Are you a fan of the 80s classic fantasy film The Princess Bride?
We have curated some of the best Princess Bride quotes you can find, so you can relive the magic of the cult classic.
You will also enjoy our article on Vizzini quotes.
What’s your favorite scene from The Princess Bride?
Released in 1987, The Princess Bride is about Westley’s, a farmhand, pursuit of his true love Buttercup, and the cast of characters he meets along the way.
The vibrant cast includes Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Wallace Shawn, and Andre the Giant.
The Princess Bride takes a turn from other fantasy films and embraces its quirky, parodic brand of comedy.
This is one of the many reasons this film remains popular more than 30 years after its initial release.
Relive the tales of Westley, Buttercup, Miracle Max, and more in The Princess Bride quotes below.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Princess Bride quotes on love
1. “Keep your shirt on, and let me read.” – Grandpa (Peter Falk)
2. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” – Westley (Cary Elwes)
3. “You killed my love.” – Buttercup (Robin Wright)
4. “This is true love – you think this happens every day?” – Westley (Cary Elwes)
5. “When I was your age, television was called books.” – Grandpa (Peter Falk)
6. “They’re so perky, I love that.” – Miracle Max (Billy Crystal)
7. “We’ll never succeed. We may as well die here.” – Buttercup (Robin Wright)
8. “First things first, to the death.” – Prince Humperdinck (Chris Sarandon)
9. “They’re kissing again. Do we have to read the kissing parts?” – The Grandson (Fred Savage)
10. “I will never love again.” – Buttercup (Robin Wright)
Also check out these Doctor Who quotes throughout the seasons.
Princess Bride quotes on life
11. “Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” – The Man in Black (Cary Elwes)
12. “You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.” – Miracle Max (Billy Crystal)
13. “Get some rest. If you haven’t got your health, then you haven’t got anything.” – Count Rugen (Christopher Guest)
Don’t forget to also check out our list of The Little Mermaid quotes that will make you sing under the sea.
Princess Bride quotes on violence
14. “There will be blood tonight!” – Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patikin)
15. “You truly love each other and so you might have been truly happy. Not one couple in a century has that chance, no matter what the story books say. And so I think no man in a century will suffer as greatly as you will.” – Prince Humperdinck (Chris Sarandon)
16. “I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.” – Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patikin)
17. “Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.” – Dread Pirate Roberts (Cary Elwes)
18. “You mean, you’ll put down your rock and I’ll put down my sword, and we’ll try and kill each other like civilized people?” – The Man in Black (Cary Elwes)
19. “You never said anything about killing anyone.” – Fezzik (Andre the Giant)
20. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” – Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patikin)
You might also like these Remember the Titans Quotes and lines from the inspiring movie.
Relatable Princess Bride quotes
21. “Inconceivable!” – Vizzini (Wallace Shawn)
22. “My way’s not very sportsman-like.” – Fezzik (Andre the Giant)
23. “I told you I would always come for you. Why didn’t you wait for me?” – Westley (Cary Elwes)
24. “You can’t hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords. And when I say you are a coward it is only because you are one of the slimiest weaklings ever to walk the Earth!” – Buttercup (Robin Wright)
25. “That doesn’t leave much time for dilly-dallying.” – Westley (Cary Elwes)
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Thelma and Louise quotes from the unlikely classic film.
Who’s your favorite character from The Princess Bride?
The standout performance from The Princess Bride has to be from actor Cary Elwes.
To portray three characters within the same movie so effortlessly is a skill that cannot be overstated.
That diversity in Cary Elwes’ acting skill helped The Princess Bride become a well-known cult classic.
In your day-to-day life, don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
Remaining open to new experiences broadens your perspective and gives you a chance to diversify your skills.
Is there another movie that you would like us to feature?
Let us know below!