These brunch quotes will help answer all the important questions you have about brunch.
These might include “What are some brunch foods?” or “When is it brunch time?”
Let us know your favorite brunch quotes in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading brunch quotes?
This article will help you better define what brunch is, come up with some recipe ideas, and caption those perfect brunch shots on Instagram.
Brunch food is typically a compilation of breakfast foods with a few lunch items.
You might find eggs of all kinds on the menu, but especially those with meats like eggs benedict.
Lots of bready foods also usually make the list.
This could be French toast, pancakes, and waffles.
However, it might also include some light sandwiches.
On the sweeter side, there might be some pastries and danishes along with some fresh fruit.
Typically, this includes fruit like apples, berries, melons, and oranges!
Of course, according to a few of these brunch quotes, it can consist of anything—even leftovers or leftover foods as an ingredient in a different main dish.
Keep reading for some breakfast and brunch quotes from famous chefs!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Brunch quotes from famous or prestigious chefs
1. “I’m actually not really a breakfast person.” — Gordon Ramsay
You will also enjoy our article on food quotes.
2. “What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?” — Anthony Bourdain
3. “Brunch lends itself to feeling casual and laid-back, though it can definitely be a celebration.” — Gale Gand
4. “If eating and hosting brunch are about having a good time, making brunch should be a lot of fun, too.” — Gale Gand
5. “What I don’t like is breakfast in the morning. I have a double-espresso cappuccino, but no food.” — Wolfgang Puck
6. “Cooking breakfast and brunch professionally really kind of ruined breakfast service for me for a long time.” — Anthony Bourdain
7. “For me, brunch is such a versatile meal since you can play on both the sweet and savory in your dishes.” — Marcus Samuelsson
8. “Brunch, for me, is an extended breakfast that should be enjoyed whenever you have time properly to engage in cooking and eating.” — Yoram Ottolenghi
9. “Breakfast is always the best time for something juicy, sweet and fresh—it just feels like the right way to open the day. There’s no right way, though, when it comes to choosing the fruit.” — Yotam Ottolenghi
10. “Remember, brunch is only served once a week—on the weekends. Buzzword here, Brunch Menu. Translation? ‘Old, nasty odds and ends, and 12 dollars for two eggs with a free Bloody Mary.” — Anthony Bourdain
‘Brunch is’ quotes about the meal between breakfast and lunch
11. “Breakfast is a meal but brunch is a culture.” — Matt Basile
12. “Brunch is boring, but that’s part of the charm of it.” — Nicolas Berggruen
13. “Brunch is not a meal. Brunch is a competition. And I’m winning.” — Matt Bellisae
14. “Brunch is an opportunity to be a little naughty—or a lot extravagant—at the table.” — Kit Wohl
15. “Of many, brunch is a part of that tourist experience. If it’s relatively quick, it can be useful and fuel for doing other things.” — Shawn Micallef
16. “Brunch is such an odd thing. It was created by fat, lazy people who were too lazy to wake up at a reasonable hour and too fat to wait until the next proper time for dining.” — Brian South
17. “Brunch is something people get behind and believe in. It’s habitual, it’s comforting, and it has the power to let you indulge, allowing you to be you in the most liberating kind of way.” — Matt Basile
18. “Brunch is cheerful, sociable, and inciting. It is task compelling. It puts you in a good temper, it makes you satisfied with yourself and your fellow beings, it sweeps away the worries and cobwebs of the week.” — Peter Joseph
19. “The fact that brunch is not on the everyday ‘schedule’ in the same way breakfast, lunch, and dinner are gives it an air of spontaneous, devil-may-care, unstructured abandon that we all deserve to indulge in from time to time.” — Lonely Planet Food
20. “Sunday brunch is an easy, pleasant way to entertain a largish group, especially in the country. Americans who overslept invented the word brunch, but the ingredients and the casual atmosphere bear a strong resemblance to breakfast in an English country house or to a French midnight supper.” ― Joan Crawford, My Way of Life
Brunch quotes about alcohol and the pretentiousness of it all
21. “‘You’ll like brunch better.’ She was right. Brunch had mimosas.” ― Jen DeLuca, Well Met
22. “Brunch, singing siren songs of bacon, alcohol, and attractive-yet-aloof waitstaff.” — Rico Gagliano
23. “Brunch, a meal invented by rich white chicks to rationalize day drinking and binging on French toast.” — Caroline Kepnes
24. “Bloodies are the centerpiece of the Sunday Brunch—they are also, perhaps, the #1 Prep mixed drink.” ― Lisa Birnbach, The Official Preppy Handbook
25. “‘Brunch!’ scream chalkboards propped up outside every restaurant and cafe, in every city in the Western world, every weekend morning.” — Rico Gagliano
26. “A special meal, often leisurely, occasionally decadent. A meal that’s even celebrated by its own cocktails, such as the Bloody Mary or the Mimosa.” — Kit Wohl
27. “Ties were always my thing. When I was 18, on Sunday, when everyone was taking off for a casual day, I’d wear a suit to go have brunch.” — Albert Hammond, Jr.
