Learn about the life and ministry of the American evangelist in these Billy Graham quotes.
Not many people are universally known as good and caring people, but Billy Graham is almost universally liked.
As a man who cared about people and getting them to know Jesus Christ, he became popular.
Graham was even a religious confidant to many U.S. Presidents.
Although he did not always share their views or vice versa, he was able to show love and respect for all, which allowed him to work with anyone.
One of Billy Graham’s lasting impressions will be that his life stood for loving Jesus and loving people.
In today’s age of negativity and people looking for something to be insulted about, Graham stood above that and advocated for love.
Don’t forget to also check out these God’s Plan quotes to inspire faith.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Billy Graham quotes about God
1. “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge and my job to love.” – Billy Graham
You will also enjoy our article on faith quotes.
2. “God never takes away something from your life without replacing it with something better.” – Billy Graham
You will also enjoy our article on Jessica Rabbit quotes.
3. “God has given us two hands–one to receive with and the other to give with. We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing.” – Billy Graham
4. “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.” – Billy Graham
5. “Our relationship must be right with God before it can be right with man.” – Billy Graham
6. “Reading God’s Word and meditating on its truth will have a purifying effect upon your mind and heart, and will be demonstrated in your life. Let nothing take the place of this daily privilege.” – Billy Graham
7. “Evil is real—but so is God’s power and love.” – Billy Graham
8. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Billy Graham
9. “Salvation is an act of God. It is initiated by God, wrought by God, and sustained by God.” – Billy Graham
10. “Because of the brevity of life, the Bible warns that we should be prepared to meet God at all times.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of God quotes that will help you find direction and purpose.
Billy Graham quotes about Christians
11. “Becoming a Christian takes only a single step; being a Christian means walking with Christ the rest of your life.” – Billy Graham
12. “You can have religion but not know Christ. It’s having Christ that counts.” – Billy Graham
13. “I can’t live the Christian life alone. I’m a failure. Billy Graham cannot live the Christian life. I’ve tried. I can’t do it. But with the help of the Word of God and the help of the Holy Spirit, I can live the Christian life. But He lives it through me.” – Billy Graham
14. “We aren’t only called to become Christians; we are called to be Christians.” – Billy Graham
15. “Christianity is not a white man’s religion. And don’t ever let anybody tell you that it’s white or black. Christ belongs to all people! He belongs to the whole world!” – Billy Graham
16. “An atheist only sees a hopeless end to life. But the Christian sees an endless hope.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of atheist quotes that will make you ask valuable questions
17. “If Christianity is important at all, it is all important. If it is anything at all, it is everything. It is either the most vital thing in your life, or it isn’t worth bothering with.” – Billy Graham
18. “The Holy Spirit can rejuvenate a tired Christian, captivate an indifferent believer, and empower a dry church.” – Billy Graham
19. “As Christians, we have only one authority, one compass: the Word of God.” – Billy Graham
20. “My wife has said that a bitter, sour Christian is one of Satan’s greatest trophies—and she’s right.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Christian quotes that will uplift your spirits.
Billy Graham quotes on Jesus Christ
21. “Christ not only died for all: he died for each.” – Billy Graham
22. “We say to our children, ‘Act like grown-ups,’ but Jesus said to the grown-ups, ‘Be like children.'” – Billy Graham
23. “The only hope for enduring peace is Jesus Christ.” – Billy Graham
24. “Mark my word, the day is coming when it’s going to cost to live for Jesus Christ. We are, more and more, a minority, and that’s exactly what it was like in the first century.” – Billy Graham
25. “Jesus Christ is God in human flesh, and the story of His life, death, and resurrection is the only Good News the world will ever hear.” – Billy Graham
What did you learn from these Billy Graham quotes?
One of the things that made Billy Graham stand out was that he was not preaching to or helping one specific group of people and only those that fit a certain demographic.
He believed we were all equal and wanted us to all know Jesus and to love each other.
If you have read the quotes above from Billy Graham and are inspired to be a better person, then it is never too late to start.
If only we could all be known for saying “I never hold a grudge” like Billy Graham.
It is so easy to be offended or to get mad at someone, but it is much harder to love people even when they have done something you don’t agree with.
However, if you are able to avoid holding grudges, it will make loving each other much easier.
Draw inspiration from the quotes above.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Billy Graham quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST