If you or someone you know has dealt with Endometriosis, these Endometriosis quotes may bring you comfort.
Endometriosis is a disorder that is often painful.
It causes the tissue that would typically grow inside a uterus to grow outside the uterus.
You might also like these related articles:
This disorder mainly affects the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and tissues around the pelvis, which in some cases, can make it harder to get pregnant.
You are more susceptible to Endometriosis if:
- There is a history of endometriosis in your family
- You begin menstruating before the age of 11
- Your cycle is shorter than the “normal” 28-day cycle
Here are some symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Severe pain during sex, periods, or bowel movements
- Abdominal bloating
- Pelvic pain
- Difficulty becoming pregnant
Take a look at these Endometriosis quotes to see if you can relate to these quotes.
Relatable Endometriosis Quotes
If you have endometriosis, these quotes will sound familiar.
1. “I felt like a part of me was broken” — Jaime King
2. “Find a doctor you trust, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.” — Bethenny Frankel
3. “As twisted as it sounds, I was so happy that I had received a diagnosis.” — Bethay Stahl
4. “I was 19 when I went to see my doctor, and I was told it was all in my mind.” — Hilary Mantel
5. “I began to realize that I knew more about endometriosis than my doctor did.” — Bethany Stahl
6. “I feel like I’ve been in a car crash after I’ve been on my period; it’s not normal.” — Molly-Mae
7. “When my endometriosis becomes this bad, it’s like repeated baseball bats to my stomach.” — Jessie Madrigal
8. “Day three of endo-induced migraine from clenching teeth due to cramps… even my ear hurts.” — Padma Lakshmi
9. “It’s all about starting this conversation. I want to be a voice and a person who can help women.” — Julianne Hough
10. “Finding out that I had endo was the most bittersweet moment because it meant I wasn’t crazy! I wasn’t a ‘baby!’” — Halsey
Insightful Endometriosis Quotes
More women are starting to share their personal experiences with endometriosis to help other women not feel alone in their struggles.
11. “Hopefully in the next couple generations … they’re going to have the right treatments, and this will no longer be an issue.” — Molly Qerim
12. “The only thing that troubled me more than being a mystery was the realization that I was also the one who had to solve it.” — Abby M. Norman
13. “If my pain had no tangible source, that just meant my mind was more powerful than I was, and it didn’t want me to be happy, ever.” — Lena Dunham
14. “I didn’t want the next generation of women to go through what I went through, to feel betrayed by their own bodies or to feel alone.” — Padma Lakshmi
15. “You’ve survived 100 percent of everything in your life so far, so there’s a pretty good chance that you’ll survive whatever is next.” — Timber Hawkeye
16. “It doesn’t manifest externally very often; the symptoms just look like a pair of sweatpants and a Charlize Theron–in–Monster–level grimace.” — Lena Dunham
17. “When all you know is pain you don’t know that that is not normal. It is not a woman’s lot to suffer, even if we’ve been raised that way.” — Susan Sarandon
18. “My approach to [endometriosis] is not ignoring and suppressing it—being like, ‘I’m fine, I’m fine!—but actually just owning it and embracing it.” — Julianne Hough
19. “I think it’s really important that someone is there encouraging you, rooting you on, saying you’re not alone, helping you feel stronger and more powerful.” — Tia Mowry
20. “Once my pain came back with a vengeance just a few short months after my diagnostic lap and I learned the truth about ablation and care under a general OBGYN, I was so angry.” — Laura, Endo Girls
Chronic Pain and Endometriosis Quotes
Those with endometriosis who experience chronic pain will appreciate the following quotes.
21. “Our strength grows out of our weaknesses.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “The body does not give up on us, so we can’t give up on it.” — Paula Abdul
23. “When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
24. “I don’t believe in pain management anymore. I believe in trying to cure persistent pain.” — Dr. Moskowitz
25. “You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about your business of living. That’s how I have done it. There’s no other way.” — Elizabeth Taylor
26. “Acceptance doesn’t mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there’s got to be a way through it.” — Michael J. Fox
27. “Chronic pain is not all about the body, and it’s not all about the brain—it’s everything. Target everything. Take back your life.” — Sean Mackey, MD, PhD
28. “Pain is always accompanied by emotion and meaning so that each pain is unique to the individual.” — Patrick Wall
29. “Laughter truly is medicine. Though this won’t fix everything, finding ways to smile and laugh more will change your body’s chemistry in many positive ways.” — Dr. Neil Pearson
30. “For those who are chronically ill and in chronic pain: Have you had the experience of doctors not listening to you? If so, how do you not tear their heads off with your bare hands?” —Sarah Hyland
Infertility and Endometriosis Quotes
Infertility is a challenge that many with endometriosis experience.
