Fly high with these enlightened eagle quotes.
For many cultures, the eagle represents an animal that is strong in spirit, determined, bold, and aggressive.
People have encouraged us to “rise like an eagle” or “soar like an eagle” to motivate others to challenge themselves to be their best.
Tell us your favorite eagle quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these eagle quotes?
The eagle is often portrayed at the top of the avian hierarchy because of their dominant nature, agility, and power.
There are 60 different breeds of eagles soaring in the skies of our world.
They build their large nests in trees set on high cliffs, giving them the best vantage point for spotting delicious things to eat.
Eagles have many interesting traits and qualities, including:
- great eyesight (they can spot the smallest prey hiding in the brush from miles up in the sky.)
- strength (their grip is ten times that of a human grip.)
- having no animal predators
Leadership eagle quotes
1. “Rise up and adopt an eagle mentality.” — Germany Kent
2. “Eagles don’t live in a chicken coop.” — Tamerlan Kuzgov
3. “Fate is not an eagle, it creeps like a rat.” — Elizabeth Bowen
4. “Don’t quack like a duck, soar like an eagle.” — Ken Blanchard
5. “Never judge an eagle by the opinion of turkeys.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
6. “When you soar like an eagle, you attract the hunters.” — Milton S. Gould
7. “When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.” — Winston Churchill
8. “A strong woman is like an eagle, against the strong winds she soars.” — Gift Gugu Mona
9. “The whole wide ether is the eagle’s way: The whole earth is a brave man’s fatherland.” — Euripedes
10. “If a bird believes it is an eagle long enough, it will eventually end up soaring like one.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
Inspirational eagle quotes
11. “The eagle flies in the sky, but nests on the ground.” — Albanian proverb
12. “The eagle has no liberty; he only has loneliness.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
13. “Walk with wolves. Run with lions. Soar with eagles.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
14. “An eagle never loses sleep over a turkey’s sentiments.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
15. “One day as an eagle is better than a thousand years as a turkey.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
16. “If you want to soar like an eagle in life, you can’t be flocking with the turkeys.” — Warren Buffett
17. “The eagle suffers little birds to sing, and is not careful what they mean thereby.” — William Shakespeare
18. “Let the kite perch and let the eagle perch too—If one says no to the other, let his wing break.” — Chinua Achebe
19. “How foolish are you to offer a ladder to an eagle that has the ability to fly over the clouds” — P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
20. “Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes.” — E. F. Schumacher
21. “Around, around, in ceaseless circles wheeling. With clangs of wings and scream, the Eagle sailed.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
22. “Be innocent like a dove, strong like an ostrich, fierce like a hawk, wise like an owl, and swift like an eagle.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
23. “It’s a great event to get outside and enjoy nature. I find it very exciting no matter how many times I see bald eagles.” — Karen Armstrong
Eagle quotes about life
24. “There is an eagle in me that wants to sour.” — Carl Sandburg
25. “Pilots, not eagles, attend flight school.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
26. “It is in the stormiest skies that eagles find their true calling.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
27. “Turbulence breaks a tree’s branches, but only tickles an eagle’s wings.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
28. “The eagle may rule the sky, but the lion will always rule the juggle.” — Mwanandeke Kindembo
29. “Eagles commonly fly alone. They are crows, daws, and starlings that flock together.” — John Webster
30. “The eagle that soars in the upper air does not worry itself how it is to cross rivers.” — Gladys Aylward
31. “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
32. “Don’t be a pigeon if you were born to be an eagle. Experience God’s altitude for your life.” — Myles Munroe
33. “The eagle in the sky does not know that those on the ground are looking at him.” — Yoruban proverb
34. “The blue sky is the limit—build your own house… The Eagle, not the oyster, is the emblem of America.” — Anonymous
35. “I have come to ground you,” the storm threatened. “I will rise above you,” the defiant eagle replied.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
36. “The most amazing lesson in aerodynamics I ever had was the day I climbed a thermal in a glider at the same time as an eagle.” — Norman Foster
37. “The wings of an eagle weigh little compared to the mass of its body, but they are these wings which allow that eagle to resist the strong winds and to overcome them.” — Bruce Mbanzabugabo
38. “As an eagle, weary after soaring in the sky, folds its wings and flies down to rest in its nest, so does the shining Self enter the state of dreamless sleep, where one is freed from all desires.” — Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
Success eagle quotes
39. “We are eagles of one nest… the nest is in our soul.” — Led Zeppelin
40. “You know, I am an eagle, flying around in the mountains.” — Link Ray
41. “You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.” — William Henry Hudson
42. “Each man is good in His sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows.” — Sitting Bull
43. “The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn of the crow.” — William Blake
44. “The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.” — John Benfield
45. “The sky’s dangers offer the eagle more opportunities than the nest’s comfort.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
46. “How foolish are you to offer a ladder to an eagle that has the ability to fly over the clouds.” — P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
47. “The chief is the chief. He is the eagle who flies high and cannot be touched by the spit of the toad.” — Mobutu Sese Seko
48. “A very great vision is needed and the man who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky.” — Ta ‘Shunke Witko
49. “I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character… like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy.” — Benjamin Franklin
Eagle quotes in the Bible
50. “Put the trumpet to your lips! An eagle is over the house of the Lord because the people have broken my covenant and rebelled against my law.” — Hosea 8:1
Like all things, the eagle comes with both positive and negative
The famous American statesmen Benjamin Franklin expressed dismay at the eagle being picked as the national bird and symbolic animal of the United States.
He once said, “I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character… like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy.”
Eagles have some fantastic qualities about them.
Still, they are also predatorial animals who bully, steal, and other exploit birds.
A bald eagle is a misnomer.
Eagles aren’t actually “bald.”
They have white feathers on their heads.
A long time ago, the eagle was called the piebald eagle, which means “white-headed” eagle.
People shortened the name to the bald eagle; the rest is history.
Keep flying high!
If you found this article interesting please share it on social media!
December 29, 2022 8:00 AM EST