Christianity is a religion that is roughly two thousand years old.
It has inspired some of the world’s most brilliant minds during its tenure while simultaneously encouraging evil in others.
Learn more about the nature of spirituality with our fake Christian quotes below.
What is a fake Christian?
The term Christian is a blanket term to describe anyone who follows or believes in Jesus Christ.
A fake Christian is a word people apply to those who claim to follow Christianity but do not follow the rules or customs of the religion.
Some Christians use the following terms to describe fake Christians:
Fake Christians: A slippery slope
This is a sensitive topic for many people, so it must be approached with grace
People take their religions seriously, and most people do not take kindly to being called a fake or imposter.
If you look up the term fake Christian, thousands of sites are devoted to describing what a fake Christian looks like and how to identify them.
Many sites describe people who “relish the false Christian appearance but do not dedicate their hearts to God.”
Other sites say a fake Christian is someone who “wears the Christian title so they could profit from that reputation.”
Words like enemy and deceiver are used to describe fake Christians.
Would today’s Christians call Jesus a fake Christian?
We live in a world of judgment.
Even though one of the basic tenets of Christianity is not to judge others, calling someone a fake Christian seems like a judgment.
It feels like a cop-out that avoids accountability.
Essentially, it’s saying that anybody who does anything negative in the name of Christianity is not an authentic Christian.
It seems people forget that the Christian churches funded and participated in the Atlantic Slave Trade, helped burn women in Salem, or were responsible for other atrocities.
Other Christians will say, “The people who did those bad things aren’t real Christians.”
But how are the victims of these crimes supposed to tell the difference?
The irony behind fake Christians
During his lifetime, Jesus spent his time with the less fortunate: beggars, prostitutes, gamblers, and people with substance abuse problems.
He knew they needed the most love, so that is where he went.
If a beggar, prostitute, gambler, or addict showed up to church service today, would they be welcomed openly, or would they be judged for their lifestyle?
It is an interesting question.
I have personally witnessed people thrown out of churches by judgmental congregation members who felt certain people were not allowed in “the Lord’s house.”
The irony is that Yeshua, or Jesus, was not a Christian.
He was born to a Jewish mother, lived in a Jewish community, and spent his time in various Jewish synagogues.
Would Christians today call him a fake Christian?
To learn more, check out our fake Christian quotes below.
Short fake Christian quotes about pretenders
Let’s start our journey with these brief quotes about fake Christians.
1. “Fake Christians are fake because they can’t live a life that represents Jesus Christ.” — Saintlyliving
2. “In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” — John Bunyan
3. “Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you’re not saved yourself, be sure of that.” — Charles Spurgeon
4. “You may choose to look the other way, but you can never say again that you did not know.” — William Wilberforce
5. “The moment God is figured out with nice neat lines and definitions, we are no longer dealing with God.” — Rob Bell
6. “Any person who fails to live a life that’s a reflection of our Lord Jesus Christ is a fake Christian by default.” — Saintlyliving
7. “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.” — Laurence J Peter
8. “The most dangerous among us come dressed as angels, and we learn too late they are the devil in disguise.” — Carlos Wallace
9. “Fake Christians can’t live the life Christ expects.” — Saintlyliving
10. “Don’t let your lips and your lives preach two different messages.” — Laurence J Peter
Fake Christian quotes and sayings from the Bible
The Christian Holy Book has many scriptures devoted to people who misrepresent the message.
11. “If I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” — 1 Corinthians 13:2
12. “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves.” — 2 Corinthians 13:5
13. “And then will I declare to them, I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.” — Matthew 7:21-23
14. “Avoid such people.” — 2 Timothy 3:1-5
15. “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless.” — James 1:26
16. “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.” — Matthew 7:1-29
17. “Such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.” — Romans 16:17-18
18. “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.” — Revelation 3:15-16
19. “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?” — Luke 6:46
20. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” — Matthew 7:21-23
The top fake Christian quotes about keeping the faith
Here, we have some amazing quotes about staying true to your faith.
