These loyalty quotes show that loyalty is one of the most important qualities in a person.
In the comments below, share your thoughts on this.
Along with honesty, loyalty is one of the most important qualities you can have.
It is one of the traits that people value in relationships – whether romantic, friendship or business.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study published in the journal Social Behavior and Personality found that loyalty is one of the most valued traits in a romantic partner, with 70% of participants indicating that loyalty was essential to a successful relationship.
This highlights the importance of loyalty in our intimate relationships.
Staying true and sticking by the people and things you care about is the best thing you can do for yourself, and those who matter to you.
By being faithful, it shows that we value our relationships and that we want them to last for a long time.
But although so many good things happen when we remain true to each other, not many people make it a priority or give loyalty the credit it deserves.
Staying loyal to the people and the things that matter to you is one way to make good use of your Everyday Power.
To help you on that front, below are some powerful, inspirational, and thought-provoking loyalty quotes, loyalty sayings, and loyalty proverbs to remind us of the power of being faithful.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Loyalty quotes on the power of being faithful
According to a survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal, loyalty is the most important factor in building customer loyalty and retention.
This suggests that businesses and organizations can benefit greatly from cultivating a culture of loyalty among their customers and employees.
1. “Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on trust no one quotes.
2. “The only true test of loyalty is fidelity in the face of ruin and despair.” – Eric Felten
You will also enjoy our article on respect quotes.
3. “My whole thing is loyalty. Loyalty over royalty; word is bond.” – Fetty Wap
4. “Where there is loyalty, weapons are of no use.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on sacrifice quotes.
5. “Loyalty will always be found in the things you regret because it mattered.” – Shannon L. Alder
You will also enjoy our article on Trust Issues quotes.
6. “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
You will also enjoy our article on Kim Possible quotes.
7. “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.” – Confucius
8. “Loyalty is earned, my dear, not commanded.” – Terry Goodkind
9. “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day- by- day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
10. “Loyalty publicly results in leverage privately.” – Andy Stanley
Loyalty quotes to remind of its importance
A study published in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Review found that loyalty is a key component of group cohesion and social identity, helping to foster a sense of belonging and shared values.
This underscores the importance of loyalty in our social relationships and communities.
11. “Love and loyalty run deeper than blood.” – Richelle Mead
12. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.” – Zig Ziglar
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
13. “Great leaders inspire incredible loyalty in their followers and subordinates.” – Joe Lonsdale
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
14. “What I value most in my friends is loyalty.” – David Mamet
15. “I’ll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty.” – Samuel Goldwyn
You will also enjoy our article on ride or die quotes.
16. “Loyalty is a 24-hour proposition, 24/7. It’s not a part-time job.” – Jonathan Moyo
17. “Loyalty that is bought with money, may be overcome by money.” – Seneca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
18. “If put to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.” – Elbert Hubbard
19. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” – Ernie Banks
20. “Loyalty is a characteristic trait. Those who have it, give it free of charge.” – Ellen J. Barrier
Loyalty quotes on what it means
21. “The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend.” ― Stephen Richards
22. Loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I’ll like it or not.” – General Colin Powell
23. “I don’t care a damn about men who are loyal to the people who pay them.” – Graham Greene
24. “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart – the center of self-respect and human dignity.” – Maurice R. Franks
25. “Loyalty is a decision, a resolution of the soul.” – Pascal Mercier
26. “Loyalty to the family must be merged into loyalty to the community, loyalty to the community into loyalty to the nation, and loyalty to the nation into loyalty to mankind.” – Thomas Cochrane
27. “It isn’t an easy thing to give your loyalty to someone you don’t know.” – Megan Turner
28. “It takes a loyal gardener to tend roses.” – Sondra Fayr
29. “Can’t be loyal to everyone, it’s a conflict of interest.” – Tyconis Allison
30. “Your loyalty to friends and family should have no limit.” – Bohdi Sanders
Powerful loyalty quotes
31. “Loyalty isn’t grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” – Sharnay
32. “Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.” – Morihei Ueshiba
33. “Don’t let your loyalty become slavery. If they don’t appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone.” –
34. “We owe to each other a terrible and tragic loyalty.” – G.K. Chesterson
35. “Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.” – Martin Luther
36. “You stayed because you were loyal to your family name. It is not cowardice.” – Cassandra Clara
37. “Within the hearts of men, loyalty and consideration are esteemed greater than success.” – Bryant H. McGill
38. “If a man asks me for my loyalty…I will give him my honesty. If a man asks me for my honesty…I will give him my loyalty!” – John Boyd
39. “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.” – Carrol Bryant
40. “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” – Taylor Lautner
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these good man quotes that will inspire you to do your best.
Inspirational loyalty quotes
41. “A person who deserves my loyalty receives it.” – Joyce Maynard
42. “Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.”
