Check out these Evangelism quotes to learn more about those who spread the message of God.
In Christianity, the term Evangelism means to spread the message of Jesus Christ that he is the Son of God and that he sacrificed himself to save us from the consequences of our sins.
Evangelism can take many forms:
- Preaching – whether to large crowds, small groups, or regular church members, a preacher is an evangelist that spreads the message of Jesus
- Missionaries – these evangelists are normally referred to as people who dedicate their lives or a season of their lives to living somewhere to spread the message of Jesus.
- Everyday Evangelists – these are people that you might meet in life who both model the message of Jesus and, when given the opportunity, share the message of Jesus with people they come into contact with during everyday life
- Media – the message of Jesus can also be spread through media, whether radio, print, or online
Take a look at these Evangelism quotes to learn more about evangelism.
The Best Evangelism Quotes
Here are some of the best evangelism quotes.
1. “I just want to lobby for God.” — Billy Graham
2. “One Way: Jesus! One Job: Evangelism!” — T.L. Osborn
3. “Evangelism is not an option for the Christian life.” — Luis Palau
4. “Any method of evangelism will work—if God is in it.” — Leonard Ravenhill
5. “Evangelism, in its purist form, is an overflow of worship.” — Bill Johnson
6. “We talk of the second coming; half the world has never heard of the first.” — Oswald J. Smith
7. “Being an extrovert isn’t essential to evangelism – obedience and love are.” — Rebecca Pippert
8. “The simple definition of evangelism: Those who know, telling those who don’t.” — Leith Anderson
9. “The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed.” — Hudson Taylor
10. “At the end of the day, the biggest obstacle to evangelism is Christians who don’t share the gospel.” — Albert Mohler
You will also enjoy our article on Christian Hypocrisy quotes.
Convicting Evangelism Quotes
These evangelism quotes will likely be convicting for many Christians.
11. “The greatest amount of wasted time is the time not getting started.” — Dawson Trotman
12. “May even the concept of unreached peoples be totally intolerable to us.” — David Platt
13. “Don’t wait for a feeling or love in order to share Christ with a stranger.” — John Piper
14. “We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God.” — John Stott
15. “The task of evangelism often involves preparing an open road so offenders can find their refuge in Christ.” — Max Anders
16. “Prayer is crucial in evangelism: Only God can change the heart of someone who is in rebellion against Him.” — Billy Graham
17. “If you live by the same values and priorities [Jesus] had, you will find evangelism happening naturally.” — Rebecca Pippert
18. “The world has more winnable people than ever before, but it is possible to come out of a ripe field empty-handed.” — Donald McGannon
19. “Evangelism is useless unless it is the work of one devoted to God, willing and glad to suffer all things for God, penetrated by the attractiveness of God.” — Evelyn Underhill
20. “Evangelism is not a professional job for a few trained men but is instead the unrelenting responsibility of every person who belongs to the company of Jesus.” — D. Elton Trueblood
You will also enjoy our article on Eugene Peterson quotes.
Evangelism Quotes by Billy Graham
Billy Graham was an American evangelist, and here are some quotes from him.
21. “We aren’t only called to become Christians; we are called to be Christians.” — Billy Graham
22. “The cross shows us the seriousness of our sin—but it also shows us the immeasurable love of God.” — Billy Graham
23. “It could be that one of the greatest hindrances to evangelism is the poverty of our own experience.” — Billy Graham
24. “One of the greatest priorities of the church today is to mobilize the laity to do the work of evangelism.” — Billy Graham
25. “But with the help of the Word of God and the help of the Holy Spirit, I can live the Christian life. But He lives it through me.” — Billy Graham
26. “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.” — Billy Graham
27. “Time is the dressing room of eternity. In the few fleeting days of life on this planet, we are given the opportunity to prepare for eternity.” — Billy Graham
28. “All over the world, God is opening doors of opportunity, making it possible for us to take the Gospel to millions who have never heard of Christ.” — Billy Graham
29. “And I’ve preached all over the world. And the older I get, the more I cling to that hope that I started with many years ago, and proclaimed it in many languages to many parts of the world.” — Billy Graham
30. “We must warn the nations of the world that they must repent and turn to God while there is yet time. We must also proclaim that there is forgiveness and peace in knowing Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. “— Billy Graham
Thought-Provoking Evangelism Quotes
Check out these thought-provoking Evangelism quotes.
