If you want to learn more about the Christian Religion, these Apologetics quotes are perfect.
According to britannica.com, apologetics is “the intellectual defense of the truth of the Christian religion, usually considered a branch of theology.”
Apologetics is a religious discipline of defending religious doctrines through systematic argumentation and discourse.
Early Christian writers that recommended their religion were called Christian apologists after having to defend their beliefs against critics.
Traditionally apologists walk a line between providing conclusive proof of Christianity without taking away the supernatural element of true belief.
Some theologians believe Christians should not have to convince anyone or act as apologists, as Christianity should be rooted in faith.
But others feel that apologists have an important part to play in the Christian religion.
Take a few minutes to read these Apologetics Quotes to learn more about apologists.
Best Apologetics Quotes
These are some of the best quotes on apologetics.
1. “The best apologetic is a life well-lived.” — Justin Martyr
2. “Christianity is not a religion of the emotions but of the will.” — C.S. Lewis
3. “Christianity is the only system that can explain the human condition.” — Francis Schaeffer
4. “Faith is not the belief in spite of evidence, but a life in scorn of the consequences.” — Clifford Williams
5. “We should never forget that Christianity is fundamentally a communication from God.” — J.I. Packer
6. “If the truth offends, then let it offend. People have been living their whole lives in offense to God; let them be offended for a while.” — John MacArthur
7. “For some people, God is an old man with a beard sitting on a throne out in space somewhere. If that’s the kind of God they don’t believe in, then I agree with them.” — Greg Koukl
8. “Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
9. “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” — C.S. Lewis
10. “I am persuaded that men think there is no God because they wish there were none. They find it hard to believe in God and to go on in sin, so they try to get an easy conscience by denying his existence.” — Charles Spurgeon
Apologetics Quotes About Christianity
Learn more about Christianity in the following quotes.
11. “The gospel is not good news to people who do not know why they need it.” — R.C. Sproul
12. “The chief reason people do not know God is not because He hides from them but because they hide from Him.” — John Stott
13. “Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them.” — E. Paul Hovey
14. “All religions and philosophies say, ‘This is the way.’ Only Jesus says, ‘I am the Way.’” — Tim Keller
15. “There are only two kinds of religion in the world…They all say, ‘Do, do, do.’ Only Christianity says, ‘Done.’ Christ has done it all.” — J. Vernon McGee
16. “It’s no longer enough to teach our children Bible stories; they need doctrine and apologetics.” — William Lane Craig
17. “More often than not, it is what you are rather than what you say that will bring an unbeliever to Christ. This, then, is the ultimate apologetic. For the ultimate apologetic is: your life.” — William Lane Craig
18. “We need to realize that we can argue about evolution or the existence of God or any number of things, but until we tell people the message of the cross, we have not evangelized them.” — Mark Dever
19. “We must never think that because a nonbeliever remained unconvinced by our case that our apologetic has failed. For one encounter is not the end of the story.” — William Lane Craig
20. We cannot compete, in simplicity, with people who are inventing religions. How could we? We are dealing with fact. Of course, anyone can be simple if he has no facts to bother about.” — C. S. Lewis
Apologetics Quotes from C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis is known by many as one of the best Christian apologists of our time.
21. “God can’t give us peace and happiness apart from Himself because there is no such thing.” — C.S. Lewis
22. “It is when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us; it is the very sign of His presence.” — C.S. Lewis
23. “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go God’s love for us does not.” — C.S. Lewis
24. “A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell.” — C.S. Lewis
25. “Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.” — C.S. Lewis
26. “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” — C.S. Lewis
27. “He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” — C.S. Lewis
28. “If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort, you will not get either comfort or truth, only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.” — C.S. Lewis
29. “Look for yourself, and you will find in the long run only hatred, loneliness, despair, rage, ruin, and decay. But look for Christ, and you will find Him, and with Him, everything else thrown in.” — C.S. Lewis
30. “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” — C.S. Lewis
Apologetics Quotes About Faith
Learn more about faith and Christian apologetics below.