43. “I always think loyalty’s such a tiresome virtue.” – Agatha Christie
44. “You give loyalty, you’ll get it back. You give love, you’ll get it back.” – Tommy Lasorda
45. “Loyalty is a fine quality, but in excess it fills political graveyards.” – Neil Kinnock
46. “You stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they’d do the same for you.” – Yogi Berra
47. “Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.” – Edwin Louis Cole
48. “The test of good citizenship is loyalty to country.” – Bainbridge Colby
49. “My honor is my loyalty.” – Heinrich Himmler
50. Total loyalty is possible only when fidelity is emptied of all concrete content, from which changes of mind might naturally arise.” – Hannah Arendt
Loyalty quotes that will challenge your perspective
51. “Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” – Ada Velez-Boardley
52. “What you can’t buy is the loyalty that comes through our dedicated crewmembers.” – David Neeleman
53. “One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.” – Simone Elkeles
54. “If you aren’t loyal to the few you won’t be blessed with the many.” ― Orrin Woodward
55. “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” – Confucius
56. “Loyalty is what makes us trust. Trust is what makes us stay. Staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.” – Glenn van Dekken
57. “Loyalty is still the same, whether it win or lose the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.” – Samuel Butler
58. “Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty.” – Minna Antrim
59. “Loyalty is my biggest thing.” – Tony Yayo
60. “If you’re not loyal to your team, you can get by for a while, but eventually you will need to rely on their loyalty to you, and it just won’t be there.” – Tim Schafer
More loyalty quotes and sayings
61. “You cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” – Clarence Francis
62. “Better to have one woman on your side than ten men.” – Robert Jordan
63. “The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.” – Anonymous
64. “What makes a woman beautiful is her loyalty to and her friendships with other women, and her honesty with men.” – Vanessa Marcil
65. “I may not be the kind of person you want me to, but I will always be there for you.” – Alfusainey Jallow
66. “Men are only loyal to that which will benefit them.” – Brian Kochman
67. “Loyalty is everything, but everything isn’t loyal.” – Terrance McAllister
68. “You’d be surprised how rare loyalty is, sometimes.” – Zoe Sugg
69. “It is never long before identity is reduced to loyalty.” – Leon Wieseltier
70. “You can’t be loyal to others if you’re not loyal to your own nature first.” – Tor Seidler
Loyalty Quotes To Make You Stay True To Yourself
71. “True loyalty is proven, not proclaimed.” — Craig Groeschel
72. “Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable, than loyalty.” — Cicero
73. “The whole point of loyalty was not to change: stick with those who stuck with you.” — Larry McMurtry
74. “As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important.” — Bindi Irwin
75. “[My mom told me] to always be loyal and treat someone how you want to be treated. Find someone that you can love and that’s going to be your best friend.” — Paris Hilton
76. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” — Mario Puzo
77. “Loyalty is a continuous phenomenon, you don’t score points for past actions.” — Natasha Pulley
78. “Unless you can find some sort of loyalty, you cannot find unity and peace in your active living.” — Josiah Royce
79. “Loyalty is my motto. When I give my word, you can trust me.” — Philippa Gregory
80. “Be loyal to those who are not present. In doing so, you build the trust of those who are present.” — Stephen Covey
Loyalty Quotes To Become Trustworthy
81. “Loyalty is hard to come by in this life. You need to take it from those who have always proven they’re willing to give it to you.” — Bethany-Kris
82. “I vow to you now that for as long as I have your loyalty, that you shall have mine, complete, devout and resolute as it is.” — Matthew Lewis
83. “Those who benefit from the blessings of success are the faithful and loyal ones.” — Dag Heward-hills
84. “To be selfish is to strive to achieve the best that is possible to you. To be selfish is to remain loyal to your ideals.” — Peter Schwartz
85. “In a world with no rules and filled with uncertainty, trust must play a critical role in relationships. Loyalty must be the foundation of everything.” — S.K. Lee
96. “But as satisfaction improves beyond simply meeting expectations, all the way to exceeding expectations, loyalty naturally rises—exponentially.” — Matthew Dixon
87. “The game is my life. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.” — Michael Jordan
88. “Some people undermine the importance of confidence in employees. You should realize that confidence attracts investments, effort, commitment and loyalty.” — Daniel Brush
89. “I came up with seven strategies that had always served me well: self-worth, focus, resilience, empathy, loyalty, forgiveness, and most important, optimism.” — Leeza Gibbons
90. “Trust is the key, and loyalty is the virtue of being trustworthy. We celebrate loyalty even though we may sometimes despair of experiencing it.” — Eric Felten
Loyalty Quotes on Importance of Faithfulness
91. “Loyalty is not something that can be bestowed, earned, or purchased. It is something that is freely given, as a gift of the heart.” ― Richelle Mead
