Getting older every year is a continuous blessing as revealed in these inspiring and funny getting older quotes from famous personalities all over the world.
What Are The Perks of Getting Older?
A lot of us worry about getting older because we equate aging to physical limitations which slows down our ability to accomplish more as compared to what we were able to do in half the time when we were younger, energetic, and driven.
But there’s more to aging than mere physical deterioration.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Getting older can also mean gaining wisdom, achieving contentment, and having the ability to understand, accept, and be happy with what we have become over time.
Take a look at these enlightening getting older quotes from those who’ve been there and done that.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Getting older quotes about the beauty of aging
1. “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter.” – Satchel Paige
2. “Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.” – Luis Bunuel
3. “As I started getting older, I realized, ‘I’m so happy!’ I didn’t expect this! I wasn’t happy when I was young.” – Jane Fonda
4. “Getting older is fine. There is nothing you can do to stop it so you might as well stay on the bus.” – John Byrne
5. “I can honestly say I love getting older. Then again, I never put my glasses on before looking in the mirror.” – Cherie Lunghi
6. “I have a great curiosity to see new things, but not to own them. It’s very peaceful this way, and one of the nice things about getting older.” – Lee Radziwill
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of curiosity quotes that will inspire you to learn more about the world around you.
7. “I like getting older. When you’re in your 20’s you’re really forging for your future. Things take shape later on.” – Crispin Glover
8. “I love getting older! I really believe that a woman doesn’t reach her peak until her 40s.” – Evangeline Lilly
9. “I think women should start to embrace their age. What’s the alternative to getting older? You die. I can’t change the day I was born. But I can take care of my skin, my body, my mind, and try to live my life and be happy.” – Olivia Munn
10. “Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn’t matter because you can’t hear it anyway. Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt…” – Billy Crystal
You will also enjoy our article on weight loss quotes.
Getting older quotes to make you embrace the golden years
11. “I’m just getting older and better.” – Neal Schon
12. “If you’re not getting older, you’re dead.” – Tom Petty
13. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” – Shirley Maclaine
14. “The good thing about getting older is that, as you become less attractive, you have less desire to go out and conquer everyone you see.” – Julian Clary
15. “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” – Madeleine L’Engle
16. “Try to keep your soul young and quivering right up to old age.” – George Sand
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of age quotes for the young and the young at heart.
17. “Why are people afraid of getting older? You feel wiser. You feel more mature. You feel like you know yourself better. You would trade that for softer skin? Not me!” – Anna Kournikova
18. “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.” – George Burns
19. “A man is getting old when he walks around a puddle instead of through it.” – R. C. Ferguson
20. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on broken heart quotes.
Getting older quotes that will make your day
21. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
22. “As a man grows older it is harder and harder to frighten him.” – Jean Paul Richter
23. “As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.” – Robert Quillen
24. “As we grow older, our capacity for enjoyment shrinks, but not our appetite for it.” – Mignon McLaughlin
25. “As we grow older, we must discipline ourselves to continue expanding, broadening, learning, keeping our minds active and open.” – Clint Eastwood
26. “As you get older, three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and the I can’t remember the other two.” – Sir Norman Wisdom
27. “Everything changes as you get older – your mind, your body, the way you view the world.” – Antonio Banderas
28. “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.” – Walt Disney
29. “Growing old with someone else is beautiful, but growing old while being true to yourself is divine.” – Dodinsky
30. “He who is of a calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition, youth and age are equally a burden.” – Plato
You will also enjoy our article on grandma quotes.
