Some of the most stunning parts of nature are found in the forest.
The forest quotes listed below will inspire you to take a walk outside and appreciate the importance of nature
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Many different authors and poets incorporate the beauty of forests into their work.
From the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter to the peculiar forest shown in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the forest is often portrayed as an otherworldly beautiful escape from a hectic society.
In reality, spending time in the forest can have that same effect. The individuals showcased below discuss the beauty of nature, preserving wildlife, and the reasoning behind getting lost in the forest.
Check out the quotes listed below and remember to visit your neighborhood forest. And once you’re done, be sure to also read our collection of nature quotes about reconnecting with mother earth.
Forest quotes about the beauty of nature
1. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
2. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” – Maxime Lagacé
5. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
6. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
7. “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you happiness.
8. “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” – E. O. Wilson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of aesthetic quotes to inspire long term thinking.
9. “Keep close to Nature’s heart…and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir (see more John Muir quotes)
10. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
11. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “The most beautiful gift of nature is that it gives one pleasure to look around and try to comprehend what we see.” – Albert Einstein
13. “Humankind’s greatest priority is to reintegrate with the natural world.” – Jonathon Porritt
14. “If you are lucky you will have the opportunity in your life to be owned by a good piece of land.” – Daniel J. Rice
15. “The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you, you can feel it. – Ted Trueblood
16. “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri
Have you seen these insightful Earth Day quotes that inspire and eco-friendly lifestyle?
Forest quotes about environmentalism
17. “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” – Chris Maser
18. “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
19. “Deforestation is changing our climate, harming people and the natural world. We must, and can, reverse this trend.” – Jane Goodall
20. “Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man.” – Stewart Udall
21. “You cannot protect the environment unless you empower people, you inform them, and you help them understand that these resources are their own, that they must protect them.” – Wangari Maathai
22. “If you go to a desert, you will hear this mysterious voice: Be wise, protect your forests!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
23. “The gnarled trees are what show the harshness of the tortured landscape.” – Anthony T. Hincks
24. “It’s the little things that citizens do. That’s what will make the difference. My little thing is planting trees.” – Wangari Maathai
25. “The environment and the economy are really both two sides of the same coin. If we cannot sustain the environment, we cannot sustain ourselves.” – Wangari Maathai
26. “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – Dr. Seuss
27. “The earth is hiring and the pay is your legacy.” – Shannon L. Alder
28. “We are living on the planet as if we have another one to go to.” – Terry Swearingen
29. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
Want to learn the best way to go with the flow? Take these water quotes to heart.
Forest quotes about getting lost in the forest
30. “Come to the woods, for here is rest.” – John Muir
31. “Forests are like churches, hallowed places. There’s a stillness about them, a sort of reverence.” – Sabrina Elkins
32. “When you save the life of a tree, you only pay your debt as we all owe our lives to the trees!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
33. “If you love a tree you will be more beautiful than before!” – Amit Ray
34. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
35. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
36. “Forests should not be walked on, they should be walked under and through.” – Courtney M. Privett
37. “And into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
38. “I am convinced that most Americans of the new generation have no idea what a decent forest looks like. The only way to tell them is to show them.” – Aldo Leopold
Forest quotes about wildlife
39. “If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.” – Steve Irwin
40. “Wild animals are less wild and more human than many humans of this world” – Munia Khan
41. “The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit.” – Suzy Kassem
42. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
43. “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” – A.A. Milne
44. “The rules of wildlife are simple and clear, which is not the case for men.” – Laurent Baheux
45. “I feel like I’m nothing without wildlife. They are the stars. I feel awkward without them.” – Bindi Irwin
46. “Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
47. “Whenever we encounter wild animals in nature, we must only ever show kindness and compassion.” – Paul Oxton
48. “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” – Gregory Maguire
49. “Those who wish to pet and baby wildlife love them, but those who respect their natures and wish to let them live their natural lives, love them more.” – Edwin Way Teale
50. “Who’s gonna bring the wild animals some hope? If we don’t love them the way they are.” – Munia Khan
You might also like these hunting quotes that will make you want to head outdoors.
Forest quotes that are full of wisdom
51. “Punching your companions is unhelpful. Go into the forest and practice unarmed combat against a tree.” ― Jeff Mach
52. “If love was a tree, I’d plant you a forest.” ― Dahi Tamara Koch
53. “Talk to the forest because the forest always talks to you.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
54. “What litters the forest floor each autumn is the story of a hundred million sacrifices, for without the death of the leaves there would be no forest to sacrifice for. And without something to sacrifice for, there is nothing to live for.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
55. “He doesn’t realize. He’s a forest and I’m a fucking wildfire.” ― Christine Riccio
56. “If I try to articulate every little detail in a drawing, it would be like missing the forest for the trees, so it’s just about getting the outline of the forest.” ― Jeff Koons
57. “You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A. A. Milne
58. “The career of a sage is of two kinds: He is either honored by all in the world, Like a flower waving its head, Or else he disappears into the silent forest.” ― Lao Tzu
59. “But I’ll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you’ll come to understand that you’re connected with everything.” ― Alan Watts
60. “The death of the forest is the end of our life.” ― Dorothy Stang
Forest quotes that are packed with wisdom
61. “Finland is officially the world’s happiest country. It is also 75 per cent forest. I believe these facts are related.” ― Matt Haig
62. “I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city.” ― Mary Davis
63. “The forest is a quiet place if only the best birds sing.“ ― Kay Johnson
64. “Gold is a luxury. Trees are necessities. Man can live and thrive without gold, but we cannot survive without trees.” ― Paul Bamikole
65. “A grove of giant redwoods or sequoias should be kept just as we keep a great or beautiful cathedral.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
66. “In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.” ― John Fowles
67. “A forest of these trees is a spectacle too much for one man to see.” ― David Douglas
68. “The sacred place of silent minds and deep souls is the depths of the forest!” ― Mehmet Murat İldan
69. “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
70. “The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It’s the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.“ ― Napoleon Hill
When’s the last time you took a walk in the forest?
Forests aren’t just a magnificent beauty within nature, they are also are home to many important resources for millions of people across the globe. From food to fuel, it can all be found within the world’s forests.
As reported by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, 250 million people live in the forest and savannah areas across the world.
Take the time to appreciate the nature that lives around us. If you can, take a walk around your neighborhood and cherish the trees, leaves, and other greenery around you. We wouldn’t be here without them, so it is best to understand and respect their value.
Which of these insightful forest quotes is your favorite? Is there a quote about the forest that we have forgotten? What’s your fondest memory surrounding nature? Leave us a comment down below and let us know your thoughts.
May 2, 2022 5:00 AM EST