31. “Christians believe in the virgin birth of Jesus. Materialists believe in the virgin birth of the cosmos. Choose your miracle.” — Glen Scrivener
32. “I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say that there is no God.” — Abraham Lincoln
33. “In a post-Christian, skeptical age, love on display is the most convincing apologetic.” — J.D. Greer
34. “I’m noticing an exciting trend around the country: a resurgence of interest in Christian apologetics (the defense of the faith). This is a reaction to the current attacks on the essentials of Christianity that are coming from militant atheists, radical professors, and Internet gadlies.” — Lee Strobel
35. “The believer in God must explain one thing, the existence of sufferings; the nonbeliever, however, must explain the existence of everything else.” — Dennis Prager
36. “A skeptical world judges the truth of what we say by the proof of how we live.” — Philip Yancy
37. “The difference between apologetics and evangelism is that in apologetics, you are answering objections that the world raises, whereas in evangelism, you are bringing the message that Christ brought.” — Mark Dever
38. “Christianity is rarely understood by those outside its bounds. In fact, this is probably one of the greatest tasks confronting the apologist—to rescue Christianity from misunderstandings.” — Alister E. McGrath
39. “For me, apologetics proved to be the turning point of my life and eternity. I’m thankful for the scholars who so passionately and effectively defend the truth of Christianity – and today, my life’s goal is to do my part in helping others get answers to the questions that are blocking them in their spiritual journey toward Christ.” — Lee Strobel
40. “While Western atheists turn from belief in God because a tsunami in another part of the world caused great suffering, many brokenhearted survivors of that same tsunami found faith in God. This is one of the great paradoxes of suffering. Those who don’t suffer much think suffering should keep people from God, while many who suffer a great deal turn to God, not from him.” — Randy Alcorn
Additional Apologetics Quotes to Learn From
Take in a few more quotes on the topic and learn from those who are passionate about apologetics.
41. “The men who penned the Scriptures revealed several amazing facts about the earth and the universe thousands of years before scientists discovered these declarations to be true. This is astounding!” — Charlie H. Campbell
42. “The purpose of apologetics is not just to win an argument or a discussion, but that people with whom were in contact may become Christians and then live under the Lordship of Christ in the whole spectrum of life.” — Francis Schaeffer
43. “More people are won to Christ by feeling God’s presence than by all our apologetic arguments combined. Few people, if any, are converted to Christ on purely intellectual grounds.” — Rick Warren
44. “I think the current book [for Christian apologetics] is by Lee Strobel, it’s called A Case for Christ.” — Max Lucado
45. “If our culture is to be transformed, it will happen from the bottom up—from ordinary believers practicing apologetics over the backyard fence or around the barbecue grill.” — Charles Colson
46. “My mission is not to give an apologetic for why I’m trying to impact people’s lives and use the Gospel to transform. My mission is to impact people’s lives and use the Gospel to transform.” — LeCrae
47. “Just as bank tellers need a thorough knowledge of legitimate currency in order to spot counterfeit bills, so Christians need a thorough knowledge of the Bible in order to spot bogus religious teachings. How grounded are you in the Scriptures?” — Charles R. Swindoll
48. “Just because something was written by men doesn’t mean it’s not trustworthy. If that were the case, we would have to throw out encyclopedias, dictionaries, automobile manuals, et cetera—all written by men.” — Charlie H. Campbell
49. “The Old Testament contains over 300 references to the Messiah that were fulfilled in Jesus Christ. Computations using the science of probability on just 8 of these prophecies show the chance that someone could have fulfilled all 8 prophecies is 10 (to the 17th power), or 1 in 100 quadrillion.” — Fritz Ridenour
50. “If it were true that Christianity and science were incompatible, there would be no Christians who were respected scientists. In fact, about forty percent of professional natural scientists are practicing Christians, and many others are theists of other kinds. Fewer than thirty percent are atheists.” — Jeffrey Burton Russell
Where Does the Term Apologetics Come From?
Apologetics is a term that comes from the Greek word apologia, which means “the defense”.
The Apostle Paul even uses the term apologia in Acts 26:2.
Please share these Apologetics quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about apologetics in the comment section below.