Getting older quotes to enlighten you
31. “I don’t believe in aging. I believe in forever altering one’s aspect to the sun.” – Virginia Woolf
32. “I don’t believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates.” – T. S. Eliot
33. “If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should never grow old.” – James A. Garfield
34. “If you’re always battling against getting older, you’re always going to be unhappy, because it will happen anyhow.” – Mitch Albom
35. “I’m kind of comfortable with getting older because it’s better than the other option, which is being dead. So, I’ll take getting older.” – George Clooney
36. “Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older.” – Louise Hay
37. “My mother always used to say, ‘The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana’.” – Betty White
38. “Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideas. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” – Samuel Ullman
39. “Some folks as they grow older grow wise but most folks simply grow stubborner.” – Josh Billings
40. “The great thing about getting older is that you become more mellow. Things aren’t as black and white, and you become much more tolerant. You can see the good in things much more easily rather than getting enraged as you used to do when you were young.” – Maeve Binchy
You will also enjoy our article on 40th birthday quotes.
Getting older quotes to inspire you
41. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
42. “The older I get, the more open-minded I get, the less judgmental I get.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
43. “The older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that’s life.” – Sylvester Stallone
44. “The older you get, the stronger the wind gets. And it’s always in your face.” – Jack Nicklaus
45. “There is a certain part of all of us that lives outside of time. Perhaps we become aware of our age only at exceptional moments and most of the time we are ageless.” – Milan Jundera
46. “It’s a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you’ve gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like.” – James Cromwell
47. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
48. “Wrinkles merely mark where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
49. “You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.” – Douglas MacArthur
50. “First you are young; then you are middle-aged; then you are old; then you are wonderful.” – Diana Cooper
You will also enjoy our article on turning 30 quotes for your loved ones.
More getting older quotes and sayings
51. “Getting old is a fascination thing. The older you get, the older you want to get.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “Some people are old at 18 and some are young at 90. Time is a concept that humans created.” – Yoko Ono
53. “Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.” – Mark Twain
54. “The older I get the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
55. “The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
56. “You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” – George Burns
57. “When our memories outweigh our dreams, it is then that we become old.” – William J. Clinton
58. “Looking back over a lifetime, you see that love was the answer to everything.” – Ray Bradbury
59. “Life begins at 40 – but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times.” – Helen Rowland
60. “In youth, we run into difficulties. In old age, difficulties run into us.” – Beverly Sills
You will also enjoy our article on life is short quotes.
Getting older quotes about aging gracefully
61. “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.” – John Barrymore
62. “Life’s tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.” – Benjamin Franklin
63. “It’s not how old you are, it’s how you are old.” – Jules Renard
64. “As a white candle/ In a holy place,/ So is the beauty/ Of an aged face.” – Joseph Campbell
65. “Your face is marked with lines of life, put there by love and laughter, suffering and tears. It’s beautiful.” – Lynsay Sands
66. “And the beauty of a woman, with passing years only grows!” – Audrey Hepburn
67. “‘We already are old,’ she said with a sigh. What happens is that you don’t feel it on the inside, but from the outside everybody can see it.” – Gabriel García Márquez
68. “No, that is the great fallacy: the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful.” – Ernest Hemingway
69. “I suppose real old age begins when one looks backward rather than forward.” – May Sarton
70. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” – Satchel Paige
You will also enjoy our article on 60th birthday quotes.
Getting Older Quotes To Appreciate Life
71. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.” ― Robert Browning
72. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” ― William Shakespeare
73. “That’s another great thing about getting older. Your life is written on your face.” ― Frances McDormand
74. “Please don’t retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them.” ― Anna Magnani
75. “The great thing about getting older is that you get a chance to tell the people in your life who matter what they mean to you.” ― Mike Love
76. “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” ― Betty Friedan
77. “Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” ― Lauren Hutton
78. “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” ― Kitty O’Neill Collins
79. “Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better!” ― Ingrid Bergman
80. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” ― Bob Hope
You will also enjoy our article on magic quotes.
