Deepak Chopra is one of the most influential people in the personal development industry.
His best-selling books and numerous media appearances have helped millions of people around the world to improve their lives.
Deepak Chopra quotes are full of wisdom.
Deepak Chopra got his degree in India.
Many of his ideas spawned from the things that he learned from some of the greatest spiritual leaders in the country.
He immigrated to the United States and became certified in internal medicine.
He taught at some of the United State’s most prestigious universities including Harvard and Boston University.
After returning to India and meeting a spiritual expert, he recognized the power of alternative medical practices.
He opened up a new practice that used techniques such as massages and oil baths.
He said that he was tired of prescribing countless medications to his patients and believed that there’s a natural path to health.
Soon after, he began serving on the National Institutes of Health alternative medical board.
He soon published his first book Ageless Body, Timeless Mind.
The interview that he did on the Oprah show resonated with tons of people, and as a result, his book sold very well.
The interview on Oprah was the start of multiple media appearances that would make Chopra famous.
Deepak Chopra was a breath of fresh air in the medical community because he emphasized natural practices rather than taking pills.
He is big on meditation and often cites sciences such as metaphysics to support his claims.
Many of his claims are backed by scientific and medical literature.
He has published multiple best-selling books and is widely regarded as an important public figure.
He emphasizes that health starts in the brain.
The brain controls the body.
He believes that a higher level of consciousness can alleviate or even eliminate many medical conditions.
Notably, he still believes in the power of traditional medicine, but he believes natural practice can act as a great alternative or supplement to traditional medical practice.
He also believes that there is a realm above the physical.
This realm combines the consciousness of all people.
For this reason, he practices prayer and encourages others to do so.
He has described his alternative medical practice as quantum healing.
Deepak Chopra has influenced both famous and common people.
His work has given hope to many and has helped people regain their health and reduce their stress.
His story of success is inspiring to all.
He emigrated to the United States and due to wisdom and work ethic became famous, rich, and successful.
It’s not surprising that many people use Deepak Chopra quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about love, happiness and life
1. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Nothing changes if nothing changes. If you continue to respond or react in the same manner you always do, then you will continue to get the same results. Learn more about yourself and figure out what feeling, thought process, or trigger causes certain reactions. Work on healing past traumas to help you move your life forward.
2. “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Yes! This is the place you ultimately want to discover. Something is only impossible until someone does it. Just think of all the things we have in today’s world that our ancestors would have thought impossible! The only limits we have are the limits we place on ourselves.
3. “Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Planning, goals, and vision are essential to achieving the things we set our minds to. However, life throws us curveballs and things that we can not control can become obstacles in our path. They are often big, destiny changing events. We can choose our response to these events, even though the event itself was beyond our control.
4. “Don’t try to steer the river.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: You will not get very far. When you are in a place where you can not control the direction of something (like the river) remember a few things. You can not steer the river, however, you can choose where to cross it, how to cross it, and if it is worth crossing. You can also attempt to find a safe way out if the water is raging around you. Another option you could choose is to do your best to just float it out, until the current lessens. The choices are all yours!
5. “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Living in the moment is an excellent concept. However, there are certain things you should apply some forethought to. These are things like how to take care of your health and body, in a way that gives you the best chance at aging well and staying healthy. The way we choose to behave and act will also impact our stress levels and our relationships with others, so give them a little thought as well!
6. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: How do you keep stillness inside of you? What, does that even mean? It means to keep your self calm and centered. It includes accepting what is, which helps us make better decisions. One way to achieve stillness inside of you is to meditate and go with the flow.
7. “There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: What a great way to think of our lives. A giant puzzle, each of us completing the picture with our purpose. We physically touch the lives around us, but each of us in connected in terms of the bigger picture. Are you searching for “your place to fill?” Check out this article!
8. “Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Some might see this as a reason to not make goals and plans. However, goals and plans are important. They are the steps that move our dreams closer to reality. What we need to be able to do is accept what is, and know that when things happen that we didn’t plan for, there is some kind of purpose. Shift your mindset from “why is this happening” to “what is this trying to teach me.”
