Boardwalk Empire Quotes from the Roaring 20s Crime Drama
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Boardwalk Empire quotes show why the series was a fan favorite.
Share your favorite quote with us in the comments.
Boardwalk Empire is a crime drama TV series on HBO.
It is set in Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition era of the 1920s where trading and consumption of alcoholic beverages were outlawed.
The series is based on a non-fiction book Boardwalk Empire The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City, which features the story of historical kingpin Enoch Johnson.
It follows the story of Enoch “Nucky” Thompson, an influential political figure who rises and expands his influence over Atlantic City by capitalizing on the criminalization of alcoholic beverages.
Nucky eventually gains a massive network of connections, including politicians, mobsters and government agents, which he uses for political and personal gains.
Here are some of the most memorable Boardwalk Empire quotes you will enjoy.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Killing quotes from the complex crime drama.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Boardwalk Empire quotes from Nucky Thompson
1. “You have to understand: No matter what you think of me, there’s no walking away. It doesn’t work like that. I do it to them, or they do it to me. And that’s all there is.” — Nucky Thompson
You will also enjoy our article on Jabba the Hutt quotes.
2. “Untie him. Oh, but before you do, put a bullet in his fucking head.” — Nucky Thompson
3. “Allowing you to simply go to jail is the last gift I’ll ever give you.” — Nucky Thompson
4. “I prefer to think of myself as an artichoke.” — Nucky Thompson
5. “First rule of politics, kiddo: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.” — Nucky Thompson
6. “The split is 80 percent-20 percent, my favor. I supply the product, your people work their magic.” — Nucky Thompson
7. “My circumstances have changed. There are things I won’t do anymore.” — Nucky Thompson
8. “You tell yourself it’s quick, but you don’t know. You can’t know until it’s you and then you’ll never tell anyone.” — Nucky Thompson
9. “What’s more personal than a man trying to kill you?” — Nucky Thompson
10. “There’s no sense looking back. The only thing you can do is start again. I really believe that.” — Nucky Thompson
11. “Doesn’t anyone drink anymore?” — Nucky Thompson
12. “We’ve had all the fights we’re going to have.” — Nucky Thompson
13. “The day repeal passes, I intend to be open for business legally, in the thirstiest country on Earth.” — Nucky Thompson
Boardwalk Empire quote from Lucky Luciano
14. “It’s the 20th century, sweetie. You wanna make a buck? Have ’em start showin’ a little skin.” — Lucky Luciano
15. “Never let the past get in the way of the future.” — Lucky Luciano
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of A Few Good Men quotes from the epic legal drama.
Boardwalk Empire quotes from Margaret Thompson
16. “Here is an experiment for you. Think about the things you want in life, then picture yourself in a dress.” — Margaret Thompson
17. “Knowing nothing doesn’t make it better.” — Margaret Thompson
18. “I’m pregnant. It’s yours. You can do what you choose. Plans or no, I won’t hold you to them. But say what you want, as long as it’s the truth.” — Margaret Thompson
19. “Nothing changes does it? Men to guard you, plans within plans. Things you say and things you don’t.” — Margaret Thompson
Boardwalk Empire quotes from Commodore Louis Kaestner
20. “You will be judged by what you succeed at, boy, not by what you attempt.” — Commodore Louis Kaestner
21. “Ask the man inside of you this: When you come face to face with destiny, do you want to be the bear or do you want to be the one holding the shotgun?” — Commodore Louis Kaestner
22. “In the end, we do what we have the nerve for, or we disappear.” — Commodore Louis Kaestner
Boardwalk Empire quotes from Gillian Darmody
23. “I was under the impression that you could do anything.” — Gillian Darmody
24. “Childhood doesn’t last. Nothing lasts.” — Gillian Darmody
25. “Success has many fathers, dear. Failure is an orphan.” — Gillian Darmody
Which of these Boardwalk Empire quotes is your favorite?
The series was packed with action, drama, and deceptions, making it exciting and thrilling.
Because of this, the series gained stellar reviews from its audience and was even named as “the best television program of the year” by American Film Institute.
In addition, fans will never forget the unique atmosphere that this show gives each episode.
The series successfully portrayed the lawlessness and retro vibes of the chaotic era of the 1920s.
It has the right mix of cold violence and intrigue, which suits the character of Nucky.
Hopefully, you enjoyed reading these Boardwalk Empire quotes and sayings.
You can always return to these quotes whenever you want to.