31. “We plan for so many less important things; why not plan for our evangelism?” — Mark Dever
32. “Evangelism has always been the heartbeat for our ministry; it is what God has called us to do.” — Billy Graham
33. “The desperately poor are not going to come to us to hear the Good News. We have to go to them.” — Jackie Pullinger
34. “If you had the cure to cancer, wouldn’t you usher it?… You have the cure to death… get out there and share it.” — Kirk Cameron
35. “These then are the marks of the ideal Church – love, suffering, holiness, sound doctrine, genuineness, evangelism, and humility.” — John Stott
36. “One thing I have observed in all my years of ministry is that the most effective and important aspects of evangelism usually take place on an individual, personal level.” — John MacArthur
37. “If you alter or obscure the Biblical portrait of God in order to attract converts, you don’t get converts to God; you get converts to an illusion. This is not evangelism, but deception.” — John Piper
38. “It is not that the Church hasn’t been trained in evangelism; it is not a lack of instruction or information. The fact is, if you don’t love people through the eyes of Christ, the world will never be changed.” — Reinhard Bonnke
39. “The church as a whole has strayed quite far from biblical evangelism; that is, sharing the Gospel in the way that Jesus did, the way the Apostle Paul did, and the rest of the disciples and prophets in Scripture.” — Kirk Cameron
40. “God is more concerned with conforming me to the likeness of His Son than leaving me in my comfort zones. God is more interested in inward qualities than outward circumstances – things like refining my faith, humbling my heart, cleaning up my thought life, and strengthening my character.” — Joni Eareckson Tada
More Evangelism Quotes
Christians should keep these evangelism quotes in mind.
41. “Prayer is the mighty engine that is to move the missionary work.” — A.B. Simpson
42. “God has an inexhaustible enthusiasm for the supremacy of His name among the nations.” — John Piper
43. “Bad evangelism says: I’m right, you’re wrong, and I would love to tell you about it.” — Timothy Keller
44. “Missionary zeal does not grow out of intellectual beliefs, nor out of theological arguments, but out of love.” — Roland Allen
45. “Worldliness in the church is a lot more pervasive than a lack of passion for evangelism. Nevertheless, one of the results of worldliness is a waning enthusiasm for evangelism.” — Mark Dever
46. “We should be holy people eager to greet our Lord when He returns, ready at any moment for the trumpet’s call, people of optimism, busy in evangelism, hands to the plow, eyes on the prize.” — David Jeremiah
47. “I have but one passion – it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field, and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can be most used in winning souls for Christ.” — Nicolaus Zinzendorf
48. “We live in a time when people are increasingly skittish about evangelism – Christians and non-Christians alike. People are suspicious of evangelism and misunderstand it, which contributes to our reluctance to share the gospel.” — Mark Dever
49. “If we are devoted to the cause of humanity, we shall soon be crushed and broken-hearted, for we shall often meet with more ingratitude from men than we would from a dog; but if our motive is love to God, no ingratitude can hinder us from serving our fellow men.” — Oswald Chambers
50. “We cannot be content with an evangelism which does not lead to the drawing of converts into the church, nor with a church order whose principle of cohesion is a superficial social camaraderie instead of a spiritual fellowship with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.” — John Stott
How Can I Be An Evangelist In My Life?
If you desire to spread the message of Jesus, you don’t need a degree or a certificate but rather have the right heart for it.
Study the Bible and practice what it teaches and show the love of Jesus to your neighbors, friends, and family and tell them about Jesus.
Share these Evangelism quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about evangelism in the comment section below.