There are not enough good things that can be said about dogs, after all, they are man’s best friend.
However, the owners of German Shepherds can seem a bit intense with their love for the breed.
You can see that blind devotion in these German Shepherd quotes!
The loyalty and love seem to go both ways!
This hard-working breed has been the second most popular breed among dog owners for over a decade now.
According to the American Kennel Club, German Shepherds are known for their intelligence.
They can learn new behaviors with only a few repetitions.
Their desire to work and cooperate with their humans is legendary.
They make excellent watchdogs or guardians because they confidently stand their ground and protect the pack.
German Shepherd owners are also rarely lonely, as this breed craves companionship, affection, and frequent exercise.
Keep reading through these German Shepherd quotes to find out more about this amazing breed!
Don’t forget to also check out these dog quotes about man’s best friend to inspire you.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
German Shepherd Dog quotes by celebrities
1. “The average dog is nicer than the average person.” — Andy Rooney
You will also enjoy our article on pet quotes.
2. “The more boys I meet the more I love my dog.” — Carrie Underwood
You will also enjoy our article on The Hangover quotes.
3. “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” — Marilyn Monroe
You will also enjoy our article on diamond quotes.
4. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” ― Ben Williams
5. “I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.” ― Cesar Millan
6. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” ― Charles M. Schulz
7. “If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.” — Harry S. Truman
8. “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.” ― Emily Dickinson
9. “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does.” — Christopher Morley
10. “There are three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.” ― Benjamin Franklin
11. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” ― M.K. Clinton
12. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” ― Dean Koontz
13. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” ― Will Rogers
More adorable German Shepherd quotes
14. “A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?” ― John Grogan
15. “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” — Robert A. Heinlein
16. “When an eighty-five pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” — Kristan Higgins
17. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” ― Mark Twain
18. “If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.” — Phil Pastoret
19. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the Role Model for being alive.” — Gilda Radner
20. “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” — Robert Wagner
21. “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.” ― Sigmund Freud
22. “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
23. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” ― Johnny Depp
German Shepherd quotes for every dog lover out there
24. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” — Charles de Gaulle
25. “Folk will know how large your soul is, by the way you treat a dog.” — Charles F. Doran
26. “A house is not a home until it has a dog.” — Gerald Durrell
27. “Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.” — Dean Koontz
28. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” — Roger A. Caras
29. “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” — Orhan Pamuk
30. “My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet.” — Edith Wharton
31. “After years of having a dog, you know him. You know the meaning of his snuffs and grunts and barks. Every twitch of the ears is a question or statement, every wag of the tail is an exclamation.” — Robert McCammon
32. “When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.” — Nora Ephron
33. “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” — Gene Hill
German Shepherd Quotes About Their Friendly Nature
34. “A German shepherd dog could walk in the office with a script in his mouth, and if that script was really good, they’d buy the script.” — Peter Guber
35. “All the dogs I have are German shepherds from Germany, and I fly them back to Germany to show them.” — George Foreman
36. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring–it was peace.” — Milan Kundera
37. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” ― Josh Billings
38. “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” ― Woodrow Wilson
39. “What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job!” — George Carlin
40. “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” — Andy Rooney
41. “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not mans.” — Mark Twain
42. “Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.” — W.R. Purche
43. “The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend.” — Lord Byron
Best German Shepherds quotes that prove they are smart, loyal, and protective
44. “My German Shepherd can run 40 yards in 4 seconds. Want to try your luck?” ― Unknown
45. “My best friend has fur, paws, and 42 sharp/scary teeth. What’s your next move?” ― Unknown
46. “Why spend $5000 on a home security system when I’ve already got a German Shepherd” ― Unknown
47. “My German Shepherd knows 10 different commands and sits when she’s told to. You can’t manage to put the seat down after you’ve gone to pee. Go figure.” ― Unknown
48. “I am your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are my life, my leader. I will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of my heart. I am the German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
49. “When I look at my German Shepherd, I don’t see a dog. I see a friend, a family member, a protector.” ― Unknown
German Shepherd quotes proving they can be man’s best friend
50. “Who needs a best friend when you’ve got a German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
51. “German Shepherds are where the heart is.” ― Unknown
52. “My German Shepherd makes me happy, even if boys don’t.” ― Unknown
53. “The more I get to know my workmates, the more I get to love my German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
54. “All you need is love…and a German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
55. “A German Shepherd is one of the only dogs in the world that loves you more than you love yourself.” ― Unknown
56. “My German Shepherd makes everything better.” ― Unknown
57. “To you, your German Shepherd might just be your dog, to your German Shepherd, your German Shepherd you are everything.” ― Unknown
58. “If people had hearts like German Shepherds, the world would be full of love, loyalty, and head tilting….lots of head tilting.” ― Unknown
59. “Not every human knows how to love a German Shepherd, but every German Shepherd knows how to love a human.” ― Unknown
Funny German Shepherd quotes that will make you giggle
60. “German Shepherd…more like German Shedder.” ― Unknown
61. “German Shepherds have two shedding frequencies—1. always, and 2. a little bit more than always.” ― Unknown
62. “GSD—Great Shedding Dog.” ― Unknown
63. “My German Shepherd reminds me of me a little bit… he/she has a strong sense of self, and an in-built bullsh*t detector.” ― Unknown
64. “Never trust anyone that doesn’t like your German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
65. “Always be yourself…unless you can be a German Shepherd…always be a German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
66. “Whoever said Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, clearly never owned a German Shepherd.”
67. “What did humans do to deserve German Shepherds?” ― Unknown
68. “The only thing better than coffee is my German Shepherd.” ― Unknown
69. “STRANGER: How many kids do you have? ME: 3 including the one with big ears that sheds all the time.” ― Unknown
70. “My German Shepherd does this amazing thing where he just exists and makes my whole life better for it.” ― Unknown
Which of these German Shepherd quotes is your favorite?
They aren’t just a smart and loyal breed; they are also mouthy and nosey!
German Shepherds use their incredible sense of smell to sniff everything.
When it comes to dog breeds, they rank among the top for scent ability.
This is one reason they make great police dogs.
They also use their noses to herd their owners around.
German Shepherds also like to ‘mouth’ their owners.
They will grab you by the arm and try to pull you around.
You probably want to curb this tendency when they are puppies, though, because your guests might not like a hundred-pound dog that wants to put their arms or legs in its mouth.
This also makes them a breed that likes to chew on everything, so make sure they have plenty of bones and toys.
Making sure they do enough ‘work’ will also help reduce their need to chew; so make sure they get a daily walk!
Which of these German Shepherd quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have a German Shepherd?
Tell us why you love them in the comment section below.
August 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST