Start your engine and get ready to ride with our Cadillac quotes.
Cadillac has been an iconic automobile brand in America for over one hundred years.
You might also like these related articles:
Find out what has kept this company afloat for over a century with our Cadillac quotes.
What is a Cadillac?
Cadillac is an American automobile company with significant US, Canada, and China markets.
Many view Cadillac as an American luxury car and a statement of a person’s success.
Check out these interesting Cadillac facts below:
- Henry M. Leland founded Cadillac.
- In 2019, Cadillac sold 390,458 vehicles.
- Cadillac is the fourth automotive brand created in America.
Who founded Cadillac?
The Cadillac Automotive Company was formed from the building blocks of the Henry Ford Company.
Henry Ford and his investors had a dispute and stopped working together.
His backers called in an engineer to appraise their factory so they could sell their materials.
That man was Henry M. Leland.
After appraising the factory, he convinced the investors to support his new engine design.
From there, the Cadillac was born!
Where did Cadillac get its name from?
It took a year for Leland to design and manufacture the first Cadillac.
The first Caddy sold for $850 at the New Year Auto Show.
But where did they get the name of this high-class brand?
The brand name comes from Antion Laurent de la Mothe Cadillac.
He was the French explorer credited with founding Detroit, Michigan.
What is the future of Cadillac?
It has been over one hundred years since the Cadillac premiered on the scene.
It is interesting to think about how the combustion engine and the car industry are some of the only pieces of technology that have yet to advance to the next level over the century.
New travel technology exists, so the question of how long companies like Cadillac can stay afloat is on many people’s minds.
Many companies are attempting to adjust to changing technologies, especially with limitations, policies, and access to resources limiting their advancements.
To learn more, check out our Cadillac quotes below.
Short Cadillac quotes about loving your ride
Let’s get started with some short and sweet Cadillac quotes.
1. “I love that Cadillac ATS!” — Joe Biden
2. “I haven’t got a Cadillac. I’ve got a subway token.” — Nipsey Russell
3. “My high salary for one season was forty-six thousand dollars and a Cadillac.” — Duke Snider
4. “Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac.” — Ben Stein
5. “We always had Packards, until the war, when they stopped making them; then we had a Cadillac.” — June Carter Cash
The top Cadillac quotes about dreaming big
For decades people in America have been taught that buying a Cadillac means you made it.
6. “Oh, I got a beautiful 1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille four-door. No one will ride in it with me.” — Tom Waits
7. “Long as I was riding in a big Cadillac and dressed nice and had plenty of food, that’s all I cared about.” — Etta James
8. “My wheelchair is like the Cadillac of wheelchairs; it goes up and down and back, and I can lay down in it.” — Abby Lee Miller
9. “I always liked the idea that America is a big facade. We are all insects crawling across on the shiny hood of a Cadillac.” — Tom Waits
10. “I couldn’t buy a car without being tied under, but I had to have a Cadillac with blue stars on the hood no matter what it cost.”— Dusty Rhodes
The best Cadillac quotes for iconic living
Check out these nostalgic Cadillac quotes.
11. “I always felt like I was kind of an outsider because I didn’t have the right things. I didn’t have a Cadillac.” — Leah Remini
12. “As a kid, I remember wondering why we lived in an apartment, not in a brownstone, and why we drove an LTD, not a Cadillac.” — Leah Remini
13. “I collect cars and bikes. One of my most special rides is a black 1930s Cadillac V16, and then I’ve got a few West Coast choppers.” — Kid Rock
14. “I think true economic class unhappiness comes from when across the street someone has a new Cadillac, and you can’t get that.” — James Gray
15. “I got a Cadillac Escalade. Put some rims on it, threw a couple TVs in there, and installed a system. I stuck my Xbox in there. I had to go for it.” — Michael Phelps
Famous Cadillac quotes to live by
Here are some memorable Cadillac quotes about the car that shaped generations.
16. “The man does not beat your head because you got a Cadillac or because you got a Ford; he beats you because you’re black!” — H. Rap Brown
17. “One day, in front of my house, some soldiers in a big Cadillac started to do a picnic. I looked at them like they were coming from the moon.” — Renzo Rosso
18. “One of our most promising technologies is Super Cruise, which is the working name for an innovative system coming to Cadillac in the 2016 time frame.” — Mary Barra
19. “It’s like when Led Zeppelin appears in Cadillac commercials. There’s something that is taken away from your love of this thing and your connection to it.” — Chris Carter
20. “I helped put in a rink in Cadillac, Michigan, when my wife was very healthy. She helped them put it in, and the rink is going full-bore the last time I was there.” — Gordie Howe
Cadillac quotes and sayings about life
In many ways, life is like a Cadillac.
21. “My grandfather worked his way up selling newspapers and ladies’ handbags, and eventually, he became Cadillac Sam, one of the biggest car dealers in Chicago.” — Bobbi Brown
22. “When no one’s buying your records, it’s easy to justify selling a song. But once you start selling records, you can’t really justify having two songs in Cadillac commercials. — Patrick Carney
23. “I drive a lot, just for pleasure. Sometimes I’ll get in the Cadillac and drive around the city or the country, kind of trying to get lost, basically. Y’know, just see where roads lead.” — Frank Black
24. “Apparently, there’s a little red demon dwarf that haunts the city, and before every major bad thing that’s happened, it’s appeared to somebody. Last time, he appeared in a Cadillac.” — Meg White
25. “Playing Etta James in the movie ‘Cadillac Records’ really changed me. It was a darker character, and I realized that if anything is too comfortable, I want to run from it. It’s no fun being safe.” — Beyonce Knowles
Will Cadillac remain a cultural icon?
With a shift to more sustainable automobiles, older car companies like Cadillac have to contend with an ever-changing market.
Do you think Cadillacs will be driven in the future?
Be sure to let us know in the comment section below.