25 Pink Floyd Quotes About Death and the Dark Side of the Moon
February 26, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These Pink Floyd quotes about music and nature will guide you through life.
Pink Floyd is widely regarded as one of the most legendary rock bands of all time.
This British psychedelic rock group is known for its elaborate live performances, musical experimentation, and philosophical song lyrics.
These Pink Floyd quotes about death and nature will give you a fresh perspective on their music.
Keep this collection of inspirational quotes in mind the next time you listen to your favorite Pink Floyd album.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), “The Dark Side of the Moon” is one of the best-selling albums ever, with over 45 million copies sold worldwide since its release in 1973.
The album’s popularity can be attributed to Pink Floyd quotes and timeless themes of life, death, and the human condition, which resonate with audiences today.
Which song do you think is the most philosophical Pink Floyd song?
This list of lyrics and quotes will help you understand the deeper meaning behind their greatest hits.
Some of their most successful albums include The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall.
Regardless of which Pink Floyd songs are your favorite, you’ll love these Pink Floyd quotes about music.
Don’t forget to also check out these music quotes on how it heals our soul.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Pink Floyd quotes about death and nature.
In a 2009 interview, Pink Floyd’s bassist Roger Waters revealed that the song “Mother” from the band’s 1979 album “The Wall” was written about his mother, who died when he was young.
The song’s exploration of family relationships, mental health, and societal pressures continue to resonate with audiences today, particularly those who have experienced similar struggles.
1. “All you touch and all you see, Is all your life will ever be.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on song quotes.
2. “Was it love or was it the idea of being in love?” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
3. “There is no dark side of the Moon. It’s all dark, really.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on pink quotes.
4. “You raise the blade, you make the change.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on full metal jacket quotes.
5. “Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on diamond quotes.
6. “All in all, you’re just another brick in the wall.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on moon quotes.
7. “Come on you target for faraway laughter. Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on debate quotes.
8. “So, so you think you can tell; Heaven from Hell, Blue skies from pain; Can you tell a green field, From a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on Ozzy Osbourne quotes.
9. “Dig that hole, forget the sun.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on School of Rock quotes.
10. “The wall was too high as you can see, No matter how he tried he could not break free.” ― Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd quotes that will give you a fresh perspective on their music
According to a 2018 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), suicide rates in the United States have been steadily increasing over the past decade, with suicide being the country’s tenth leading cause of death.
Pink Floyd’s exploration of mental health, mortality, and the human condition continues to resonate with audiences today, particularly those who may be struggling with their mental health or who have been impacted by suicide in their own life.
11. “Encumbered forever by desire and ambition.” ― Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on swimming quotes.
12. “If you don’t eat your meat, you can’t have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat!” ― Pink Floyd
13. “Did they get you to trade, Your heroes for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange, A walk-on part in a war, For a lead role in a cage?” ― Pink Floyd
14. “You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to.” ― Pink Floyd
15. “Remember when you were young? You shone like the Sun…” ― Pink Floyd
16. “Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon.” ― Pink Floyd
17. “Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home?” ― Pink Floyd
18. “You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.” ― Pink Floyd
19. “Strangers passing in the street, By chance two separate glances meet, And I am you and what I see is me.” ― Pink Floyd
20. “I took a heavenly ride through our silence.” ― Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd quotes to uplift your spirit
21. “Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?” ― Pink Floyd
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Brave New World quotes from the controversial dystopian novel.
22. “Running before time took our dreams away.” ― Pink Floyd
23. “You’ll just have to claw your way through the disguise.” ― Pink Floyd
24. “How I wish, how I wish you were here; We’re just two lost souls, swimming in a fishbowl.” ― Pink Floyd
25. “There’s someone in my head, but it’s not me.” ― Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd quotes motivate your spirit
26. “We don’t need no thought control.” ― Pink Floyd
27. “Open your heart, I’m coming home.” ― Pink Floyd
28. “We’re so happy we can hardly count.” ― Pink Floyd
29. “The child is grown, the dream is gone.” ― Pink Floyd
30. “Get out of the road if you want to grow old.” ― Pink Floyd
31. “Breathe, breathe in the air, Don’t be afraid to care…” ― Pink Floyd
32. “The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime.” ― Pink Floyd
33. “Hey you dont tell me theres no hope at all. Together we stand divided we fall.” ― Pink Floyd
34. “Running over the same old ground What have we found? The same old fears.” ― Pink Floyd
35. “Long you live and high you’ll fly, and smiles you’ll give, tears you’ll cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.” ― Pink Floyd
What are your favorite Pink Floyd quotes about death, music, and nature?
Pink Floyd is a musical group that has earned a lot of acclaims and a huge fanbase.
What is special about Pink Floyd?
Their philosophical lyrics and experimental sounds changed the music industry forever.
You will fully understand the deep love that people have for this band after you read their quotes and learn about the meaning of Pink Floyd songs.
The next time you’re listening to Pink Floyd songs, try to remember your favorite lyrics from this collection of the best Pink Floyd quotes.
Let the music uplift your spirit and inspire you to follow your dreams.
What are your favorite Pink Floyd quotes and sayings about nature and music?
Let us know in the comment section below.
May 17, 2022 at 2:28 AM
My favourite lines I’ve always been mad, I know I’ve been mad, like the most of us, very hard to explain why you’re mad, even if you’re not mad
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
May 18, 2022 at 11:03 AM
LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing with us.
April 18, 2022 at 4:02 PM
So much incredible music. One of my absolute favourite is Marooned. And Take it Back from The Division Bell. Both those songs destroy me every time I hear them. 💕