ― Unknown
18. “German Shepherds have two shedding frequencies—1. always, and 2. a little bit more than always.” ― Unknown
19. “GSD—Great Shedding Dog.” ― Unknown
20. “My German Shepherd reminds me of me a little bit… he/she has a strong sense of self, and an in-built bullsh*t detector.” ― Unknown
21. “Never trust anyone that doesn’t like your German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
22. “Always be yourself…unless you can be a German Shepherd…always be a German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
23. “Whoever said Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, clearly never owned a German Shepherd.”
24. “What did humans do to deserve German Shepherds?” ― Unknown
25. “The only thing better than coffee is my German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
26. “STRANGER: How many kids do you have? ME: 3 including the one with big ears that sheds all the time.” ― Unknown
27. “My German Shepherd does this amazing thing where he just exists and makes my whole life better for it.” ― Unknown
German Shepherd Dog quotes by celebrities
28. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” ― Johnny Depp
29. “A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?” ― John Grogan
30. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” ― Ben Williams
31. “I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.” ― Cesar Millan
32. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” ― Charles M. Schulz
33. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” ― Mark Twain
34. “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.” ― Emily Dickinson
35. “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
36. “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.” ― Sigmund Freud
37. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” ― M.K. Clinton
38. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” ― Dean Koontz
39. “There are three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.” ― Benjamin Franklin
40. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” ― Will Rogers
Which of these German Shepherd quotes is your favorite?
They aren’t just a smart and loyal breed; they are also mouthy and nosey! German Shepherds use their incredible sense of smell to sniff everything. When it comes to dog breeds, they rank among the top for scent ability. This is one reason they make great police dogs. They also use their noses to herd their owners around.
German Shepherds also like to ‘mouth’ their owners. They will grab you by the arm and try to pull you around. You probably want to curb this tendency when they are puppies, though, because your guests might not like a hundred-pound dog that wants to put their arms or legs in its mouth. This also makes them a breed that likes to chew on everything, so make sure they have plenty of bones and toys.
Making sure they do enough ‘work’ will also help reduce their need to chew; so make sure they get a daily walk!
Which of these German Shepherd quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have a German Shepherd? Tell us why you love them in the comment section below.
April 19, 2021 7:00 AM EST