Get aligned with your higher self with our daydreaming quotes.
Learn why this seemingly mundane activity is so essential with our daydreaming quotes.
What is daydreaming?
Daydreams are free thoughts and images conjured up by our minds while awake.
When we sleep, we naturally dream, but we can also daydream while awake.
Daydreams have been proven to:
Daydreaming your experience
Our dreams are essential to our health.
Even if you do not consciously remember them when you wake up, you still dream at night.
Dreams are critical to our well-being.
They provide our minds with landscapes to play out experiences and gain wisdom.
Various studies demonstrate that our mental health suffers when we do not dream.
Your thoughts shape your reality
Two individuals could witness the same thing and have entirely different experiences based on their thoughts.
Daydreams help us center our thoughts by allowing our minds to wander.
The content of our daydreams will supply the themes we experience in life.
If we are prone to worry and concern in our daydreams, these themes will play out during our day.
Daydreams allow us unfettered access to our psyche.
It is a brain function with great benefits.
Daydreaming is good for you
Daydreaming is associated with increased mental health, more feelings of pleasure, and problem-solving skills.
It might seem counterintuitive because when people daydream, they seem to be sitting and inactive.
However, research shows that people who daydream are more likely to accomplish a goal than those who do not.
Allowing your mind to wander will enable you to think less directly about a specific challenge or problem.
Sometimes, a problem cannot be solved directly and requires an indirect approach.
Studies confirm that daydreaming allows us to develop diverse and creative solutions.
To learn more, check out our daydreaming quotes below.
Short daydreaming quotes about imagining your destiny
Daydreams turn into reality if we pursue them.
1. “Dreams are the seedlings of realities.” — James Allen
2. “Nothing happens unless first a dream.” — Carl Sandburg
3. “I daydream about things I want to happen.” — Rebecca Hall
4. “All men dream, but not equally.” — Thomas Edward Lawrence
5. “A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten.” — W.H. Auden
6. “Thought is the labor of intellect, reverie is its pleasure.” — Victor Hugo
7. “If you ever catch me daydreaming, please, don’t wake me up.” — Mandy K.
8. “They say there’s no harm in daydreaming, but there is.” — Charlaine Harris
9. “I don’t dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living.” — Steven Spielberg
10. “If your vision doesn’t cost you something, it’s a daydream.” — John C. Maxwell
The best daydreaming about creativity and imagination
Daydreaming can be a fun way to set the blueprint for our dreams.
11. “If you’ve never stared off in the distance, then your life is a shame.” — Adam Duritz
12. “I try to maintain a healthy dose of daydreaming, to remain sane.” — Florence Welch
13. “The cost of oblivious daydreaming was always this moment of return.” — Ian McEwan
14. “Daydream, imagine, and reflect. It’s the source of infinite creativity.” — Deepak Chopra
15. “You get ideas from daydreaming.” — Neil Gaiman
16. “Daydreaming incubates creative discovery.” — Daniel Goleman
17. “Thought is the labor of the intellect, reverie is its pleasure.” — Victor Hugo
18. “Will you gather daydreams or will you gather wealth?” — Gordon Lightfoot
19. “It may be that those who do most, dream most.” — Stephen Butler Leacock
10. “Lying in bed and daydreaming was the best thing I did all day.” — Marty Rubin
The top daydreaming quotes for genius minds
Daydreaming is frowned upon by some, but it is essential for creativity.
11. “Daydreaming with pencil and paper is a respectable form of meditation.” — John Howe
12. “All important progress made by the human race has its roots in daydreaming.” — Eda LeShan
13. “Every exceptional writer holds a Master of Arts in Daydreaming.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
14. “Is daydreaming a distraction from work, or work a distraction from daydreaming?” — Marty Rubin
15. “Daydreaming allows you to play out scenarios where you miraculously save the day.” — Mark Waters
16. “People don’t come to church for preachments, of course, but to daydream about God.” — Kurt Vonnegut
17. “Daydream transports the dreamer outside the immediate world to a world that bears the mark of infinity.” — Gaston Bachelard
18. “It’s really splendid to imagine you are a queen. You have all the fun of it without any of the inconveniences and you can stop being a queen whenever you want to, which you couldn’t in real life.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
19. “Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
20. “I’m often daydreaming, and it’s because I’ve always liked the idea of there being something more than the normal world.” — Samantha Shannon
The best positive daydreaming quotes to live by
These quotes ask you to question how you prefer to daydream.
