25 The Good Doctor Quotes from the First Four Seasons
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Get ready for season 5 with these The Good Doctor quotes.
The Good Doctor is an American medical drama television series.
It is based on the 2013 South Korean series, The Good Doctor.
This series has a lot of drawbacks with buying the rights, the production, and creating its pilot episode.
After the back-and-forth that happened, it finally debuted on September 25, 2017, with Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios as its producer.
In association with production companies Shore Z Productions, 3AD, and Entermedia.
This series follows the story of Shaun Murphy, a young autistic savant and a surgical resident at San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital.
Each episode tackles different diseases and includes moments of law and business drama which gives its audiences a breather from the medical terms that come with the genre.
Brush up on your anatomy skills and get back to these The Good Doctor quotes anytime you want.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
The Good Doctor quotes you’re sure to remember
1. “Tequila, stat!” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
You will also enjoy our article on Grey’s Anatomy quotes.
2. “Is fear of failure a good reason not to do this?” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
3. “Being lonely and being alone are two different things.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
4. “Beauty increases happiness. Happiness improves outlook.” — Dr. Isabel Barnes
5. “If a life skills coach can’t select a complimenting wardrobe, they lack life skills.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
6. “Lesson one: don’t suggest to the head of surgery that working with the head of surgery is a form of punishment.” — Dr. Marcus Andrews
7. “I’m just informing you that there is no way I’m the only resident that you tried to intimidate into having sex with you.” — Dr. Claire Browne
8. “I can’t always be there. I can’t always help you the way you need to be helped. The way you deserve to be helped.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
9. Dr. Shaun Murphy: “I conducted observations, successfully interpreted them, and logged them.”
Dr. Aaron Glassman: “Romance in a spreadsheet. I love it.”
10. “That is a child’s dream. This is your life! This is my life, and it’d be more devastating to be resented by you than to have my heart broken.” — Jessica Preston
11. “I’m sorry. You were right. I publicly disrespected you, and so I thought it only right to publicly respect you. I am grateful for the chance to learn from you.” — Dr. Claire Browne
12. “Social interactions will happen again and again and again. It’s statistically irrefutable. And if you learn how to get along with people a little bit better, you’ll have a fuller life. A happier life.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
13. “Why are you so hard on yourself? I’m sure you got made fun of a lot when you were a kid, and that leaves a mark. I know. But you gotta shake it off, rub some dirt on it. You’re never gonna be happy if you constantly live in fear.” — Lea
Short and quick The Good Doctor quotes
14. Dr. Jared Kalu: “It is dead in here.”
Dr. Claire Browne: “That’s why they call it the graveyard shift.”
15. “No, I don’t. I don’t want love.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
16. “You can’t love someone if they’re dead.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
17. “False hope, Shaun. It’s just plain cruel.” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
18. “Shaun, sometimes a woman wants advice and sometimes she just wants support.” — Dr. Claire Browne
19. “It’s not about how small or how big the venture is. It’s about doing something that’s yours.” — Dr. Jared Kalu
20. “A patient died because of something you did. I think it’s safe to say the one thing you are not is ‘fine.’” — Dr. Aaron Glassman
21. “After working with Dr. Murphy, after challenging him in surgery and everywhere else, probably more than he deserved, I can tell you he has my complete confidence.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of House MD quotes for medical drama fans.
The Good Doctor quotes from your favorite episodes
22. “Never contradict me in front of a patient again.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
23. “Not everyone who starts their day off with a mimosa fries their pancreas.” — Dr. Neil Melendez
24. Dr. Neil Melendez: “Do you have any idea how unlikely it is to have two false positives?”
Dr. Shaun Murphy: “.03%.”
25. “Nonsensical questions usually imply sarcasm, which I’ve found people often answer sarcastically.” — Dr. Shaun Murphy
This series received mixed reviews from critics, who have praised the lead actor’s performance but criticized its storylines.
The portrayal of autism has also divided critics’ opinions.
Some criticism has occurred as many television shows try to address autism issues.
Still, there is no “one size fits all” in defining characters on the spectrum.
Producers strive for realism in portraying characters with autism without clearly understanding the individuality of each person on the spectrum.
It is always a razor’s edge.
This series does an excellent job of presenting several characteristics of a person with an autism diagnosis.
The message of the series is inspiring, giving hope to people with limitations.
Let these The Good Doctor quotes inspire you to achieve anything you desire.