If you can’t get enough of the Time Lord, Dr. Who, you’ll enjoy the Doctor Who quotes below.
There are few shows that can expand multiple decades. Or to go off the air and then successfully come back again years later. But Doctor Who managed to do all that and more.
It’s the story of an extraterrestrial Time Lord that travels throughout space and time in human form. The show has successfully managed to continue due to the way the storyline writes in a change of the main character casting as Doctor Who regenerates when the current body is worn down. While fans of the show love them all, most have a favorite Doctor from the different seasons.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and funny Doctor Who quotes and sayings from the different seasons. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these memorable Princess Bride quotes from the 80s classic film.
Inspirational Doctor Who quotes
1. “The least important things, sometimes, my dear boy, lead to the greatest discoveries.” – Doctor Who
2. “The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.” – Doctor Who
3. “The way I see it every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.” – Doctor Who
4. “The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it’s a world, or a relationship… Everything has its time. And everything ends.” – Doctor Who
5. “One good solid hope’s worth a cart-load of certainties.” – Doctor Who
6. “Never run when you’re scared.” – Doctor Who
7. “We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” – Doctor Who
8. “What’s the point in two hearts if you can’t be a bit forgiving now and then?” – Doctor Who
9. “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.” – Doctor Who
10. “I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” – Doctor Who
You might also like these Hunger Games quotes you can’t help but remember.
Doctor Who quotes about life
11. “Good men don’t need rules.” – Doctor Who
12. “When you’re a kid, they tell you it’s all… Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that’s it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It’s so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.” – Doctor Who
13. “There’s always something to look at if you open your eyes!” – Doctor Who
14. “There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t be childish sometimes.” – Doctor Who
15. “Everything’s got to end sometime. Otherwise nothing would ever get started.” – Doctor Who
16. “This is who I am, right here, right now, all right? All that counts is here and now, and this is me!” – Doctor Who
17. “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” – Doctor Who
18. “Never be certain of anything. It’s a sign of weakness.” – Doctor Who
19. “You’re not gonna make the world any better by shouting at it!” – Doctor Who
Doctor Who quotes about finding a way
20. “Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” – Doctor Who
21. “There’s always a way out.” – Doctor Who
22. “Courage isn’t just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.” – Doctor Who
23. “Rest is for the weary, sleep is for the dead.” – Doctor Who
24. “Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.” – Doctor Who
25. “One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.” – Doctor Who
26. “You don’t just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand! You say no! You have the guts to do what’s right, even when everyone else just runs away.” – Doctor Who
27. “Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.” – Doctor Who
28. “Never run when you’re scared.” – Doctor Who
29. “Letting it get to you. You know what that’s called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now is all that counts.” – Doctor Who
Also read these memorable Hocus Pocus quotes from the 90s cult classic.
Funny Doctor Who quotes
30. “I’m over two thousand years old, I don’t always want to take the stairs.” – Doctor Who
31. “Do you think your bacon sandwich loves you back?” – Doctor Who
32. “Never ignore coincidence. Unless, of course, you’re busy. In which case, always ignore coincidence.” – Doctor Who
33. “Don’t get into a spaceship with a madman.” – Doctor Who
34. “I’m the Doctor. I’m a Time Lord. I’m from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I’m 903 years old, and I’m the man who’s gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?” – Doctor Who
35. “Oh, how to explain the mechanics of the infinite temporal flux? I know: Back to the Future. It’s like Back to the Future.” – Doctor Who
36. “Space, the final frontier. Final, because it wants to kill us.” – Doctor Who
37. “Tracked you down with this. This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there’s stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I’ve learned to stay away from hens. It’s not pretty when they blow.” – Doctor Who
38. “I met an emperor made of algae once. He fancied me.” – Doctor Who
39. “Penguin with its arse on fire.” – Doctor Who
40. “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.” – Doctor Who
More Doctor Who quotes
41. “There’s no point in being grown-up if you can’t be childish sometimes.” – Doctor Who
42. “Almost every species in the universe has an irrational fear of the dark. But they’re wrong. ‘Cause it’s not irrational.” – Doctor Who
43. “There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought.” – Doctor Who
44. “You know that in 900 years in time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.” – Doctor Who
45. “Superior intelligence and senseless cruelty just do not go together.” – Doctor Who
46. “A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.” – Doctor Who
47. “That’s how I see the universe. Every waking second I can see what is, what was, what could be, what must not. It’s the burden of a Time Lord, Donna, and I’m the only one left.” – Doctor Who
48. “That’s what I am: just a traveler. Imagine it: no tax, no bills, no boss. Just the open sky.” – Doctor Who
49. “You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!” – Doctor Who
50. “You can’t rule the world in hiding. You’ve got to come out on the balcony sometimes and wave a tentacle.” – Doctor Who
You might also like these inspirational Remember the Titans Quotes from the inspiring movie
Which of these Doctor Who quotes is your favorite?
If you enjoy science fiction topics then this is a show you’ll enjoy. You may not have followed the show from the beginning, you may not have even been around when it first came on the air. But there’s nothing stopping you from going back and enjoying season after season of Doctor Who.
Along with the show, there have been plenty of spinoffs from the original, so there are plenty of new things to explore and characters to get acquainted with. From adventure and science to fun and laughter, this is a show that you’re sure to enjoy.
Did you enjoy these Doctor Who quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section.
February 25, 2020 7:20 AM EST