21. “If I sit and daydream, the images rush by like a succession of colored slides.” — Francis Bacon
22. “I often think in music; I live my daydreams in music; I see my life in terms of music.” — Albert Einstein
23. “[My dresses] have passed from dreamland into the world of everyday items to wear.” — Christian Dior
24. “Like everyone, appearing smart during meetings is my top priority. Sometimes this can be difficult if you start daydreaming about your next vacation, your next nap, or bacon.” — Sarah Cooper
25. “A vision without action is called a daydream; but then again, action without a vision is called a nightmare.” — Jim Sorensen
26. “Without daydreams, the self is apt to shrink down to the size and shape of the estimation of others.” — Michael Pollan
27. “Everything I know, see or hear, every part of my life is transformed into dresses; they are my daydreams.” — Christian Dior
28. “The trouble is that thinking looks like loafing. Who wants to pay people for daydreaming?” — W. Somerset Maugham
29. “Let yourself daydream sometimes.” — Nita Leland
30. “Prepare while others are daydreaming.” — William Arthur Ward
Famous daydream quotes for giving life meaning
Daydreams help us figure out our personal mission in life.
31. “I used to work in a factory, and I was really happy because I could daydream all day.” — Ian Curtis
32. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin
33. “Hammer the iron that lies on your anvil instead of daydreaming about working silver.” — Robert Jordan
34. “To lose one’s self in reverie, one must be either very happy, or very unhappy. Reverie is the child of extremes.” — Antoine Rivarol
35. “How many of our daydreams would darken into nightmares if there seemed any danger of their coming true!” — Logan Pearsall Smith
36. “If you don’t daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you never get there, So you have to start someplace.” — Robert Duvall
37. “Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be.” — Toni Morrison
38. “Children are trained to think linearly instead of imaginatively; they are taught to read slowly and carefully, and are discouraged from daydreaming.” — Tony Buzan
39. “Sometimes, in a summer morning, having taken my accustomed bath, I sat in my sunny doorway from sunrise till noon, rapt in reverie.” — Henry David Thoreau
40. “True imagination is not fanciful daydreaming; it is fire from heaven.” — Ernest Holmes
Daydream quotes and sayings for living your dreams
Make use out of your daydreams, bring them to life.
41. “But I’m always dreaming, even when I’m awake; it is never finished.” — Peter S. Beagle
42. “Daydreams were dangerous because they made her wish for things she could never have.” — Julie Garwood
43. “Social media takes up so much of people’s time that I wonder if we’ve lost the ability to daydream.” — Patti Smith
44. [Unfullfilled desires] are the driving force of imagination, and they fuel our dreams and daydreams.” — Sigmund Freud
45. “The reveries of two solitary souls prepare the sweetness of loving.” — Gaston Bachelard, The Poetics of Reverie
46. “Daydreamer sitting on the sea.” — Adelle
47. “Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity.” — Thomas Edward Lawrence
48. “Daydreamer with eyes that make you melt.” — Adelle
49. “Creativity is an attempt to resolve a conflict generated by unexpressed biological impulses, such that unfulfilled desires.” — Sigmund Freud
50. “The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” — Thomas Edward Lawrence
Next time you find yourself daydreaming, do not be so judgemental.
Allow your mind time to process and work things out.
Daydreaming is an excellent way to bring your dreams to life.
What is your favorite daydreaming quote?
Let us know in the comments below, and share it with your friends.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Keeping a motivated mind requires food for thought, and these motivational one-liners are the perfect snack.
You are never too old, poor, young, or sick to live your dreams.
Don’t base your intelligence on grades alone. Here are good reasons why grades are not a good measurement for your talents and accomplishments.
These inspirational quotes about breaking your limits will help you answer a few questions that could change the course of your life!
Check out these related quote articles:
If you are having a rough day, you should check out these inspirational and funny rough day quotes.
These motivational quotes will inspire you to dream bigger and do better.
Feel like quitting? Read these never give up quotes to remind yourself that you were built to last.
These dream big quotes will provide you with the motivation you need to pursue all that awaits you.