21. “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” — 1 John 1:8-10
22. “If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” — 1 John 1:8-10
23. “Your most powerful testimony is how you treat others after the church service is over.” — Laurence J. Peter
24. “What a heartbreak it would be to live an “almost” Christian life, then “almost” get into heaven.” — Laurence J Peter
25. “A fake Christian can mention the name of Jesus Christ a million times, but that doesn’t mean they belong to Him.” — Saintlyliving
26. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” — 1 John 1:8-10
27. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.” — Matthew 5:11
28. “A true Christian will always desire to live a life of holiness and righteousness while a fake Christian has no interest in doing so.” — Saintlyliving
29. “Fake Christians live a life of secret sin because they lack the new birth experience that every true Christian has for them to live like Christ.” — Saintlyliving
30. “A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, ‘You are mad; you are not like us.” — St. Antony the Great
The best fake Christian quotes for true believers
These quotes ask followers to do some soul-searching.
31. “Their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men.” — Isaiah 29:13
32. “Pseudo-Christians, y’all ain’t different, kids in prisons ain’t a sin?” — El P, Walking Through The Snow
33. “What a disingenuous way to piss away existence, I don’t get it.” — El P, Walking Through The Snow
34. “If even one scrap of what Jesus taught connected, you’d feel different.” — El P, Walking Through The Snow
35. “I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles.” — Romans 16:17-18
36. “I’d say you [fake Christians] lost your goddamn minds if y’all possessed one to begin with.” — El P, Walking Through The Snow
37. “True Christians who truly know God by heart are fewer compared to fake Christians who profess to know God.” — Saintlyliving
38. “All true believers will live holy lives that are above sin while fake believers will give all sorts of excuses as to why they can’t be holy.” — Saintlyliving
39. “A true Christian will always try to please Christ Jesus with their life while a fake Christian is only interested in pleasing their sinful flesh.” — Saintlyliving
40. “Only a fake Christian without a genuine salvation experience will tell that it’s not possible to live a holy life of which without, none can enter heaven.” — Saintlyliving
Famous fake Christian quotes for a pious life
Let’s close our list with this powerful selection of quotes about authentic faith.
41. “What exactly are fake Christians, and how do we know when we see one?” — Tessa Hall
42. “The term fake Christian may bring to your mind an image of someone who is a hypocrite.” — Tessa Hall
43. “Fake Christians are those who quote the bible when it suits them & discard it when it contradicts their feelings.” — Gideon Odoma
44. “If a man says he is Christian, yet he has no problems knocking you up, having premarital sex or living in sin with you, then you have to ask yourself, What version of Christ does he believe in?” — Shannon L. Alder
45. “Although there are plenty of hypocritical Christians, we need to break this term down in order to accurately define what it means.” — Tessa Hall
46. “Sadly, posers aren’t just found in middle school; there are some who have crept into today’s church, pretending to be a Christian.” — Tessa Hall
47. “A pope is a fraud; a church is a lie. A queen is the same damn thing; you should pray to your fake god that she die.” — Killer Mike, Angel Duster
48. “One great way to mess with devout Christians and atheists would be if Jesus came back and said, By the way, you know I’m fake, right?” — Dana Gould
49. “While it may appear intolerant to say Jesus is the only way to God if you take the Bible seriously, that is the unambiguous position of the word of God.” — Gideon Odoma
50. “On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?” — Matthew 7:21-23
Live your best life
Instead of getting caught up in labels of who is fake and who is authentic, it is better to just live your best life.
Who has time to be worried about how other people identify themselves or what titles they prefer?
What is your opinion on the term fake Christian?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
By practicing the tips in this article, you’ll be a leader who stands out both in your work and personal life.
When life gets tough, just turn to these words of encouragement and you’ll feel better in no time.
Introduce yourself to some wise words and concepts that will provide inspiration or advice to help us fulfill our potential and allow us to live the life we were destined to live.
Responsibility represents a key attribute for men, women, and children, one that is fine-tuned over an extended period of time and tested constantly.
Check out these related quote articles:
Check out these Christian Hypocrisy quotes to see the importance of making sure your actions match your beliefs.
In times of struggle, stress, or self-doubt, lean on these powerful bible quotes to reignite your passion within.
These Tim Keller quotes are perfect if you want to learn more about Christianity or how to strengthen your faith.
If you have ever belonged to a great church or wanted to, these church quotes are perfect.