Searching for quotes from the award-winning book and movie The Wolf of Wall Street? Below, you’ll find all of your favorite The Wolf of Wall Street quotes to relive the incredible story of Jordan Belfort.
What’s your favorite scene from The Wolf of Wall Street?
Released in 2007, The Wolf of Wall Street is a memoir written by former stockbroker and trader Jordan Belfort. The book details Belfort’s meteoric rise to success as he lived a lifestyle filled with drugs, sex, and scheming. In 2013, a movie based on the memoir released starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, and Margot Robbie.
Below are Wolf of Wall Street quotes from both the book and the movie which dive into topics of success, money, and business.
Wolf of Wall Street quotes about success
1. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
2. “Hard work beats talent. Every time!” – Jordan Belfort
3. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” – Jordan Belfort
4. “When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.” – Jordan Belfort
5. “Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny, they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.” – Jordan Belfort
6. “Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you.” – Jordan Belfort
7. “Risk is what keeps us young.” – Joanna Lumley
8. “Winners use words that say ‘must’ and ‘will’.” – Jordan Belfort
9. “When the window of opportunity open, that’s when you work twice as hard.” – Jordan Belfort
10. “I’ve got the guts to die. What I want to know is, have you got the guts to live?” – Jordan Belfort
11. “If you want to be rich, never give up. People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learnt enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.” – Jordan Belfort
12. “Whether you say, ‘I can’ or ‘I can’t,’ you’re right either way.” – Jordan Belfort
13. “If you give people a good enough ‘why’, they will always figure out the how.” – Jordan Belfort
Wolf of Wall Street quotes on money
14. “My name is Jordan Belfort. The year I turned 26, I made 49 million dollars, which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week.” – Jordan Belfort
15. “You wanna know what money sounds like? Go to a trading floor on Wall Street.” – Jordan Belfort
16. “I have been a rich man and I have been a poor man. And I choose rich every fucking time. Because at least as a rich man, when I have to face my problems, I show up in the back of a limo, wearing a $2,000 suit and a $40,000 gold fucking watch!” – Jordan Belfort
17. “I believe in total immersion, if you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich. You have to unlearn all the thoughts that were making you poor and replace them with new thoughts – rich thoughts.” – Jordan Belfort
18. “The easiest way to make money is – create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.” – Jordan Belfort
19. “If I earn a million dollars a week and the average American earns a thousand dollars a week, then when I spend twenty thousand dollars on something it’s the equivalent of the average American spending twenty dollars on something, right?” ― Jordan Belfort
20. “Money is the oxygen of capitalism and I wanna breathe more than any man alive.” – Jordan Belfort
21. “There is no nobility in poverty.” – Jordan Belfort
22. “I want you to deal with your problems by becoming rich!” – Jordan Belfort
You might also like these memorable Of Mice of Men quotes that will inspire you to keep your head up.
Funny Wolf of Wall Street quotes
23. “Let me give you some legal advice: Shut the fuck up!” – Agent Patrick Denham
24. “If anyone over here thinks I’m superficial or materialistic, go get a job at McDonald’s because that’s where you belong.” – Jordan Belfort
25. “I’ll tell you what: I’m never eating at Benihana again. I don’t care whose birthday it is.” – Donnie Azoff
26. “There are two keys to success in the broker business; first of all you gotta stay relaxed, secondly you gotta always get stay high.” – Mark Hanna
27. “Yeah, like Buddhists. They don’t give a shit about money. They’re wrapped in sheets. They’re not buying shit.” – Alden Kupferberg
28. “There was this one time I was selling pot to this Amish dude. You know those guys who got like the beard with, like, no mustache or some bullshit? Well, he says that he only wants to make furniture.” – Alden Kupferberg
29. “You got my money taped to your tits, honey. Technically, you do work for me.” – Donnie Azoff
30. “On a daily basis, I consume enough drugs to sedate Manhattan, Long Island, and Queens for a month.” – Jordan Belfort
Other hilarious Wolf of Wall Street quotes
31. “The nice thing about being rescued by Italians is that they feed you, make you drink red wine, then you get to dance.” – Jordan Belfort
32. “I can’t untie you! The captain tied you up, he almost fuckin’ tasered you!” – Donnie Azoff
33. “Sell me this pen!” – Jordan Belfort
34. “They were drunk on youth, fueled by greed, and higher than kites.” – Jordan Belfort
35. “There were certain things that you just didn’t joke about; it was simply bad luck. It was like pissing in the fate god’s eye. If you did it long enough, he was certain to piss right back at you. And his urine stream was like a fucking fire hose.” – Jordan Belfort
36. “There is no such thing as bad publicity. Your hair looks good.” – Teresa Petrillo
37. “They’re gonna need a f*cking wrecking ball to take me out of here. They’re gonna need to send in the national guard or fucking swat team, cause I ain’t going nowhere!” – Jordan Belfort
38. “Fugayzi, fugazi. It’s a whazy. It’s a woozie. It’s fairy dust. it doesn’t exist. It’s never landed. It is no matter. It’s not on the elemental chart. It’s not fucking real.” – Mark Hanna
Also check out these epic Leonardo DiCaprio quotes that will make you wish you could shake his hand.
Wolf of Wall Street quotes about business
39. “The name of the game, moving the money from the client’s pocket to your pocket.” – Mark Hanna
40. “Always keep the client on the Ferris wheel”. – Mark Hanna
41. “Was all this legal? Absolutely not but we were making more money then we knew what to do with.” – Jordan Belfort
42. “I don’t think you’re cut out for this job. You look like a kid, and Wall Street’s no place for kids. It’s a place for killers. A place for mercenaries. So in that sense you’re lucky I’m not the one who does the hiring around here.” ― Jordan Belfort
43. “See those little black boxes? They’re called telephones. I’m gonna let you in on a little secret about these telephones. They’re not gonna dial themselves. Okay? Without you, they’re just worthless hunks of plastic. Like a loaded M16 without a trained Marine to pull the trigger.” – Jordan Belfort
44. “One thing I can promise you is that I never ask my clients to judge me on my winners, I ask them to judge me on my losers because I have so few.” – Jordan Belfort
45. “Just like that I made two grand, the other guys looked at me like I just discovered fire.” – Jordan Belfort
46. “Every person around here, they want to get rich and they want to get rich quickly. They all want something for nothing.” – Jordan Belfort
47. “OK, first rule of Wall Street. Nobody – and I don’t care if you’re Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet – nobody knows if a stock’s going up, down or fucking sideways, least of all stockbrokers, but we have to pretend we know.” – Mark Hanna
48. “It’s business. Leave your emotions at the door.” – Jordan Belfort
49. “97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% who didn’t.” – Jordan Belfort
50. “Best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn awareness, respect and trust of those who might buy.” – Jordan Belfort
51. “Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.” – Jordan Belfort
52. “People don’t buy stock; it gets sold to them. Don’t ever forget that.” – Jordan Belfort
What can you take from Jordan Belfort’s career?
Although Jordan Belfort’s career path lead to prison time, there are many points of inspiration to grasp from Belfort’s journey. One of them is that he never let his self-doubt or insecurities get in the way of his goals. He remained focused at all times during his pursuit of success. That undeniable focus is one of the main reasons why he reached such a high level of achievement.
In your everyday life, don’t let fear get in the way of your goals. Sometimes the largest hurdle between ourselves and our goals is our own self-doubt.
Which of these Wolf of Wall Street quotes and lines is your favorite? Drop it in the comments section below.