Donut quotes are quite popular throughout the world.
There might not be a person who could possibly deny the flavor, aroma, and satisfaction associated with a donut.
Apart from being extremely delicious, here are some other reasons for the unparalleled popularity of the donuts.
- You can eat donuts at any time – Although donuts are usually eaten for breakfast, there is no such rule that you can’t have them during any other time of the day.
- Donuts are cheap – Donuts are cheaper than most of the food you can buy at a confectionary store or bakery.
- Coffee and donuts go hand-in-hand – Coffee and donuts are the best buddies. Buying a coffee gives you an excuse to buy a couple of your favorite donuts.
- Donuts are easily available – You can buy donuts literally anywhere. For instance, you find donuts at gas stations, coffee shops, bakeries, grocery stores, etc.
- Donuts are available in endless flavors – The diversity of flavors and textures has made donuts one of the most lovable foods. You can even get a cream or jelly-filled donut.
If you’re a fan of donuts, these donut quotes will put a smile on your face.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Top 10 Donut Quotes
1. “I’d rather get a hot dog or a doughnut than write a song.” – John Prine
2. “The optimist sees the donut, the pessimist sees the hole.” – Oscar Wilde
3. “I owe it all to little chocolate donuts.” – John Belushi
You will also enjoy our article on coffee quotes.
4. “Don’t look at the hole in the doughnut. Look at the whole doughnut.” – Branch Rickey
5. “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.” ~ Joe Biden
6. “With a doughnut in each hand, anything is possible.” – Jameela Jamil
7. “Be sweet and honest always, but for God’s sake don’t eat my doughnuts!” – Emma Bunton
8. “You’re a cop. I need a doughnut.” – Jim Butcher
9. “I take the no-doughnut pledge, and then I break it.” – Lauren Graham
10. “Never eat a heavily sugared doughnut before you go on TV.” – John Cheever
You will also enjoy our article on Grease quotes.
Donut Quotes that are Simply Adorable
11. “I was going to go to church, but I decided to get doughnuts instead.” – Janet Evanovich
12. “Anyhow, the hole in the donut is at least digestible.” – H. L. Mencken
13. “Embrace the grease, if any, and look fresh and human. I like to look like a glazed doughnut.” – Paloma Elsesser
14. “I’m a little vague on the details but aren’t doughnuts just the most marvelous thing to ever come out of organised religion?” – Catherine Webb
15. “Reality is like a doughnut: Everything that is good and funny and juicy is outside the center, which is just emptiness.” – Olga Tokarczuk
16. “I have a doughnut every morning. The same kind, from a street cart. Vanilla frosted with sprinkles on one half, weirdly. How hard is it to sprinkle the whole thing?” – Allison Williams
17. “You go into any doughnut shop and look at three cops having coffee, I guarantee I look like one of them.” – Dean Norris
18. “Stephanie, I’m begging you. Eat some doughnuts. I can’t keep going like this.” – Janet Evanovich
19. “I still take my own lunches to work. That way I can control what I’m eating, as opposed to another doughnut.” – Marianne Jean-Baptiste
20. “I usually just get into a police character by drinking coffee and eating donuts, but those days are over.” – Matt Servitto
Donut Quotes you Can’t Resist
21. “I like freedom. I wake up in the morning and say, ‘I don’t know, should I have a popsicle or a donut?’ You know, who knows?” – Oscar Nunez
22. “I get a delivery of a diet food during the week, which doesn’t mean that I don’t eat the occasional Krispy Kreme doughnut.” – Lauren Graham
23. “I told Tantalus to go chase a doughnut.” – Rick Riordan
24. “Hello, donuts. You’re looking muffin today.” – Mindy Kaling
25. “I’m not going to work in a place where I can’t eat donuts.” – Kristen Ashley
26. “The donut is like the perfect special effect – it’s there when you need it and invisible when you don’t.” – Jaimie Warren
27. “Donuts are not just food, they’re an institution.” – Anthony Bourdain
28. “Delicious as an indulgence and as a “little bite of heaven.” – Elle Woods
29. “Much of my youth was spent in the parking lot or inside a Dunkin’ Donuts.” – Eli Roth
30. “Work hard and eat donuts. That’s my philosophy.” – Homer Simpson
Donut Quotes for Donut Lovers
31. “Donuts – Is there anything they can’t do?” – Matt Groening
32. “Whether you take the doughnut hole as a blank space or as an entity unto itself is a purely metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit.” – Murakami, Haruki
33. “New mysteries. New day. Fresh doughnuts.” – David Lynch
34. “As you ramble on through life, Brother, Whatever be your goal, Keep your eye upon the doughnut, And not upon the hole.” – Margaret Atwood
35. “Some people aren’t good at anything. Some people just really like donuts.” – Lisa Graff
36. “There’s always time for doughnuts.” – Homer Simpson
37. “My favorite thing about the human body is that we’re all basically doughnuts.” – Tyler Oakley
38. “Fresh popcorn is near impossible to resist, second only to fresh doughnuts.” – Shannon Wiersbitzky
39. “Krispy Kreme Doughnuts would be the best way to go” – Jennifer Asbenson
40. “If you stop eating donuts, you will live 3 years longer. It’s just 3 more years that you want a donut.” – Lewis Black
Donut Quotes to Make you Laugh
41. “America is at war. Go eat a donut.” – Chris Pratt
42. “Sure, beauty has the power to excite men. But so does a box of donuts.” – Susan Jane Gilman
43. “I don’t care about the weight. You know, I’m lucky; I’m one of those people – I can eat donuts, whatever, and I just get fat.” – Louis C. K
44. “That’s my favorite food group: donut. I love the donut.” – Laura Linney
45. “If I had all the money in the world, I’d still make movies. But I’d want them to pay me in donuts.” – Bruce Campbell
46. “Humans cannot live on coffee alone. That’s why donuts were invented!” – Unknown
47. “Life’s too short to wait in line for the best donuts.” – Unknown
48. “Happiness is a donut, and you deserve the best. Find your inner bliss.” – Unknown
49. “A donut in both hands is my idea of a well-balanced diet.” – Unknown
50. “Abs are cool, but have you ever tried donuts?” – Unknown
Did these donut quotes makes you hungry?
Donuts have been around for so long that archaeologists find what they believe to be evidence of them as far back as prehistoric Native American settlements.
However, the donut as we know it is said to have been invented in Manhattan when it was still known as New Amsterdam.
The first name that we know of for donuts was a dutch word that is translated to “oily cakes.”
And the donut has continued to change since then. There are now believed to be more than 30 different kinds of donuts, but that number varies based on who you ask.
Share your favorite kind of donut with us in the comments, and then share your favorite of these donut quotes on social media with friends and family.
September 28, 2022 8:00 AM EST