Getting older every year is a continuous blessing as revealed in these inspiring and funny getting older quotes from famous personalities all over the world.
What Are The Perks of Getting Older?
A lot of us worry about getting older because we equate aging to physical limitations which slows down our ability to accomplish more as compared to what we were able to do in half the time when we were younger, energetic, and driven.
But there’s more to aging than mere physical deterioration. Getting older can also mean gaining wisdom, achieving contentment, and having the ability to understand, accept, and be happy with what we have become over time.
Take a look at these enlightening getting older quotes from those who’ve been there and done that.
Getting older quotes about the beauty of aging
1. “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter.” – Satchel Paige
2. “Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.” – Luis Bunuel
3. “As I started getting older, I realized, ‘I’m so happy!’ I didn’t expect this! I wasn’t happy when I was young.” – Jane Fonda
4. “Getting older is fine. There is nothing you can do to stop it so you might as well stay on the bus.” – John Byrne
5. “I can honestly say I love getting older. Then again, I never put my glasses on before looking in the mirror.” – Cherie Lunghi
6. “I have a great curiosity to see new things, but not to own them. It’s very peaceful this way, and one of the nice things about getting older.” – Lee Radziwill
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of curiosity quotes that will inspire you to learn more about the world around you.
7. “I like getting older. When you’re in your 20’s you’re really forging for your future. Things take shape later on.” – Crispin Glover
8. “I love getting older! I really believe that a woman doesn’t reach her peak until her 40s.” – Evangeline Lilly
9. “I think women should start to embrace their age. What’s the alternative to getting older? You die. I can’t change the day I was born. But I can take care of my skin, my body, my mind, and try to live my life and be happy.” – Olivia Munn
10. “Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn’t matter because you can’t hear it anyway. Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt…” – Billy Crystal
Getting older quotes to make you embrace the golden years
11. “I’m just getting older and better.” – Neal Schon
12. “If you’re not getting older, you’re dead.” – Tom Petty
13. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” – Shirley Maclaine
14. “The good thing about getting older is that, as you become less attractive, you have less desire to go out and conquer everyone you see.” – Julian Clary
15. “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” – Madeleine L’Engle
16. “Try to keep your soul young and quivering right up to old age.” – George Sand
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of age quotes for the young and the young at heart.
17. “Why are people afraid of getting older? You feel wiser. You feel more mature. You feel like you know yourself better. You would trade that for softer skin? Not me!” – Anna Kournikova
18. “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.” – George Burns
19. “A man is getting old when he walks around a puddle instead of through it.” – R. C. Ferguson
20. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
Getting older quotes that will make your day
21. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
22. “As a man grows older it is harder and harder to frighten him.” – Jean Paul Richter
23. “As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.” – Robert Quillen
24. “As we grow older, our capacity for enjoyment shrinks, but not our appetite for it.” – Mignon McLaughlin
25. “As we grow older, we must discipline ourselves to continue expanding, broadening, learning, keeping our minds active and open.” – Clint Eastwood
26. “As you get older, three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and the I can’t remember the other two.” – Sir Norman Wisdom
27. “Everything changes as you get older – your mind, your body, the way you view the world.” – Antonio Banderas
28. “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.” – Walt Disney
29. “Growing old with someone else is beautiful, but growing old while being true to yourself is divine.” – Dodinsky
30. “He who is of a calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition, youth and age are equally a burden.” – Plato
Getting older quotes to enlighten you
31. “I don’t believe in aging. I believe in forever altering one’s aspect to the sun.” – Virginia Woolf
32. “I don’t believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates.” – T. S. Eliot
33. “If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should never grow old.” – James A. Garfield
34. “If you’re always battling against getting older, you’re always going to be unhappy, because it will happen anyhow.” – Mitch Albom
35. “I’m kind of comfortable with getting older because it’s better than the other option, which is being dead. So, I’ll take getting older.” – George Clooney
36. “Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older.” – Louise Hay
37. “My mother always used to say, ‘The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana’.” – Betty White
38. “Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideas. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” – Samuel Ullman
39. “Some folks as they grow older grow wise but most folks simply grow stubborner.” – Josh Billings
40. “The great thing about getting older is that you become more mellow. Things aren’t as black and white, and you become much more tolerant. You can see the good in things much more easily rather than getting enraged as you used to do when you were young.” – Maeve Binchy
Getting older quotes to inspire you
41. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
42. “The older I get, the more open-minded I get, the less judgmental I get.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
43. “The older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that’s life.” – Sylvester Stallone
44. “The older you get, the stronger the wind gets. And it’s always in your face.” – Jack Nicklaus
45. “There is a certain part of all of us that lives outside of time. Perhaps we become aware of our age only at exceptional moments and most of the time we are ageless.” – Milan Jundera
46. “It’s a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you’ve gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like.” – James Cromwell
47. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
48. “Wrinkles merely mark where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
49. “You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.” – Douglas MacArthur
50. “First you are young; then you are middle-aged; then you are old; then you are wonderful.” – Diana Cooper
More getting older quotes and sayings
51. “Getting old is a fascination thing. The older you get, the older you want to get.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “Some people are old at 18 and some are young at 90. Time is a concept that humans created.” – Yoko Ono
53. “Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.” – Mark Twain
54. “The older I get the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
55. “The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
56. “You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” – George Burns
57. “When our memories outweigh our dreams, it is then that we become old.” – William J. Clinton
58. “Looking back over a lifetime, you see that love was the answer to everything.” – Ray Bradbury
59. “Life begins at 40 – but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times.” – Helen Rowland
60. “In youth, we run into difficulties. In old age, difficulties run into us.” – Beverly Sills
Which of these getting older quotes resonated with you best?
These enlightening getting older quotes should inspire you to embrace your body and mind as they age with grace like fine wine over the years.
Getting older is a gift which means you have lived longer and can now enjoy the view as you take the back seat, watching and guiding the younger, more agile ones continue the rest of what you and your generation have started back when youth and time were on your side.
Remember, getting older is not promised and not everyone gets to celebrate their birthdays every year. So, embrace your wrinkles, age lines and spots on your face, including those gray hair that suddenly popped out of nowhere.
They’re badges of honor that hold memories. Someday, you can sit down, relax, and share your stories away.
Which of these getting older quotes is your favorite? What other quote subjects would you like to see covered on Everyday Power? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 4, 2020 7:20 AM EST