28. “But these people are always gonna tell themselves that a little fascism is OK as long as they can still get unlimited drinks with brunch!” ― N. K. Jemisin, The City We Became
29. “Putting aside your blatant patriarchal biases in assuming the necessary presence of a male familial figurehead, yes, I had a nice brunch, thanks.” — Julie James, Practice Makes Perfect
30. “I like white people. They invented brunch. It’s great. Nobody had that market cornered before you guys. Shout out to white people. As I get older, I do a lot of white people things. Like I said, I like brunch, but what’s whiter than that is I write Yelp reviews about the brunch I go to.” — Quincy Jones
Funny brunch quotes that will make you laugh
31. “We are brunch hounds. We also like movie dates.” — Rob McClure
32. “I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch.” — Homer Simpson
33. “At a brunch potluck, I realize that I do, in fact, hate everybody.” — Lena Dunham
34. “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” — Robert Breault
35. “I’ll never forget how she told us. She took us all out to brunch, and she was like, ‘You guys, I’m keeping this one.’” — Amy Schumer
36. “Everyone loves brunch. Obviously, but you super-love brunch. You are so big into brunch that your middle name should be ‘Brunch.’” — Ryan North
37. “So, what’s the deal with brunch? I mean that if it’s a combination of breakfast and lunch, how comes there’s no lopper, or no liner?” — Janeane Garofalo
38. “Somewhere in the background of magnificence lurks the kitchen staff. But a magnificent person only forgets about his origins, never his brunch.” — Bouvard
39. “This horrible day-destroying meal was only invented in the first place, so restaurateurs could sell leftovers from the previous night’s dinner service before it rotted. So brunch is literally made of unloved things.” — Rico Gagliano
40. “All he said was, ‘Here, have your din fast. Then we can start packing.’ ‘Din fast,’ Nick repeated. ‘Dinner and breakfast!’ Alan said triumphantly. ‘Like brunch.’ Nick subjected him to a long, judgmental stare. ‘There’s something very wrong with you,’ he said at last. ‘I thought you should know.’” — Sarah Rees Brennan, The Demon’s Lexicon
Brunch quotes about breakfast, lunch, and everything in between
41. “I regard food as fuel. I am not a brunch person.” — David Rubenstein
42. “I love brunch because it’s breakfast and lunch. Why not.” — Lorena Garcia
43. “Brunch should feel like a treat, never an effort of rigid commitment.” — Lonely Planet Food
44. “I go light on breakfast. Sometimes it’s a yogurt, but a lot of times it’s leftovers from one of my wife’s dinners.” — Ice Cube
45. “More than any other time of the day, we look to breakfast and brunch to revive and refresh ourselves.” — Irma S. Rombauer
46. “By eliminating the need to get up early on Sunday, brunch would make life brighter for Saturday night carousers.” — Lonely Planet Food
47. “Some hot breakfast and brunch dishes such as eggs, pancakes, and waffles benefit from being served on heated plates.” — Irma S. Rombauer
48. “One of the main reasons I love breakfast and brunch so much is that it’s the one meal where you can eat dessert as your whole meal.” — Waylynn Lucas
49. “There is no other meal but brunch that can be stretched from 9 am until 5 pm, depending on who you are, your stage in life, and what your mood dictates.” — Lonely Planet Food
50. “Most brunches will call for just a single dinner plate to be placed at each place: for some foods, these may be heated in the kitchen and brought to the table with food on them after the guests are seated.” — Irma S. Rombauer
More details about brunch
As you might have guessed from these brunch quotes, alcohol is a pretty standard beverage for the meal that combines breakfast and lunch.
Enjoy that mimosa, and if you are really brave, try a different flavored one.
Here in Montana, we enjoy a huckleberry mimosa with brunch, and it is lovely!
Although, you shouldn’t focus just on alcohol and ignore some of the more traditional breakfast beverages—especially coffee!
Since alcohol is often involved, the time for brunch is not early in the morning.
Brunch usually happens between 11:00 and 1:30.
Brunch can be a fun way to get a few people together.
If you are looking at hosting brunch, this article from the Food Network has some great tips to help you pull it all together!
The last thing to answer is what to wear to brunch!
If it is a casual let’s hang out type of event, then jeans and a trendy t-shirt should work.
If it is a bit more formal, stick to a cute dress or skirt!
Keep in mind the venue where brunch is being held, and use your best judgment!
What are some of your favorite things about brunch?
Or do you think it is overrated and snobby, like some of the brunch quotes suggest?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
September 14, 2022 9:00 AM EST