These Glow quotes will give you a taste of what the show was all about.
Sometimes it can feel like every show on television follows basically the same storyline. After a while, they can all start to run together. Glow isn’t one of those shows as you’ll see in these Glow quotes.
If you’ve never watched or heard of Glow before, it was a Netflix series that ran for three seasons. While it was initially renewed for a fourth season, it was eventually canceled due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The show follows a group of women who are cast as female professional wrestlers. It’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. These quotes are from some of the characters to give you a taste of what it’s all about.
Glow Quotes From Ruth Wilder
1. “I’ve been acting pretty much my whole life, and it’s always just another audition, another meeting, another year of waiting for someone to give you permission to do the thing you wanna do. But finally, I’m getting to do something, and it feels different, you know? I feel different. Strong. In control.” – Ruth Wilder
2. “Sometimes you have to trick yourself into having a good time. Just pretend you’re having the best time in the world, and then maybe you will.” – Ruth Wilder
3. “What I’m interested in are real parts, not secretaries telling powerful men their wives are on line two.” – Ruth Wilder
4. “Usually, in this industry, it’s every man for himself, and it’s almost always a man telling you your ass is too fat at the same time he’s trying to grope it. And having a woman in charge instead of that Sackballs guy? This is as good as it gets.” – Ruth Wilder
5. “This place can make you go a little crazy.” – Ruth Wilder
6. “Alfred Hitchcock and his wife? Alma, you know, the woman behind the man who is as important as the man and really helps the man be great while also getting the job done.” – Ruth Wilder
7. “But then, I found wrestling… and it saved me. Coming to the gym every day, seeing… these women struggle… to use their bodies and… learn something new, and we did. And it’s a better feeling than drugs. Crack, specifically.” – Ruth Wilder
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of 13 Reasons Why quotes from the hit Netflix show.
Glow quotes from Debbie Eagan
8. “Things don’t just happen. People make choices. They want things, and then they go for them.” – Debbie Eagan
9. “I can’t leave Randy with my mom all day. She’ll feed him Funyuns and Fresca and government conspiracies.” – Debbie Eagan
10. “Men try shit, you have to pretend to like it until you don’t have to anymore.” – Debbie Eagan
11. “…women should get to direct and not be washed up by the time they’re 30, and I should have got to eat a piece of my own wedding cake without worrying about how many minutes of Jane f**king Fonda it was gonna take to work it off, but that is the way it is.” – Debbie Eagan
12. “If you wanna do something more than nod and eat a salad, and make a pretty cry-face, you are punished.” – Debbie Eagan
Glow quotes from Sam Sylvia
13. “Now, here you are. You’re ripe. Fecund. A custodian of new life. You’re a… you’re a fertile harvest goddess. Now… pull your shoulders back, and, and strut like you own the ring.” – Sam Sylvia
14. “There’s one ball you can’t castrate, that’s the mind.” – Sam Sylvia
15. “Ruth… That is not a great name.” – Sam Sylvia
16. “History is a beautiful thing.” – Sam Sylvia
17. “Well, that’s the problem. That’s middle-of-the-road shit. It’s safe. You see, me? I like to push the envelope. I like to jolt people into consciousness.” – Sam Sylvia
18. “I mean, babies are boring. They don’t party, they haven’t traveled, they have no sense of irony.” – Sam Sylvia
19. “I don’t have to explain myself. That’s the beauty of being a director.” – Sam Sylvia
20. “Try not give a f*ck. There’s a lot of power in that.” – Sam Sylvia
21. “You let somebody in, you know? And then you make room. Then they go and yet… the room is still there.” – Sam Sylvia
22. “The devil gets all the best lines.” – Sam Sylvia
23. “So what is this, the old Malibu ambush? You gonna ply me with some drinks and tell me you don’t like my vision?” – Sam Sylvia
24. “You’re smart. You’re ambitious. Talented. But nobody sees that. All they see is the blonde knockout.” – Sam Sylvia
More Glow quotes
25. “I don’t have time to deal with spoiled little bitches who don’t take anything seriously.” – Cherry Bang
26. “It is a miracle what you can accomplish when you force people to work overtime.” – Bash
27. “It’s a wrestling show…Everyone’s offensive.” – Tammé Dawson
28. “What’s a mother without a child? Just a person,” – Bash
29. “I’ve worn this, or some version of this, every day for the past five years. It’s not a costume. Just me. And what I do in the morning… what I put on, what I wear, it’s not for you. It’s… it is for me.” – Sheila the She-Wolf
30. “When I said I wanted something different, I meant the way Ms. Pac-Man is different from Pac-Man, as in, almost the exact same thing, but with a bow in her hair, not set in the desert after a nuclear war.” – Bash
Did you enjoy these Glow quotes?
If you’re a fan of the show, these quotes probably brought you back to specific episodes as you can draw on and remember the storylines. If you’ve never watched the show before, you’re probably at least a little intrigued.
While there is plenty of humor in it, it also brings to light some of the transitions that were happening in the 1980s as a result of the women’s lib movement.
If you’re a fan who’s disappointed by the cancellation of the series, you can enjoy reliving your favorite moments through these character quotes. If you’ve never seen it before, these quotes might just have you intrigued enough to want to check it out.
Which of these Glow quotes and lines resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 12, 2020 7:00 AM EST