Take a look at these currency quotes to learn more about the different types of currency.
Currency is the standardized money that is used as a medium of exchange.
It can be in coins, bills, digital money, or banknotes.
Each nation has its own currency, which acts as a certain “value” that can be traded for goods and services and even between countries through an exchange system.
You might also like these related articles:
Although digital currencies such as bitcoin have gained popularity, there is some skepticism and belief that digital currency creates more opportunities for illegal activities such as scams, money laundering, and terrorism.
Many people now keep most of their “paper” currency in banks for protection and use either debit cards or credit cards for currency for their day-to-day activities.
Take a look at these currency quotes to learn more about currency.
Top Currency Quotes
Take a look at some of the top currency quotes!
1. “Trust is the currency of freedom.” — Aegelis
2. “All currency is neurotic currency.” — Norman O. Brown
3. “Ideas are the currency of the new economy.” — Richard Florida
4. “Patriotism is no substitute for a sound currency.” — Grover Cleveland
5. “Time is currency. Be careful how you spend it.” — Byron L. Reeder
6. “He who tampers with the currency robs labor of its bread.” — Daniel Webster
7. “And in eternity, faith is the only currency that counts.” — Franklin Graham
8. “It’s not so unusual to run out of someone else’s currency.” — Jeffrey Sachs
9. “A disordered currency is one of the greatest political evils.” — Daniel Weber
10. “The oldest and most important currency is debt.” — Kabir Sehgal
Digital Currency Quotes
Take a look at these digital currency quotes.
11. “You’ll be using digital currency.” — Tyler Winklevoss
12. “Bitcoin and digital currency is just this thing that was always going to happen.” — Tyler Winklevoss
13. “I think that the future of currency is digital, and Bitcoin has a good shot at being the currency of the future.” — Adam Draper
14. “We have faces of notable figures printed on every currency in the world today. Isn’t that some form of idol worshipping?” — Soroosh Shahrivar
15. “There is nothing to support the bitcoin except the hope that you will sell it to somebody for more than you paid for it.” — John C. Bogle
16. “A digital currency issued by a central bank would be a global target for cyber attacks, cyber counterfeiting, and cyber theft.” — Jerome Powell
17. “I do think some digital currency will end up being the reserve currency of the world. I see a path where that’s going to happen.” — Brian Armstrong
18. “I’m a huge believer in digital currency… but doing it on an anonymous basis, I think that leads to some abuses, so I’m not involved in Bitcoin.” — Bill Gates
19. “After PayPal, I never thought I would get interested in payments again. But bitcoin is fulfilling Paypal’s original vision to create ‘the new world currency.’” — David O. Sacks
20. “We need to be held to a higher standard because digital currency is so new and interesting and powerful that it is attractive to a lot of people out there to try to steal it.” — Brian Armstrong
Currency Quotes and Analogies
Enjoy these analogies and quotes about currency.
21. “Attention is the currency of leadership.” — Ronald A. Heifetz
22. “Reputation will become an even more important currency in the future.” — Kabir Seghal
23. “The true currency of life is time, not money, and we’ve all got a limited stock of that.” — Robert Harris
24. “Beauty in its best form is kindness, the most valuable currency in the world.” — Rebecca McNutt
25. “Small change, small wonders—these are the currency of my endurance and ultimately of my life.” — Barbara Kingsolver
26. “Assume time is like a currency and passion is a recurring deposit account. Success is the interest that you reap.” — Vikram Verma
27. “Salvation cannot be bought with the currency of obedience; it is purchased by the blood of the Son of God.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
28. “The only currency worth anything is being true to yourself, and the only goal worth seeking is finding out who you truly are.” — Derek Landy
29. “The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.” — Philip Seymour Hoffman
30. “For anything worth having, one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice—no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.” — John Burroughs
Currency Quotes About Government and Economics
Enjoy these quotes about currency, economics, and the government.
31. “The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency.” — Vladimir Lenin
32. “A weak currency is the sign of weak economy, and a weak economy leads to a weak nation.” — Ross Perot
33. “The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war.” — Ernest Hemingway
34. “If inflation-adjusted rates decline in a given country, its currency is likely to decline.” — Ray Dalio
35. “If you have your own currency, you have your own governance, so each currency becomes their own mini-government.” — William Mougayar
36. “Nations with a common currency never went to war against each other. A common currency is more than the money you pay with.” — Helmut Kohl
37. “Governments create money and spend it into the economy by running budget deficits. The paper currency in your pocket is technically a government debt.” — Michael Hudson
38. “If you look at history, there seems to be a regular pattern: the country with the most powerful military also happens to be the one with the world trade currency.” — David Graeber
39. “I was very excited about a currency that was not controlled by a central government, that could be a free market currency. That was all the incentive I needed to dedicate my life to it.” — Erik Voorhees
40. “As long as the dollar remains in high esteem as a trade currency, America can continue to spend more than it earns. But when the day arrives—as it certainly must—when the dollar tumbles and foreigners no longer want it, the free ride will be over.” — E. Edward Griffin
Additional Quotes About Currency
Check out some more quotes about currency.
41. “There is never enough gold to redeem all the currency in circulation.” — John Buchanan Robinson
42. “Is a currency worth anything if no one wants it? We used to buy shoes in Italy, remember?” — Erica Jong
43. “Regardless of your rank, you need currency to move your ideas and your ambitions forward.” — Evan Oldford
44. “Paper currency has hitherto been regarded with suspicion, as insecure.” — John Buchanan Robinson
45. “A currency serves three functions: providing a means of payment, a unit of account, and a store of value.” — Nouriel Roubini
46. “The value of a currency is, ultimately, what someone will give you for it—whether in food, fuel, assets, or labor. And that’s always and everywhere a subjective decision.” — James Surowiecki
47. “Money is the worst currency that ever grew among mankind. This sacks cities, this drives men from their homes, this teaches and corrupts the worthiest minds to turn base deeds.” — Sophocles
48. “Believe me, the next step is a currency crisis because there will be a rejection of the dollar, the rejection of the dollar is a big, big event, and then your personal liberties are going to be severely threatened.” — Ron Paul
49. “In order for a currency to be effective, it has to be stable. People can accept varying levels of volatility regarding their investments, but no one is willing to accept volatility in regard to the currency they use.” — Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr
50. “Government, possessing the power to create and issue currency and credit as money and enjoying the right to withdraw both currency and credit from circulation by taxation and otherwise, need not and should not borrow capital at interest as a means of financing government work and public enterprises.” — Abraham Lincoln
What is the History of Currency?
Currency was originally designed in ancient Egypt as a receipt for stored grain.
Later, metals were used as currency and are still used today.
Over the years, many items have been used as currency in different countries, including farm animals.
However, coins and paper money have been the most prevalent form of currency.
Share these currency quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about currency in the comment section below.