9. “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” – Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: The only limits that exist are the limits we place on ourselves. These limits come from our past experiences, the things we were told as children, and our support systems. However, what really matters is what you think deep inside. Your past shapes you, but it doesn’t define you. What other people think you are capable of is irrelevant!
10. “When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Projecting is a common human coping mechanism. Often, the things that irritate us about other people are the parts we dislike in ourselves. Be honest about your weaknesses and put in the work to improve.
Insightful Deepak Chopra Quotes
11. “Holding on to anything is like holding on to your breath. You will suffocate. The only way to get anything in the physical universe is by letting go of it. Let go & it will be yours forever.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Letting go is one of the most difficult and empowering things you can do for your mental health. Holding on to trauma, past mistakes, and old grudges just drains your energy and sucks your happiness away. Check out this article for more tips on learning to let go.
12. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: What does it mean to keep stillness inside of you? It is the idea that regardless of what is going on you have a place within yourself that is calm and safe from the things you can not control. You can keep your stillness by meditating daily, being more self-aware, and learning to accept what is.
13. “Walk with those seeking truth… RUN FROM THOSE WHO THINK THEY’VE FOUND IT. ”- Deepak Chopra
14. “When you make a choice, you change the future.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Every choice we make has a consequence. Consequence does not always mean something bad. It is just the result of something else. So every choice you make will impact your future in some way. Make the best choices you can, do you best, and know that mistakes will happen and you can learn from them and then correct them.
15. “Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined. ”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: It is inevitable that bad, sad, and even downright horrible things will happen eventually. Despite making all the ‘right’ choices a natural disaster can happen and leave you with nothing. Anything unexpected can happen. This is why it is important to accept what is, and adapt and make the best choice you can. Your destiny is waiting for you and you never know what will happen along the way.
16. “Love doesn’t need reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Love is one of the most beautiful mysteries that humans experience. There is no rhyme or reason to love sometimes, as evidenced by the old saying, “The heart wants what it wants.” There are so many different kinds of love and ways to express love. It is a complex human emotion, but is also incredibly simple.
17. “If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another.- Deepak Chopra
18. “If you try to get rid of fear and anger without knowing their meaning, they will grow stronger and return.”- Deepak Chopra
19. “There is no holy life. There is no war between good and evil. There is no sin and no redemption. None of these things matter to the real you. But they all matter hugely to the false you, the one who believes in the separate self. You have tried to take your separate self, with all its loneliness and anxiety and pride, to the door of enlightenment. But it will never go through, because it is a ghost.”- Deepak Chopra
20. “Happiness for a reason is just another form of misery because the reason can be taken away from us at any time.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Happiness that comes from within regardless of the circumstances is a choice we make. Nothing in this life is permanent and if your happiness is related to specific things then you are setting yourself up for misery. How can you choose happiness? Check out this article for some tips!
Thought-provoking Deepak Chopra Quotes
21. “If you’re really spiritual, then you should be totally independent of the good and the bad opinions of the world…you should have faith in yourself.”- Deepak Chopra
22. “Sex is always about emotions. Good sex is about free emotions; bad sex is about blocked emotions.”- Deepak Chopra
23. “The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.”- Deepak Chopra
24. “If you focus on success, you’ll have stress. But if you pursue excellence, success will be guaranteed.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Whatever you do, do your best and shoot for excellence (not perfection). When you do your best and focus on the parts you can control (your effort, behavior, and skills) success will follow. By worrying about the specific details of success you will stress and worry.
