Daydreamer quotes might not be easy to find, as it’s a less popular topic.
Daydreaming is a condition where a person continuously or regularly thinks about stuff that is far-fetched and irrelevant to hypothetical scenarios.
Such a person lacks a strong social bond because of their indulgence in daydreaming.
If you are searching for such quotes, we have you covered.
Here, we have curated a list of the best daydreamer quotes.
Apart from presenting you with these quotes, we have also explained excessive daydreaming.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
What is excessive daydreaming?
Talking about excessive daydreaming, it’s a medical condition or disorder (maladaptive daydreaming).
Excessive daydreaming takes you to an imaginary world, preventing you from maintaining healthy interactions with other people.
We usually observe this condition in people who stay engaged for hours with vivid and well-thought daydreams.
As a result, it is hard for such people to perform their real-life tasks.
We also considered them irresponsible regarding their relationships and other aspects of their lives.
This condition is associated with four different mental health disorders:
- Disturbance of attention
- Dissociative disorders
- Behavioral addiction
- Obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorder
According to some experts, excessive daydreaming isn’t a psychiatric problem.
It’s a coping mechanism linked to past abuse, serious trauma, loneliness, and mental illness.
Prominent signs of excessive daydreaming
After briefly discussing excessive daydreaming, it’s time to talk about some of the most noteworthy signs of this mental condition, including:
- Mood modification
- Inner frustration
- Increasing tolerance
- Withdrawal from reality
Mental health and excessive daydreaming
The extent of daydreaming depends on your mental health.
Excessive daydreaming is commonly linked to stress and anxiety.
According to some researchers, this condition could result from frustration, guilt, or dysphoria.
Here are the mental health conditions which could trigger excessive daydreaming.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- General anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
How to overcome daydreaming
Below are the trusted ways to stop daydreaming:
- Think and identify the reasons associated with your daydreaming issue.
- Make sure to spend time with friends and participate in different physical activities.
- It is also essential to know the patterns in which you usually fall into daydreams.
- Don’t hesitate to discuss this issue with others, as people around you can help you overcome daydreaming.
- Try to keep yourself busy in small and interesting jobs.
- Meditation is a great way to overcome daydreaming.
- Visualize your daydreaming aspects and disassociate them from your real-life scenarios.
- Achieve your goals by taking small yet consistent steps.
Top 10 daydreamer quotes
Here is our list of the top 10 quotes you would like to read and share.
1. “I’m a daydreamer.” — Sara Paretsky
2. “I am a bit of a daydreamer.” — Matt Lucas
3. “I’ve always been a daydreamer.” — Puff Daddy
4. “I was a great dreamer of daydreams.” — Abraham Cahan
5. “Optimist: Day-dreamer in his small clothes.” — Mark Twain
6. “A daydreamer is prepared for most things.” — Joyce Carol Oates
7. “I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.” — Steven Wright
8. “I am a daydreamer with a soul and heart full and deep of love and care.” — Michael Bliss
9. “Daydream transports the dreamer outside the immediate world to a world that bears the mark of infinity.” — Gaston Bachelard
10. “I am a daydreamer.. I daydream a lot, and thus is when my wicked imagination emerges to bleed upon my paper…” — Jamie Edson
Daydreamer quotes related to school
Each of these quotes relates to the impact daydreaming has on daydreamers while they are in school.
11. “I hated school because I liked to daydream, and the system tried to stop me from that.” — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
12. “I went to high school in the 1970s and was a real daydreamer and not the best student.” — John Benjamin Hickey
13. “I was a real daydreamer at school, gazing out of the window and losing myself in imaginary worlds.” — Talulah Riley
14. “My school was OK, but I just wanted to do music. I was a bit of a daydreamer. I wish I’d gone back and paid more attention.” — Eliza Doolittle
15. “I’m not much of a math and science guy. I spent most of my time in school daydreaming and managed to turn it into a living.” — George Lucas
Inspiring daydreamer quotes to offer a different perspective
16. “I daydream about a high school where everybody plays the harmonica: the students, the teachers, the principal, the janitor, and the cook in the cafeteria.” — Richard Brautigan
17. “J. K. Rowling has said that she was bullied in school. She was a daydreamer and had her nose in books all the time, much like some of her characters today.” — Alexandra Robbins
18. “They used to complain at school that I looked out of the window for long periods of time – that sums up my life. I like to look out the window, do nothing, daydream.” — Ritchie Blackmore
19. “At school, I was always daydreaming and fiddling in inkwells, but I had to learn to grow up and become articulate. And doing that was what brought me into writing songs. It’s like therapy for me because it exposes what I’m really thinking.” — Roy Harper
20. “The trouble with being a daydreamer who doesn’t say much is that the teachers at school, especially those who don’t know you very well, are likely to think you’re rather stupid. Or, if not stupid, then dull. No one can see the amazing things that are going on in your head.” — Ian McEwan
Daydreamer quotes by some great authors & novelists
Authors, novelists, and other writers are daydreamers. You can see from these quotes how they justify their daydreaming.
