These heartfelt quotes will lift your spirits and leave you feeling good.
Sometimes we need to hear a few words that can encourage, comfort, and inspire us.
There are plenty of motivational quotes and words of wisdom that well-known people are able to pass along.
But sometimes, you just need something that you can connect to a little more.
Something that touches your heart and speaks to your spirit instead of simply telling your brain one more thing to remember.
These heartfelt quotes on life, love, relationships, and success can be that little piece of knowledge that you need to hear right now.
Don’t forget to also check out these encouraging quotes to help peep you going.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Heartfelt Quotes about Life
1. “Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of the earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried than before–more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.” – Charles Dickens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of I’m sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
2. “The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions – the little, soon forgotten charities of a kiss or a smile, a kind look or heartfelt compliment.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
3. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
4. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard Baruch
6. “The most powerful life is the most simple life. The most powerful life is the life that knows where it’s going, that knows where the source of strength is; it is the life that stays free of clutter and happenstance and hurriedness.” – Max Lucado
7. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.” – Mahatma Gandhi
8. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.” – Kofi Annan
10. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
Heartfelt Quotes about Success
11. “I wish I could’ve lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that’s impossible. A path like that doesn’t exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time we push forward. It’s all we can do. On our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we’ll reach something. We’ll reach someone. We pray. Come on. It’s time to start walking.” – Natsuki Takaya
12. “Nobody’s going to do your life for you. You have to do it yourself, whether you’re rich or poor, out of money or raking it in, the beneficiary of ridiculous fortune or terrible injustice. And you have to do it no matter what is true. No matter what is hard. No matter what unjust, sad, sucky things befall you. Self-pity is a dead-end road. You make the choice to drive down it. It’s up to you to decide to stay parked there or to turn around and drive out.” – Creyl Strayed
13. “Have confidence in who you are and don’t be afraid to go for what you really want in life.” – Holland Roden
14. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” – Field Marshal Ferdinand Foch
15. “Be the designer of your own destiny.” – Oscar de la Renta
16. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Søren Kierkegaard
17. “Difficult and meaningful will always bring more satisfaction than easy and meaningless.” – Maxime Lagacé
18. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
19. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” – Jack London
20. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
Heartfelt Quotes about Love
21. “Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what’s happening. It’s inevitable. An event you can’t control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course.” – Jackie Collins
22. “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.” – Maya Angelou
23. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” – Senior Ed Bloom
24. “A priceless moment is when the person that you have fallen in love with, looks you right in the eyes to tell you that they have fallen in love with you.” – Unknown
25. “Don’t try to stop your heart from falling in love, because in the end, it may be worth it.” – Unknown
26. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”- Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
27. “Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” — William Goldman (The Princess Bride)
28. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – Joan Powers
29. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
30. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
Heartfelt Quotes about Happiness
31. “Everything about you resonates happiness. No I won’t settle for less.” – Muse
32. “Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important. Capture the good times. And if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
33. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
34. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
35. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” – Marcus Aurelius
36. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
37. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
38. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
39. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Heartfelt Quotes about Friendships
41. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.”- Thomas Aquinas
42. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
43. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
44. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”- Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
45. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.” – Len Wein
46. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”- Oprah Winfrey
47. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ― C.S. Lewis
48. “We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
49. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
50. “No friendship is an accident.” ― O. Henry
More heartfelt quotes and sayings
51. “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” – Jess C. Scott
52. “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.” – Paulo Coelho
53. “The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.” – Neale Donald Walsch
54. “Three things I want in a relationship: Eyes that won’t cry, lips that won’t lie, and love that won’t die.” – Wiz Khalifa
55. “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
56. “The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are.” – Stephen Covey
57. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
58. “Two halves do not make a whole when it comes to a healthy relationship: it takes two wholes.” – Patricia L. Fry
59. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
60. “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.” – Camille Pissarro
Heartfelt Quotes To Share With Your Mutual Partner
61. “You feel more like home to me than any place I’ve ever been.” — Angela N. Blount
62. “My heart is and always will be yours.” — Jane Austen
63. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Herman Hesse
64. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
65. “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” — Diana Peterfreund
66. “There are not enough days in forever to allow me to fully express the depth of my love for you.” — Steve Maraboli
67. “Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.” — A. A. Milne
68. “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” — Rosemonde Gerard
69. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
70. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” — Emily Dickinson
Did these heartfelt quotes uplift you?
Did you find what you were looking for?
Hopefully, at least one or two of the quotes above connected with you and the message you were looking for right now.
Or maybe one of these quotes jumped out at you as something that a friend, family or coworker might need to hear right now.
If that’s the case, act on your instinct and share the quote with them.
Everyone can benefit from hearing strong, positive and sincere messages from time to time.
It can be helpful from time to time to tune out all the extra noise and really tune into the sincere heartfelt quotes that are out there.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these heartfelt quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Check our other related quote articles:
When your partner feels valued, safe, and secure, it is a relationship game changer.
Men deserve to hear vocal confirmation of their partner’s feelings, even if they appear not to need it.
Kickstart your day with our handpicked collection of good morning texts for her, designed to light up her smile.