These Hunger Games quotes will have you flashback to reading the books or watching the movies.
There are few series that grabbed the attention of the world like The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. They were loved so much that they were quickly turned into a movie series as well.
Are you a fan of The Hunger Games?
The story follows the main character Katniss. She lives in a world controlled by a government that forces children to fight to the death in a reality television show type setting. Katniss and Peeta, a boy from her local area, decide to take the game into their own hands which changes everything.
Don’t forget to also read these great Princess Bride quotes from the 80s classic film.
The Hunger Games quotes about people
1. “The idea of actually losing Peeta hit me again and I realized how much I don’t want him to die. And it’s not about the sponsors. And it’s not about what will happen back home. And it’s not just that I don’t want to be alone. It’s him. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread.” – The Hunger Games
2. “Gale gave me a sense of security I’d lacked since my father’s death. His companionship replaced the long solitary hours in the woods. I became a much better hunter when I didn’t have to look over my shoulder constantly, when someone was watching my back…Being out in the woods with Gale…sometimes I was actually happy.” – The Hunger Games
3. “Remember, we’re madly in love, so it’s all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.” – The Hunger Games
4. “My nightmares are usually about losing you. I’m okay once I realize you’re here.” – The Hunger Games
5. “I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don’t hurt anyone but myself.” – The Hunger Games
6. “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.” – The Hunger Games
7. “I’m not very good at making friends.” – The Hunger Games
8. “Our lives aren’t just measured in years, they’re measured in the lives of the people we touch around us.” – The Hunger Games
9. “You can’t turn out again. No. You can’t. Not like when Dad died. I won’t be there for her anymore, you’re all she has. And no matter what you feel, you’re going to be there for her, do you understand?” – The Hunger Games
You might also like these Star Trek quotes that will help you go where no man has before.
The Hunger Games quotes on life lessons
10. “Stupid people are dangerous.” – The Hunger Games
11. “As long as you can find yourself, you’ll never starve.” – The Hunger Games
12. “It takes ten times longer to put yourself back together than it does to fall apart.” – The Hunger Games
13. “Destroying things is much easier than making them.” – The Hunger Games
14. “Why don’t you just be yourself? … No one can help but admire your spirit.” – The Hunger Games
15. “Some walks you have to take alone.” – The Hunger Games
16. “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous.” – The Hunger Games
17. “Everything old can be made new again, like democracy.” – The Hunger Games
18. “You really wanna know how to stay alive? You get people to like you. Oh! Not what you were expecting. Well, when you’re in the middle of the games, and you’re starving or freezing, some water, a knife or even some matches can mean the difference between life and death. And those things only come from sponsors, and to get sponsors, you have to make people like you. And right now, sweetheart, you’re not off to a real good start.” – The Hunger Games
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of This Is Us quotes from the award-winning series.
The Hunger Games quotes on taking a stand
19. “Rue’s death has forced me to confront my own fury against the cruelty, the injustice they inflict upon us. But here, even more strongly than at home, I feel my impotence. There’s no way to take revenge on the Capitol. Is there?” – The Hunger Games
20. “I just don’t want to be another piece in their game, you know?” – The Hunger Games
21. “Our lives were never ours. They belong to Snow, and our deaths do too. But if you kill him, Katniss if you end all of this. All those deaths, they mean something.” – The Hunger Games
22. “I just keep wishing I could think of a way to show them that they don’t own me. You know, if I’m going to die, I want to still be me.” – The Hunger Games
23. “‘Safe to do what?’ he says in a gentler tone. ‘Starve? Work like slaves? Send their kids to the reaping? You haven’t hurt people – you’ve given them an opportunity. They just have to be brave enough to take it.” – The Hunger Games
24. “I never asked to be The Mockingjay. I just wanted to save my sister and keep Peeta alive.” – The Hunger Games
Don’t forget to also read these classic Hocus Pocus quotes
The Hunger Games quotes and movie lines
25. “Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.” – The Hunger Games
26. “I volunteer! I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!” – The Hunger Games
27. “Tonight. After the reaping, everyone is supposed to celebrate. And a lot of people do, out of relief that their children have been spared for another year. But at least two families will pull their shutters, lock their doors, and try to figure out how they will survive the painful weeks to come.” – The Hunger Games
28. “Now see that, I love that. Two young people holding their hands up saying, ‘I’m proud I come from District 12, we will not be overlooked.’ I love that!” – The Hunger Games
29. “Attention tributes, attention! Commencing at sunrise, there will be a feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion. Each of you needs something. Desperately. And we plan to be… generous hosts.” – The Hunger Games
30. “Fear does not work as long as they have hope, and Katniss Everdeen is giving them hope.” – The Hunger Games
31. “As I hike along, I feel certain I’m still holding the screen in the Capitol, so I’m careful to continue to hide my emotions. But what a good time Claudius Templesmith must be having with his guest commentators, dissecting Peeta’s behavior, my reaction. What to make of it all? Has Peeta revealed his true colors? How does this affect the betting odds? Will we lose sponsors? Do we even have sponsors? Yes, I feel certain we do, or did.” – The Hunger Games
32. “I stand there, feeling broken and small, thousands of eyes trained on me. There’s a long pause. Then, from somewhere in the crowd, someone whistles Rue’s four-note mocking-jay tune. The one that meant safety in the arena.” – The Hunger Games
33. “Miss Everdeen, it is the things we love most that destroy us.” – The Hunger Games
34. “We all have one enemy, and that’s President Snow. He corrupts everyone and everything. He turns the best of us against each other. Stop killing for him! Tonight turn your weapons to the Capitol, turn your weapons to Snow!” – The Hunger Games
More Hunger Games quotes
35. “I’ll let you got this one time! For Rue.” – The Hunger Games
36. “No one will forget me. Not my look, not my name. Katniss. The girl who was on fire.” – The Hunger Games
37. “I’m not allowed to bet, but if I could, I’d bet on you.” – The Hunger Games
38. “Everyone’s either going to want to liss you, kill you, or be you.” – The Hunger Games
39. “Of course, we’re fickle stupid beings, with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction. Although, who knows? Maybe this time, we’ll learn.” – The Hunger Games
40. “At first one, then another, then almost every member of the crowd touches the three middle fingers of their left hand to their lips and holds it out to me. It is an old and rarely used gesture of our district, occasionally seen at funerals. It means thanks, it means admiration, it means good-bye to someone you love.” – The Hunger Games
Also check out these inspirational quotes from Naruto about life, success and relationships.
Did you enjoy these Hunger Games quotes?
Are you a fan of The Hunger Games? Have you read the books and watched the movies? Were you sad when the series ended?
The movies take you through a range of emotions and keep you on your toes. It’s scary to think about a world where something like this could exist. If you haven’t read the book and watched the movie before, it’s one that you’re going to want to add to your list.
It’s hard not to put yourself in the shoes of Katniss as you read or watch and cheer her on as she works to take on the Capitol.
Which of these Hunger Games and lines is your favorite? Do you have any other quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.