21. “A daydream is an evasion.” — Thomas Merton
22. “Everything starts as somebody’s daydream.” — Larry Niven
23. “As an author, I’ve never forgotten how to daydream.” — Neil Gaiman
24. “People don’t come to church for preachments, of course, but to daydream about God.” — Kurt Vonnegut
25. “A story in your head isn’t a story. It’s just a daydream until you actually write it down. So write it down.” — Andy Weir
26. “You know what I worry about? I worry that kids today don’t have enough time to just sit and daydream.” — Judy Blume
27. “‘The Turner Diaries’ is a racist daydream by a former physics teacher writing under the pseudonym Andrew Macdonald.” — Gore Vidal
28. “I’ve wanted to own a DeLorean since I was 10 years old, but it always seemed like a silly daydream. Like owning the ‘A-Team’ van or something.” — Ernest Cline
29. “In a daydream sort of way, I think it would be pretty cool to direct a movie. But I have been on movie and TV sets and know it is hard work. I like directing it in my mind. It is easier.” — Michael Connelly
30. “In the business world, I did fairly well but wasn’t happy. A bout of sciatica put me flat on my back. All I could do was read, listen to my mother’s stories about the Sandovals, and daydream: a return to self. My writing career had begun.” — Sandra Cisneros
Daydreamer quotes about work
Some daydreamers about work are listed below.
31. “My work has always dealt with a kind of space that allows one to daydream.” — Robert Wilson
32. “I used to work in a factory, and I was really happy because I could daydream all day.” — Ian Curtis
33. “When I’ m writing my blog, I think of myself at 13 years old, back in St. Louis, daydreaming about Hollywood.” — Jenna Fischer
34. “I’m not an extraordinary worker, I’m an extraordinary daydreamer. I exceed all my fantasies-even that of writing.” — Blaise Cendrars
35. “It’s true that I tend to daydream. I’m the same person in business as I am in music: I can be distracted and absent-minded. It’s my style.” — Gordon Getty
Long daydreamer quotes about work
36. “A lot of my research time is spent daydreaming – telling an imaginary admiring audience of laymen how to understand some difficult scientific idea.” — Leonard Susskind
37. “When you’re drawing comics, you get very involved in how the story is going to develop, and you spend more time daydreaming on that particular subject.” — Sergio Aragones
38. “That’s how I work, whether with stories or novels – they start with an image that comes to me in a daydream, and a lot of times I’m walking around with these pictures in my head for a while before I start writing.” — Dan Chaon
39. “I had a small-town life – I worked at the local McDonald’s for three years. I’m not sure why they kept me: I am something of a daydreamer and a dawdler, so they would only let me be the ‘friendly voice’ that greeted you when you entered the restaurant.” — Rachel McAdams
40. “I’m a massive daydreamer. I’m constantly lost within my own fantasies and my own thoughts personally, and I think maybe that is sort of represented in what we do for a living, the fact that we make believe everything and we escape into these other characters for a living.” — Emily Browning
Some more daydreamer quotes
Here are some more daydreamer quotes that are interesting and insightful.
41. “Visualization is daydreaming with a purpose.” — Robert Foster Bennett
42. “They say there’s no harm in daydreaming, but there is.” — Charlaine Harris
43. “I try to maintain a healthy dose of daydreaming, to remain sane.” — Florence Welch
44. “Daydream, imagine, and reflect. It’s the source of infinite creativity.” — Deepak Chopra
45. “You can spend your time daydreaming or make use of it in other ways.” — Erik Qualman
46. “Be a dreamer. Not a daydreamer. The difference between them lies in the willingness and courage to take real action.” — Unknown
47. “If you don’t daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you never get there. So you have to start someplace.” — Robert Duvall
48. “I was a daydreamer, and there is a lot of history and geography and science I missed out on because I was in my head. And I regret that.” — Gillian Anderson
49. “I have more ideas than I know what to do with. I guess I’m a bit of a fantasist and a daydreamer – all sorts of things come to me during the day.” — Dasha Zhukova
50. “It’s the relationship I have with the world: always trying to escape from reality. I’m a daydreamer; I don’t feel in harmony with my epoch or the societies I live in.” — Amin Maalouf
Which of these daydreamer quotes is your favorite?
Once you have gone through our compilation of daydreamer quotes, finding your favorite one won’t be difficult at all.
Besides, we have taken into many aspects while creating this collection of daydreamer quotes.
For instance, we have only included relevant quotes with some message to convey.
This helps to keep the readers engaged.
Also, these quotes are worth sharing with your friends and family via social media platforms.
Last, if you have found your favorite daydreamer quote, don’t forget to share it with us by commenting in the section below.