25. “Nothing brings down walls as surely as acceptance.”- Deepak Chopra
26. “To acquire true self power you have to feel beneath no one, be immune to criticism and be fearless.”- Deepak Chopra
eople are doing the best that they can from their own level of consciousness.”- Deepak Chopra
28. “Meeting a stranger can be totally fleeting and meaningless, for example, unless you enter the individual’s world by finding out at least one thing that is meaningful to his or her life and exchange at lest one genuine feeling. Tuning in to others is a circular flow: you send yourself out toward people; you receive them as they respond to you.”- Deepak Chopra
29. “The worst curse to befall anyone is stagnation, a banal existence, the quiet desperation that comes out of a need for conformity. ”- Deepak Chopra
30. “When you dig a well, there’s no sign of water until you reach it, only rocks and dirt to move out of the way. You have removed enough; soon the pure water will flow,” said Buddha.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: It can be challenging when you are doing all this work and there is no sign that you are close to achieving your goal. You might be tempted to quit but don’t do it! You just have to keep going until you hit water! Even, if you are “digging” and feel like you aren’t getting anywhere there is cause to be grateful. You have been doing the work and getting “stronger.” Even if there is ends up being no water in this spot the next time you start digging you will be more in shape. There is always a lesson to learn or skill being developed, even if we fail!
Deepak Chopra quotes about life
31. “What keeps life fascinating is the constant creativity of the soul.”- Deepak Chopra
32. “Mathematics expresses values that reflect the cosmos, including orderliness, balance, harmony, logic, and abstract beauty.”- Deepak Chopra
33. “I was very afraid at the beginning, until Master told me that pain isn’t the truth; it’s what you have to get through in order to find the truth.”- Deepak Chopra
34. “If we are creating ourselves all the time, then it is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: Every moment you are alive, every choice you make, is an opportunity to change yourself. This might mean taking control of your physical health, making a career switch, or making some fundamental changes to how you think and behave. The thing is that these types of changes are not easy. They push us past what is comfortable and many people decide they are not possible because of the work involved. The truth is that you can create yourself, you just have to be willing to go on a journey.
35. “The greatest hunger in life is not for food, money, success, status, security, sex, or even love from the opposite sex. Time and again people have achieved all these things and wound up still feeling dissatisfied- indeed, often more dissatisfied than when they began. The deepest hunger in life is a secret that is revealed only when a person is willing to unlock a hidden part of the self. In the ancient traditions of wisdom, this quest has been likened to diving for the most precious pearl in existence, a poetic way of saying that you have to swim far out beyond shallow waters, plunge deep into yourself, and search patiently until the pearl beyond price is found. The pearl is also called essence, the breath of god, the water of life…labels for what we, in our more prosaic scientific age, would simply call TRANSFORMATION.”- Deepak Chopra
36. “The healthiest response to life is joy.”- Deepak Chopra
37. “The purpose of life is the expansion of happiness.”- Deepak Chopra
38. “There are no accidents… there is only some purpose that we haven’t yet understood.”- Deepak Chopra
39. “You alone are the judge of your worth and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks.”- Deepak Chopra
Everyday Application: The world will try to convince you that you what other people think matters. The truth is that other people’s opinions are irrelevant. Sure, the interviewing manager’s opinion will decide whether or not you receive a job offer, but it doesn’t determine whether you are worthy of the job. Know your worth, and if someone else doesn’t see it, then move on to the next opportunity. When you know your worth, you can create opportunities for yourself!
40. “At any given time the universe is giving you the best result possible.”- Deepak Chopra
More Deepak Chopra Quotes
41. “You will be transformed by what you read.” – Deepak Chopra
42. “To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.” – Deepak Chopra
43. “The ego relies on the familiar. It is reluctant to experience the unknown, which is the very essence of life.” – Deepak Chopra
44. “Silence is a great teacher and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence.” – Deepak Chopra
45. “The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe.” – Deepak Chopra
46. “Non-judgment quiets the internal dialogue, and this opens once again the doorway to creativity.” – Deepak Chopra
47. “Our biological rhythms are the symphony of the cosmos, music embedded deep within us to which we dance, even when we can’t name the tune.” – Deepak Chopra
48. “Each of us is a unique strand in the intricate web of life and here to make a contribution.” – Deepak Chopra
49. “The more boundless your vision, the more real you are.” – Deepak Chopra
50. “Ask for nothing less than inspiration.” – Deepak Chopra