Getting Older Quotes To Age Gracefully
81. “The more you are getting older, you lose a little something. Of course there is another advantage, because of your long experience you can use it.” — Haile Gebrselassie
82. “I never thought getting older would be so great. But when it comes to depression, I have experienced less the older I’ve gotten.” — Amy Grant
83. “One thing I’ve noticed about getting older, it takes twice as much work to get half the results one formerly achieved by falling out of bed.” — Josh Lanyon
84. “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age.” — Thomas Bailey Aldrich
85. “I’m a person who gets better with practice. Getting older is awesome – because you get more practice.” — Zooey Deschanel
86. “I’m getting older. I’m getting sexier. I’m getting meaner. I can still do what I do.” — Shaquille O’Neal
87. “One of the pluses of getting older is you set some limits.” — Nicolas Cage
88. “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” — Andrew Carnegie
89. “I’m getting older, and it happens. You don’t care as much. I don’t care about too much anymore. I’ve got to think about that a little bit.” — Adam Sandler
90. “I’m getting older , so I’m quieting down a bit.” — Steve Coogan
You will also enjoy our article on Dolly Parton quotes.
Getting Older Quotes To Maintain a Good Health Life
91. “Getting older is tough. I remember the last time I felt an erection. It was at the movies. The only trouble is, it belonged to the guy sitting next to me.” — Rodney Dangerfield
92. “In my opinion, everybody is getting older and older. We have a great deal of dementia because nobody grew old enough to get it.” — Michael Caine
93. “I like getting older. When you’re in your twenties you’re really forging for your future. Things take shape later on.” — Crispin Glover
94. “It’s nice, though, getting older and being able to do different roles.” — Luke Wilson
95. “If you’re not going to get any wiser, what’s the point of getting older?” — Elizabeth Lowell
96. “The problem with getting older is you still remember how things used to be.” — Paul Newman
97. “I think my least healthy habit is running around too much. And I think I’m getting better about it as I’m getting older.” — Cynthia Nixon
98. “The older I grow, the more I find myself alone.” — Alberto Giacometti
99. “I think that women find their strength and power in their sexuality, in their sensuality within, [through] getting older and being secure within that.” — Charlize Theron
100. “Men do not quit playing because they grow old—they grow old because they quit playing.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
Getting Older Quotes To Age Gracefully
101. “I suppose playing an older man is a way of preparing myself for getting older.” ― Leonardo DiCaprio
102. “It’s horrible getting older. I mean, it’s wonderful because you see the circles of life get completed. But it’s horrible losing your looks.” ― Erica Jong
103. “There’s another part of getting older that’s just wonderful. Which is you see the way the stories turn out with peoples’ lives.” ― Erica Jong
104. “I didn’t mind getting old when I was young. It’s the being old now that’s getting to me.” ― John Scalzi
105. “You know you’re getting old when kids start to dress like you used to and movies are made about your teen life.” ― David Brenner
106. “Twilight is about getting older and relationships – not about a murder mystery. It’s about love when you reach a certain age; nothing is in primary colors.” ― Robert Benton
107. “It’s not easy getting old, you know. Things become a lot less clear.” ― Jonathan Evison
108. “Someone once said that you can make the choice between getting old and getting creepy, and I think getting old is the way to go.” ― Kate Beckinsale
109. “High-level, big-deal publicity has a way of getting old for me, but what never fails to thrill me is when I make personal appearances.” ― Joseph Barbera
110. “As a man gets older, if he knows what is good for him,, the women he likes are getting older too. The trouble is that most of them are married.” ― Ross Macdonald
Which of these getting older quotes resonated with you best?
These enlightening getting older quotes should inspire you to embrace your body and mind as they age with grace like fine wine over the years.
Getting older is a gift which means you have lived longer and can now enjoy the view as you take the back seat, watching and guiding the younger, more agile ones continue the rest of what you and your generation have started back when youth and time were on your side.
Remember, getting older is not promised and not everyone gets to celebrate their birthdays every year.
So, embrace your wrinkles, age lines and spots on your face, including those gray hair that suddenly popped out of nowhere.
They’re badges of honor that hold memories.
Someday, you can sit down, relax, and share your stories away.
Which of these getting older quotes is your favorite?
What other quote subjects would you like to see covered on Everyday Power?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 27, 2023 5:00 AM EST