Get ready for season 5 with these The Good Doctor quotes.
The Good Doctor is an American medical drama television series. It is based on the 2013 South Korean series, The Good Doctor. This series has a lot of drawbacks with buying the rights, the production, and creating its pilot episode.
After the back-and-forth that happened, it finally debuted on September 25, 2017, with Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios as its producer. In association with production companies Shore Z Productions, 3AD, and Entermedia.
This series follows the story of Shaun Murphy, a young autistic savant and a surgical resident at San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital. Each episode tackles different diseases and includes moments of law and business drama which gives its audiences a breather from the medical terms that come with the genre.
Brush up on your anatomy skills and get back to these The Good Doctor quotes anytime you want.
The Good Doctor Quotes You’re Sure to Remember
1. “Lesson one: don’t suggest to the head of surgery that working with the head of surgery is a form of punishment.” — Dr. Marcus Andrews
2. “That is a child’s dream. This is your life! This is my life, and it’d be more devastating to be resented by you than to have my heart broken.” — Jessica Preston
3. “I’m just informing you that there is no way I’m the only resident that you tried to intimidate into having sex with you.” — Dr. Claire Browne
4. “Why are you so hard on yourself? I’m sure you got made fun of a lot when you were a kid, and that leaves a mark. I know. But you gotta shake it off, rub some dirt on it. You’re never gonna be happy if you constantly live in fear.” — Lea
5. Dr. Shaun Murphy: “I conducted observations, successfully interpreted them, and logged them.”
Dr. Aaron Glassman: “Romance in a spreadsheet. I love it.”
6. “Tequila, stat!” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
7. “If a life skills coach can’t select a complimenting wardrobe, they lack life skills.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
8. “Beauty increases happiness. Happiness improves outlook.” — Dr. Isabel Barnes
9. “Social interactions will happen again and again and again. It’s statistically irrefutable. And if you learn how to get along with people a little bit better, you’ll have a fuller life. A happier life.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
10. “Being lonely and being alone are two different things.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
11. “Is fear of failure a good reason not to do this?” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
12. “I can’t always be there. I can’t always help you the way you need to be helped. The way you deserve to be helped.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
13. “I’m sorry. You were right. I publicly disrespected you, and so I thought it only right to publicly respect you. I am grateful for the chance to learn from you.” — Dr. Claire Browne
Short and Quick The Good Doctor Quotes
14. “Shaun, sometimes a woman wants advice and sometimes she just wants support.” — Dr. Claire Browne
15. “After working with Dr. Murphy, after challenging him in surgery and everywhere else, probably more than he deserved, I can tell you he has my complete confidence.”
— Dr. Neil Melendez
16. “A patient died because of something you did. I think it’s safe to say the one thing you are not is ‘fine.’” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
17. “You can’t love someone if they’re dead.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
18. “No, I don’t. I don’t want love.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
19. Dr. Jared Kalu: “It is dead in here.”
Dr. Claire Browne: “That’s why they call it the graveyard shift.”
20. “It’s not about how small or how big the venture is. It’s about doing something that’s yours.” — Dr. Jared Kalu
21. “False hope, Shaun. It’s just plain cruel.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
The Good Doctor Quotes From Your Favorite Episodes
22. “Not everyone who starts their day off with a mimosa fries their pancreas.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
23. “Nonsensical questions usually imply sarcasm, which I’ve found people often answer sarcastically.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
24. Dr. Neil Melendez: “Do you have any idea how unlikely it is to have two false positives?”
Dr. Shaun Murphy: “.03%.”
25. “Never contradict me in front of a patient again.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
26. “I’m not desperate. I’m confident. Which should make you feel better.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
27. “It’s your responsibility. You’re smart. You should be able to use your common sense. When somebody says something, you should figure out what they really mean. And when things don’t go exactly how you expected them, navigate that.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
28. “You always say exactly what’s on your mind. It’s the total opposite of most guys. It’s nice.” — Lea
29. “Are you trying to mock me or encourage me?” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
30. Dr. Shaun Murphy: “Hmm. Is it painful?”
Olivia Hartman: “Like I used a bowling ball for a tampon.”
More of The Good Doctor Quotes You Can’t Forget
31. Dr. Marcus Andrews: “How could a guy who can’t even shake a co-worker’s hand be comfortable doing a pelvic exam?”
Dr. Shaun Murphy: “People squeeze too hard. It hurts.”
32. “You’re all quarterbacks. And when training camp is over, there’s only gonna be one starter.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
33. “This isn’t my usual place in a speeding ambulance.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
34. “Running the ER is not a job for a third year even on days when there isn’t an earthquake.”
— Dr. Marcus Andrews
35. “Hearts are amazing things. I’ve held one in my hands many times. You’d never know by looking at them, but somehow they have all the room we need.” — Lim
36. “Patients die, Dr. Murphy. That’s something else we have to own.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
37. “I considered all the arguments. I want to be known as a good doctor, not a good autistic doctor. — Dr. Shaun Murphy
38. “There are 21 things this might be but they don’t want us to run 37 more tests.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
39. “Okay, I think Dr. Lim’s patient’s diagnosis is wrong, but I can’t prove it without information and I’m not allowed to talk to patients.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
40. “We’re tumor twins.” — Larry
41. “Buying a new vase is easy. Vacuuming up my grandmother’s ashes is not so easy.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
The Good Doctor Quotes From The Popular Series
42. “Molly. Right now your face is all anyone sees. This operation will let everyone see, not a new face, but what has always lay behind it.” — Dr. Claire Browne
43. “I’d like Javi to come and have sex with me. I think an orgasm would help calm me. Do the blinds close?” — Anna
44. “I have autism, which makes empathy very difficult. Does that mean I can’t be a good doctor?” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
45. “This isn’t the way this should have ended. But I’m not so sure the world is a worse place than it was a couple of hours ago.” — Morgan
46. “I need a friend more than I need space.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
47. “Everyone is dealing with something. We just have to love other people for who they are and hope they love us, too.” — Dr. Claire Browne
48. “Doctors make the worst patients. The best patients are the ones who ask a lot of questions, and keep an open mind.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
49. “You told me we can’t be boyfriend and girlfriend. We can still be friends with benefits. The benefit is, we would be living together.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
50. “Women in power are worse than men.” — Audrey Lim
This series received mixed reviews from critics, who have praised the lead actor’s performance but criticized its storylines. The portrayal of autism has also divided critics’ opinions.
Some criticism has occurred as many television shows try to address autism issues. Still, there is no “one size fits all” in defining characters on the spectrum.
Producers strive for realism in portraying characters with autism without clearly understanding the individuality of each person on the spectrum. It is always a razor’s edge. This series does an excellent job of presenting several characteristics of a person with an autism diagnosis.
The message of the series is inspiring, giving hope to people with limitations. Let these The Good Doctor quotes inspire you to achieve anything you desire.
October 6, 2021 8:00 AM EST