92. “Loyalty is what makes a relationship more than just a physical and emotional connection. It is the spiritual bonding that cements your commitment to each other.” ― Dr. Steve Maraboli
93. “Loyalty is what we seek in friendship, not because we are weak, but because we are strong enough to admit that we need it.” ― J.R. Ward
94. “Loyalty is not a word. It’s a state of mind.” ― Leo Tolstoy
95. “The greatest gift you can give someone is your loyalty.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
96. “Loyalty is not grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” ― Sharni Vinson
97. “Loyalty is what makes a relationship work, whether it’s a friendship or a romantic partnership.” ― Nicholas Sparks
98. “Loyalty is the most important quality in a person.” ― Giorgio Armani
99. “Loyalty is the foundation of any strong and lasting relationship.” ― Robert Greene
100. “Loyalty is not won by being first. It is won by being last. It is won by the last act of trust and the last ounce of sacrifice.” ― J.R. Ward
Loyalty Quotes to Show How Vital It Is
101. “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me–they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” ― Veronica Roth
102. “We have to recognise that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” ― Cornel West
103. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” ― James Herriot
104. “We men and women are all in the same boat, upon a stormy sea. We owe to each other a terrible and tragic loyalty.” ― G.K. Chesterton
105. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” ― Haniel Long
106. “Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
107. “But what are loyalty and caring really worth?” “To me? Everything.” ― Richelle Mead
108. “Loyalty was a great thing, but no lieutenants should be forced to choose between their leader and a circus with elephants.” ― Neil Gaiman
109. “Besides, if you are who you claim to be, that makes you my true queen. Therefore, you have my loyalty.” ― Marissa Meyer
110. “The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith.” ― Confucius
Loyalty Quotes To Provoke Your Thoughts
111. “Just because a person is young doesn’t mean that being loyal to someone isn’t important. And it still hurts if someone isn’t loyal to you.” ― C.C. Hunter
112. “His loyalty, so fierce and unwavering, makes my eyes water and heart ache.” ― Emily Giffin
113. “Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue – perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one.” ― Milan Kundera
114. “So don’t start believing that skill is all it takes to stay at the top. Loyalty plays its dirty hand too, and it is a fickle, ever-changing thing.” ― Chloe Gong
115. “Sometimes we’re loyal to more than one thing. When there’s a conflict, we have to choose which loyalty to honor.” ― Claudia Gray
116. “I will be loyal to my Clan above everything. What I want doesn’t matter. The Clan must always come first.” ― Erin Hunter
117. “And loyalty is a valued commodity. It can be sold . . . not bought, but sold.” ― Frank Herbert
118. “A wife’s loyalty is tested when her husband has nothing. A husband’s loyalty is tested when he has everything.” ― Habeeb Akande
119. “They say a woman’s loyalty only lasts as long as it takes her to hang up and dial again.”
― Kim Gatlin
120. “Loyalty, especially within a family, is like an invisible web of unwritten rules that weaves your family together.” — Karen Gail Lewis
121. “But you must persuade gently, in a way that wins people’s lasting respect, loyalty, and friendship, in a way that strengthens rather than hurts your personal relationships.” — Gene Bedell
122. “Loyalty is the will to manifest, so far as is possible, the Eternal, that is, the conscious and superhuman unity of life, in the form of the acts of an individual Self.” — Douglas Waples
123. “Loyalty is the fabric of society. Yet, we are living in a generation that has incredible indifference to, and difficulty in establishing, loyalty.” — Gary Ryan Blair
124. “Money can buy you labor, but not its loyalty.” — M.K. Soni
125. “Accomplished leaders build and sustain brand loyalty by delivering on their promises.” — Ashley Sheetz
126. “As a society, we are losing the sense of one of the most important principles in our lives, all because we’ve simply fallen out of practice. The principle that binds us together is loyalty.” — Timothy Keiningham
127. “As a leader, creating an environment where loyalty and trust is bred into your team will serve to make your subordinates work effectively with each other and for you.” — Phil Moody
128. Equal laws protecting equal rights…the best guarantee of loyalty and love of country.” — James Madison
129. “Loyalty is not unilateral. You have to give it to receive it.” — Pat Summitt
Which of these loyalty quotes was your favorite?
Loyalty is one of the hardest things to get and to give.
It is not earned quickly, but can be lost quickly.
Loyalty is important because we know who is there for us and who is not.
Loyalty is when we protect each other’s interests, feelings, or assets even when it means sacrificing our own.
Hopefully, these quotes about loyalty have inspired loyalty to your true self and towards others.
Did you enjoy these loyalty quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
Discover J. Cole’s contemplative rhymes – masterful rap storytelling that offers guidance and motivation through his insightful quotes.