Our latest collection of Bill Gates quotes to inspire you to success!
Each quote has a net worth 20.2 million so read each one with care! LOL! Enjoy!
William Henry “Bill” Gates, III is a business magnate, mega philanthropist, serial investor, and computer program developer.
Bill Gates is known for being the Chief Executive and Chairman of Microsoft, the world’s largest and most popular personal-computer software company. Bill Gates leads the world in both net worth and charitable donations.
While reading through this collection of Bill Gates quotes, ask yourself the following questions.
How does this idea apply into my life?
How could this idea impact my performance in the work place?
What is Bill trying to say about our own unique voice, journey and self?
What can I do to become more successful?
What ideas do I need to let go of?
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Bill Gates quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Enjoy these awesome Bill gates quotes!
Don’t forget to also read these wise Michael Bloomberg quotes from the multi-billionaire businessman.
Bill Gates Quotes About What Successful People Do
1. “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.” – Bill Gates
2. “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
3. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
4. “Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.” – Bill Gates
If you enjoyed this collection of quotes, check out our coffee quotes for our high energy coffee lovers out there.
5. “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.” – Bill Gates
6. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” – Bill Gates
7. “Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off, and very few employers are interested in helping you. Find yourself.” – Bill Gates
8. “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.” – Bill Gates
9. “I’m a big believer that as much as possible, and there’s obviously political limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing.” – Bill Gates
10. “Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated.” – Bill Gates
Bill Gates Quotes that will inspire you to change the world
11. “I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.” – Bill Gates
12. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” – Bill Gates
13. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
14. “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” – Bill Gates
15. “I’m a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they’re interested in.” – Bill Gates
16. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
17. “If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 MPG.” – Bill Gates
18. “I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.” – Bill Gates
19. “Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player.” – Bill Gates
20. “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.” – Bill Gates
Bill Gates Quotes to enrich your life
21. “Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.” – Bill Gates
22. “The general idea of the rich helping the poor, I think, is important.” – Bill Gates
23. “This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.” – Bill Gates
24. “Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.” – Bill Gates
25. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” – Bill Gates
26. “Until we’re educating every kid in a fantastic way, until ever inner city is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do.” – Bill Gates
27. “If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure.” – Bill Gates
28. “If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?” – Bill Gates
29. “We’ve got to put a lot of money into changing behavior.” – Bill Gates
30. “I do think this next century, hopefully, will be about a more global view. Where you don’t just think, ‘Yes, my country is doing well,’ but you think about the world at large.” – Bill Gates
Bill Gates Quotes on Leadership
31. “There is a certain responsibility that accrued to me when I got to this unexpected position.” – Bill Gates
32. “You see, antiquated ideas of kindness and generosity are simply bugs that must be programmed out of our world. And these cold, unfeeling machines show us the way.” – Bill Gates
33. “The most amazing philanthropists are people who are actually making a significant sacrifice.” – Bill Gates
34. “I have been struck again and again by how important measurement is to improving the human condition.” – Bill Gates
35. “I was lucky to be involved and get to contribute to something that was important, which is empowering people with software.” – Bill Gates
36. “I believe the returns on investment in the poor are just as exciting as successes achieved in the business arena, and they are even more meaningful!” – Bill Gates
37. “Whether I’m at the office, at home, or on the road, I always have a stack of books I’m looking forward to reading.” – Bill Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of The Office quotes from the iconic hit show.
38. “Who decides what’s in Windows? The customers who buy it.” – Bill Gates
39. “The best teacher is very interactive.” – Bill Gates
40. “In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count like customer satisfaction and performance… you thrive on that.” – Bill Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of customer service quotes to inspire you at work.
Bill Gates Quotes on Success
41. “Effective philanthropy requires a lot of time and creativity – the same kind of focus and skills that building a business requires.” – Bill Gates
42. “We make the future sustainable when we invest in the poor, not when we insist on their suffering.” – Bill Gates
43. “Americans want students to get the best education possible. We want schools to prepare children to become good citizens and members of a prosperous American economy.” – Bill Gates
44. “The way to be successful in the software world is to come up with breakthrough software, and so whether it’s Microsoft Office or Windows, its pushing that forward. New ideas, surprising the marketplace, so good engineering and good business are one in the same.”– Bill Gates
45. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
46. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates
47. “The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system.” – Bill Gates
48. “I studied every thing but never topped..
But today the toppers of the best universities
are my employees”- Bill Gates
49. “In this business, by the time you realize you are in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless your running scared all the time, you’re gone.”― Bill Gates
50. “In my view, investing in public libraries is an investment in the nation’s future.” – Bill Gates
Motivational Bill Gates quotes and sayings
51. “Business is a money game with few rules and a lot of risk.”― Bill Gates
52. “Innovation is moving at a scarily fast pace.”– Bill Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of innovation quotes that will inspire you to find new successes by trying new things.
53. “The vision is about empowering workers, giving them all the information about what’s going on so they can do a lot more than they’ve done in the past.”― Bill Gates
54. “Life is not fair, get used to it.”– Bill Gates
55. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
56. “A bad strategy will fail no matter how good your information is, and lame execution will stymie a good strategy. If you do enough things poorly, you will go out of business.”– Bill Gates
57. “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, But if you die poor it’s your mistake.”– Bill Gates
58. “A fundamental new rule for business is that the Internet changes everything.” – Bill Gates
59. “Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point.”– Bill Gates
60. “I am not in competition with anyone but myself.
My goal is to improve myself continuously.”– Bill Gates
More Bill Gates Quotes
61. “If you give people tools, and they use their natural abilities and their curiosity, they will develop things in ways that will surprise you very much beyond what you might have expected.” – Bill Gates
62. “Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.” – Bill Gates
63. “Power comes not from knowledge kept but from knowledge shared.” – Bill Gates
64. “In particular, Green Premiums are a fantastic lens for making decisions.” – Bill Gates
65. “It wasn’t enough to deliver cheap, reliable energy for the poor. It also had to be clean.” – Bill Gates
Bill and Melinda Gates on TED: Why giving away our wealth has been the most satisfying thing we’ve done
What other Bill Gates quotes would you add to the list?
Bill Gates is a great businessman, a great inspiration, and a great hard worker. He is a hero to many people because of all his accomplishments and because he worked hard to rich where he is.
We hope his words will help you succeed and never forget to be kind to others.
Which of these Bill Gates quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below!
March 10, 2021 6:00 AM EST