Our latest collection of classic Forrest Gump quotes on life and happiness.
In 1994, Tom Hanks introduced us to one of the most beloved and kindhearted fictional characters of our time.
Forrest Gump is a film that pulls at our heartstrings and makes us feel something inside for a simple man who lived on to do great things.
His honest and pure views on the world left a soft spot on our hearts and it’s a film that we will often sit and watch whenever we see it playing on our televisions.
Forrest Gump is an award-winning American romantic comedy-drama film released in 1994.
It became a box office behemoth, earning over US$677 million worldwide during its theatrical run, with the soundtrack selling over 12 million copies.
Forrest Gump is a masterpiece that’s won many awards and nominations, including the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, People’s Choice Awards, and Young Artist Awards.
The movie stars Tom Hanks, who plays the character of Forrest Gump, a slow but sweet guy with a huge life story to tell.
Despite his marginal intelligence, low IQ, and being bullied for his physical disability, Gump eventually finds his Everyday Power and doesn’t let anything interfere with his happiness.
Although it’s now over 20 years since the film was released, the words of wisdom from the mouth of a kind-hearted man from Alabama still echo in our minds and hearts.
In that respect, here are some memorable Forrest Gump quotes that will inspire you to find happiness in your life.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Classic Forrest Gump quotes on life and happiness
1. “You have to do the best with what God gave you.” – Mrs. Gump
You will also enjoy our article on forest quotes.
2. “When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.”- Forrest Gump
3. “You can sit here if you want.” – Jenny
4. “Don’t ever let anybody tell you they’re better than you.” – Mrs.Gump
5. “Well, now we ain’t strangers anymore.”- Dorothy Harris
6. “There’s an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes.” – Forrest Gump
7. “You’ve got to put the past behind you, before you can move on.” – Forrest Gump
8. “Always be able to look back and say, at least I didn’t lead no humdrum life.” – Forrest Gump
9. “Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn’t.” – Forrest Gump
10. “Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.” – Forrest Gump
Also read these memorable Grey’s Anatomy quotes.
Forrest Gump quotes about love and friendship
11. “Sometimes, I guess there just aren’t enough rocks.” – Forrest Gump
12. “Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots.” – Forrest Gump
13. “I’m not a smart man. But I *know* what love is.” – Forrest Gump
14. “I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floatin’ around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it’s both.” – Forrest Gump
15. “Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain’t something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was going to be a shrimping boat captain, but instead, he died right there by that river in Vietnam.” – Forrest Gump
16. “The best thing about visiting the President is the food! Now, since it was all free, and I wasn’t hungry but thirsty, I must’ve drank me fifteen Dr. Peppers.” – Forrest Gump
17. “If you do not like my family and friends, I do not want to hear anything about it. They may mean nothing to you, but they mean everything to me.” – Forrest Gump
18. “He was from a long great military tradition. Somebody from his family had fought and died in every single American war. I guess you could say he had a lot to live up to.” – Forrest Gump
19. “Some people don’t think miracles happen, well, they do.” – Forrest Gump
20. “I’d always let her know that I was OK. Then I’d sign each letter, “Love, Forrest Gump.” – Forrest Gump
21. “I’d never named a boat before, but there was only one I could think of, the most beautiful name in the wide world.” – Forrest Gump
Don’t forget to also check out these Letterkenny quotes that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
Unforgettable Forrest Gump quotes
22. “Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump
23. “Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here.” – Young Jenny Curran
24. “What’s normal anyways?” – Forrest Gump
25. “My name’s Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.” – Forrest Gump
You might also like these memorable Wednesday Addams quotes and snarky one-liners.
Which Forrest Gump quotes are your favorite?
Forrest Gump is a kind-hearted guy who’s often bullied because of his marginal intelligence and physical disability.
But despite what other people say about him, he never ceases to follow his dreams and doesn’t let anything interfere with his happiness.
Did you enjoy these Forrest Gump quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.