31. “Infertility is not the endpoint in the yearning to be parents.” — Margarita Martinez Meza
32. “Sometimes it’s hard to see the rainbow when there’s been endless days of rain.” — Christina Greer
33. “I thought that because my womb didn’t work the way I was taught it should work, I was broken.” — Jaime King
34. “Learn to see the gift in adversity. By doing this, you will begin to find true peace in your struggle.” — Stacey Urrutia
35. “Just because someone is blessed to have one child doesn’t mean that secondary infertility is an easy pill to swallow.” — Nikki Parnell
36. “I learned that all pain and loss is, in fact, a gift. Having miscarriages taught me that I had to mother myself before I could be a mother to someone else.” — Beyonce
37. “It’s not that motherhood is out of reach; it’s that it’s just out of reach. It’s not that motherhood didn’t happen; it’s that it almost did and, in fact, still could.” — Alexandra Kimball
38. “Infertility often comes with grief and loss. You have to let go of the vision of how long the journey will be and learn to flow and become stronger through the process.” — Halle Tecco
39. “I hope every woman out there who wants to be a mother and is suffering with infertility will explore all the options and know that if you choose the science route, it is okay.” — Cindy Margolis
40. “Anyone that’s been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain, and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility.” — Nicole Kidman
Additional Endometriosis Quotes
If you’ve never experienced endometriosis, you’ll get a better understanding of it in the following quotes.
41. “It is not easy to talk about a condition once dismissed as ‘the career women’s disease’. But women will continue to suffer until we realize the cost of ignoring it.” — Hilary Mantel
42. “We need to do more to continue to raise the visibility of [endometriosis] to get the medical profession to really buckle down and provide the support and services, and we need federal action.” — Hillary Clinton
43. “Diagnosis of endometriosis is challenging due to the absence of a convenient laboratory test, which has resulted in a nearly seven to ten year delay from the onset of symptoms to definitive diagnosis.” — Hannah Echols
44. “Help her to remove the taboos and the loneliness surrounding this disease; be understanding, show empathy, and don’t accuse her of being sensitive, delicate, or overly dramatic—this is a big opportunity for you guys to show that you care and to be a real man.” — Susan Sarandon
45. “I can give you medicine to stop your periods; I can give you birth control pills; I can give you pain meds; I can cut it out with surgery. But we haven’t figured out the why, and once we start figuring out the why, we’ll be able to design targeted approaches for treatment.” — Dr. Allison K. Rodgers
A Few More Quotes About Endometriosis
If you want to know about endometriosis, keep reading.
46. “It’s an unrecognized problem among teenage girls, and it’s something that every young woman who has painful menstruation should be aware of… it’s a condition that is curable if it’s caught early. If not, if it’s allowed to run on, it can cause infertility, and it can really mess up your life.” — Hilary Mantel
47. “It’s a bittersweet feeling to finally name what ails you after so long. On the one hand, it’s a relief because you can finally take action. On the other, endometriosis can feel overwhelming. There isn’t enough useful information about it, nothing that encapsulates its all-encompassing nature or defines the all-involving path to recovery.” — Amy Stein
48. “Endometriosis is not life-threatening. I know I’m lucky in the grand health scheme, but I also know that I am one of many women who grasp for a sense of consistent well-being, fight against the betrayals of their bodies, and who are often met with skepticism by doctors trained to view painful periods as a lot of women who should learn to grin and bear it.” —Lena Dunham
49. “I thought I was alone because no one I knew personally had dealt with this. And then I realized: I’d never seen someone African-American in the public eye talking about endometriosis or their struggles with infertility—and when you don’t know or see anyone else who looks like you talking about what you’re going through, you feel alone and suffer in silence.” — Tia Mowry-Hardrict
50. “No one likes to get her period, but when your femininity carries with it such pain and consistent physical and emotional strife, it’s hard not to feel that your body is betraying you. The very relationship you have with yourself and your person is tainted by these ever-present problems.” — Padma Lakshmi
Are There Treatments for Endometriosis?
Thankfully there are treatments for Endometriosis, such as:
- Birth Control, which can help reduce the pain and flow of periods
- Taking hormones to stop your menstrual cycle
- Pain relief medications that can be purchased over the counter, such as anti-inflammatory drugs
Share these Endometriosis quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about Endometriosis in the comment section below.