Learn about the life and ministry of the American evangelist in these Billy Graham quotes.
Not many people are universally known as good and caring people, but Billy Graham is almost universally liked. As a man who cared about people and getting them to know Jesus Christ, he became popular.
Graham was even a religious confidant to many U.S. Presidents. Although he did not always share their views or vice versa, he was able to show love and respect for all, which allowed him to work with anyone.
One of Billy Graham’s lasting impressions will be that his life stood for loving Jesus and loving people. In today’s age of negativity and people looking for something to be insulted about, Graham stood above that and advocated for love.
Don’t forget to also check out these God’s Plan quotes to inspire faith.
Billy Graham quotes about God
1. “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge and my job to love.” – Billy Graham
2. “God never takes away something from your life without replacing it with something better.” – Billy Graham
3. “God has given us two hands–one to receive with and the other to give with. We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing.” – Billy Graham
4. “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.” – Billy Graham
5. “Our relationship must be right with God before it can be right with man.” – Billy Graham
6. “Reading God’s Word and meditating on its truth will have a purifying effect upon your mind and heart, and will be demonstrated in your life. Let nothing take the place of this daily privilege.” – Billy Graham
7. “Evil is real—but so is God’s power and love.” – Billy Graham
8. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Billy Graham
9. “Salvation is an act of God. It is initiated by God, wrought by God, and sustained by God.” – Billy Graham
10. “Because of the brevity of life, the Bible warns that we should be prepared to meet God at all times.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of God quotes that will help you find direction and purpose.
Billy Graham quotes about Christians
11. “Becoming a Christian takes only a single step; being a Christian means walking with Christ the rest of your life.” – Billy Graham
12. “You can have religion but not know Christ. It’s having Christ that counts.” – Billy Graham
13. “I can’t live the Christian life alone. I’m a failure. Billy Graham cannot live the Christian life. I’ve tried. I can’t do it. But with the help of the Word of God and the help of the Holy Spirit, I can live the Christian life. But He lives it through me.” – Billy Graham
14. “We aren’t only called to become Christians; we are called to be Christians.” – Billy Graham
15. “Christianity is not a white man’s religion. And don’t ever let anybody tell you that it’s white or black. Christ belongs to all people! He belongs to the whole world!” – Billy Graham
16. “An atheist only sees a hopeless end to life. But the Christian sees an endless hope.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of atheist quotes that will make you ask valuable questions
17. “If Christianity is important at all, it is all important. If it is anything at all, it is everything. It is either the most vital thing in your life, or it isn’t worth bothering with.” – Billy Graham
18. “The Holy Spirit can rejuvenate a tired Christian, captivate an indifferent believer, and empower a dry church.” – Billy Graham
19. “As Christians, we have only one authority, one compass: the Word of God.” – Billy Graham
20. “My wife has said that a bitter, sour Christian is one of Satan’s greatest trophies—and she’s right.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Christian quotes that will uplift your spirits.
Billy Graham quotes on Jesus Christ
21. “Christ not only died for all: he died for each.” – Billy Graham
22. “We say to our children, ‘Act like grown-ups,’ but Jesus said to the grown-ups, ‘Be like children.'” – Billy Graham
23. “The only hope for enduring peace is Jesus Christ.” – Billy Graham
24. “Mark my word, the day is coming when it’s going to cost to live for Jesus Christ. We are, more and more, a minority, and that’s exactly what it was like in the first century.” – Billy Graham
25. “Jesus Christ is God in human flesh, and the story of His life, death, and resurrection is the only Good News the world will ever hear.” – Billy Graham
26. “God proved his love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’” – Billy Graham
27. “Faith in Christ is voluntary. A person cannot be coerced, bribed, or tricked into trusting Jesus. God will not force His way into your life. The Holy Spirit will do everything possible to disturb you, draw you, love you—but finally, it is your personal decision.” – Billy Graham
28. “So be steadfast in your commitment to Christ, and be a real VIP—a person with vision, integrity, and God’s presence.” – Billy Graham
29. “Only the Lord Jesus can redeem the soul that is steeped in guilt and shame. This baggage weighs us down until we accept Jesus’ gift—the gift that liberates souls from sin’s power.” – Billy Graham
30. “Do you want to know what God’s will is for you? It is for you to become more and more like Christ. This is spiritual maturity, and if you make this your goal, it will change your life.” – Billy Graham
Billy Graham quotes about the Bible
31. “I’ve read the last page of the Bible, it’s all going to turn out all right.” – Billy Graham
32. “The Bible is not an option; it is a necessity. You cannot grow spiritually strong without it.” – Billy Graham
33. “The Bible is God’s love letter to us.” – Billy Graham
34. “I used to read five psalms every day – that teaches me how to get along with God. Then I read a chapter of Proverbs every day and that teaches me how to get along with my fellow man.” – Billy Graham
35. “I think that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible also teaches that pride is a sin, jealousy is a sin, and hate is a sin, evil thoughts are a sin. So I don’t think that homosexuality should be chosen as the overwhelming sin that we are doing today.” – Billy Graham
36. “Read the Bible. Work hard and honestly. And don’t complain.” – Billy Graham
37. “The Bible says today is the accepted time, today is the day of salvation… But there will come a time when it will be too late for you.” – Billy Graham
38. “The Bible is full of warnings about false prophets and false messiahs. These satanically inspired people have appeared in almost every generation of history.” – Billy Graham
39. “There’s a great deal to say in the Bible about the signs we’re to watch for, and when these signs all converge at one place we can be sure that we’re close to the end of the age.” – Billy Graham
40. “I have never changed my message. I preach the Bible, and I preach it with authority.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Bible quotes to get you thinking.
Insightful Billy Graham quotes
41. “Heaven gives us hope and makes our present burdens easier to bear.” – Billy Graham
42. “I can’t explain 9/11, except the evil of man.” – Billy Graham
43. “I never hold a grudge.” – Billy Graham
44. “Those outside the church expect followers of Christ to live differently, yet today many in the church are chasing after the world – not to win them, but to be like them.” – Billy Graham
45. “Freedom is relative.” – Billy Graham
46. “I want to tell people about the meaning of the cross.” – Billy Graham
47. “I’ve spent too much time giving speeches, traveling the world.” – Billy Graham
48. “I have the problems of, I must confess, old age.” – Billy Graham
49. “There have been times that I’ve wept as I’ve gone from city to city and I’ve seen how far people have wandered from God.” – Billy Graham
50. “Christmas means a great deal to me. I was reared in a family that celebrated Christmas to some extent, but I married into a family that celebrated Christmas in a big way. And my wife always made a big thing of Christmas for the children. We have five children, and we had a terrific time at Christmas.” – Billy Graham
More Billy Graham quotes
51. “We need to encourage new believers to feed on God’s Word—it is nourishment for the soul.” – Billy Graham
52. “Make it your goal to build strong foundations for your life—foundations constructed from prayer and the truths of God’s Word.” – Billy Graham
53. “Prayer is not just asking. It is listening for God’s orders.” – Billy Graham
54. “The light of God’s presence in our lives is a purifying flame that will draw us near to Him.” – Billy Graham
55. “God’s goal isn’t just to remove the bad things in our lives; He wants to replace them with good things. His plan is to remake us from within, by His Holy Spirit.” – Billy Graham
56. “Can you see God? You haven’t seen him? I’ve never seen the wind. I see the effects of the wind, but I’ve never seen the wind. There’s a mystery to it.” – Billy Graham
57. “A life without God is like a boat without an anchor.” – Billy Graham
58. “God calls us to live lives of purity.” – Billy Graham
59. “If anything has been accomplished through my life, it has been solely God’s doing, not mine, and He—not I—must get the credit.” – Billy Graham
60. “Because God is the giver and source of our life, He has a legitimate claim upon our lives.” – Billy Graham
What did you learn from these Billy Graham quotes?
One of the things that made Billy Graham stand out was that he was not preaching to or helping one specific group of people and only those that fit a certain demographic. He believed we were all equal and wanted us to all know Jesus and to love each other.
If you have read the quotes above from Billy Graham and are inspired to be a better person, then it is never too late to start. If only we could all be known for saying “I never hold a grudge” like Billy Graham.
It is so easy to be offended or to get mad at someone, but it is much harder to love people even when they have done something you don’t agree with. However, if you are able to avoid holding grudges, it will make loving each other much easier. Draw inspiration from the quotes above.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Billy Graham quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST