Some of the most stunning parts of nature are found in the forest.
The forest quotes listed below will inspire you to take a walk outside and appreciate the importance of nature
You may also enjoy our article on:
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Many different authors and poets incorporate the beauty of forests into their work.
From the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter to the peculiar forest shown in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the forest is often portrayed as an otherworldly beautiful escape from a hectic society.
In reality, spending time in the forest can have that same effect.
The individuals showcased below discuss the beauty of nature, preserving wildlife, and the reasoning behind getting lost in the forest.
Check out the quotes listed below, and remember to visit your neighborhood forest.
And once you’re done, be sure to also read our collection of nature quotes about reconnecting with mother earth.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Forest quotes about the beauty of nature
1. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on Facebook quotes.
2. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You will also enjoy our article on green quotes.
3. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on wolf quotes sayings and proverbs.
4. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” – Maxime Lagacé
You will also enjoy our article on forrest gump quotes.
5. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
You will also enjoy our article on bird quotes.
6. “The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit.” – Suzy Kassem
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
7. “Wild animals are less wild and more human than many humans of this world” – Munia Khan
You will also enjoy our article on october quotes.
8. “If you love a tree you will be more beautiful than before!” – Amit Ray
You will also enjoy our article on farmer quotes.
9. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
You will also enjoy our article on ansel adams quotes.
10. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
11. “Forests should not be walked on, they should be walked under and through.” – Courtney M. Privett
12. “And into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
13. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Humankind’s greatest priority is to reintegrate with the natural world.” – Jonathon Porritt
15. “The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you, you can feel it. – Ted Trueblood
16. “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri
Have you seen these insightful Earth Day quotes that inspire and eco-friendly lifestyle?
Forest quotes about environmentalism
17. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
18. “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” – A.A. Milne
19. “The rules of wildlife are simple and clear, which is not the case for men.” – Laurent Baheux
20. “I feel like I’m nothing without wildlife. They are the stars. I feel awkward without them.” – Bindi Irwin
21. “Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
22. “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
23. “Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man.” – Stewart Udall
24. “If you go to a desert, you will hear this mysterious voice: Be wise, protect your forests!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
25. “The gnarled trees are what show the harshness of the tortured landscape.” – Anthony T. Hincks
26. “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – Dr. Seuss
27. “The earth is hiring and the pay is your legacy.” – Shannon L. Alder
28. “We are living on the planet as if we have another one to go to.” – Terry Swearingen
29. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
30. “Come to the woods, for here is rest.” – John Muir
Want to learn the best way to go with the flow? Take these water quotes to heart.
Forest quotes about getting lost in the forest
31. “Forests are like churches, hallowed places. There’s a stillness about them, a sort of reverence.” – Sabrina Elkins
32. “When you save the life of a tree, you only pay your debt as we all owe our lives to the trees!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
33. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
34. “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you happiness.
35. “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” – E. O. Wilson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of aesthetic quotes to inspire long term thinking.
36. “Keep close to Nature’s heart…and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir (see more John Muir quotes)
37. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
38. “I am convinced that most Americans of the new generation have no idea what a decent forest looks like. The only way to tell them is to show them.” – Aldo Leopold
Forest quotes about wildlife
39. “If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.” – Steve Irwin
40. “If you are lucky you will have the opportunity in your life to be owned by a good piece of land.” – Daniel J. Rice
41. “The most beautiful gift of nature is that it gives one pleasure to look around and try to comprehend what we see.” – Albert Einstein
42. “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” – Chris Maser
43. “Deforestation is changing our climate, harming people and the natural world. We must, and can, reverse this trend.” – Jane Goodall
44. “You cannot protect the environment unless you empower people, you inform them, and you help them understand that these resources are their own, that they must protect them.” – Wangari Maathai
45. “It’s the little things that citizens do. That’s what will make the difference. My little thing is planting trees.” – Wangari Maathai
46. “The environment and the economy are really both two sides of the same coin. If we cannot sustain the environment, we cannot sustain ourselves.” – Wangari Maathai
47. “Whenever we encounter wild animals in nature, we must only ever show kindness and compassion.” – Paul Oxton
48. “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” – Gregory Maguire
49. “Those who wish to pet and baby wildlife love them, but those who respect their natures and wish to let them live their natural lives, love them more.” – Edwin Way Teale
50. “Who’s gonna bring the wild animals some hope? If we don’t love them the way they are.” – Munia Khan
You might also like these hunting quotes that will make you want to head outdoors.
Forest quotes that are full of wisdom
51. “Punching your companions is unhelpful. Go into the forest and practice unarmed combat against a tree.” ― Jeff Mach
52. “If love was a tree, I’d plant you a forest.” ― Dahi Tamara Koch
53. “Talk to the forest because the forest always talks to you.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
54. “What litters the forest floor each autumn is the story of a hundred million sacrifices, for without the death of the leaves there would be no forest to sacrifice for. And without something to sacrifice for, there is nothing to live for.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
55. “He doesn’t realize. He’s a forest and I’m a fucking wildfire.” ― Christine Riccio
56. “If I try to articulate every little detail in a drawing, it would be like missing the forest for the trees, so it’s just about getting the outline of the forest.” ― Jeff Koons
57. “You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A. A. Milne
58. “The career of a sage is of two kinds: He is either honored by all in the world, Like a flower waving its head, Or else he disappears into the silent forest.” ― Lao Tzu
59. “But I’ll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you’ll come to understand that you’re connected with everything.” ― Alan Watts
60. “The death of the forest is the end of our life.” ― Dorothy Stang
Forest quotes that are packed with wisdom
61. “Finland is officially the world’s happiest country. It is also 75 per cent forest. I believe these facts are related.” ― Matt Haig
62. “I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city.” ― Mary Davis
63. “The forest is a quiet place if only the best birds sing.“ ― Kay Johnson
64. “Gold is a luxury. Trees are necessities. Man can live and thrive without gold, but we cannot survive without trees.” ― Paul Bamikole
65. “A grove of giant redwoods or sequoias should be kept just as we keep a great or beautiful cathedral.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
66. “In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.” ― John Fowles
67. “A forest of these trees is a spectacle too much for one man to see.” ― David Douglas
68. “The sacred place of silent minds and deep souls is the depths of the forest!” ― Mehmet Murat İldan
69. “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
70. “The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It’s the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.“ ― Napoleon Hill
Forest Quotes You Can Borrow A Leaf Out Of
71. “The forest is not a resource for us, it is life itself. It is the only place for us to live.” — Evaristo Nugkuag
72. “Every forest branch moves differently in the breeze, but as they sway they connect at the roots.” — Rumi
73. “I grew up in a forest. It’s like a room. It’s protected. Like a cathedral… it is a place between heaven and earth.” — Anselm Kiefer
74. “The art of forest bathing is the art of connecting with nature through our senses.” — Dr. Li
75. “Anywhere which is in a forest, that’s my zen place.” — Raveena Tandon
76. “An autumn forest is such a place that once entered you never look for the exit!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
77. “You showed me there is something in the forest to cure most anything that bothers you.” — Donald Smith
78. “If you’ve ever walked a mile into a virgin forest – you know, like a deep forest where trees have been uncut – the energy is totally different from the shopping mall.” — James Redfield
79. “I find my soul in forests…” — Kedar dhepe
80. “Nothing can match the joy of a forest in the morning.” — Millie Florence
Forest Quotes About Maintaining Its Beauty
81. “I miss sunrise even more. The green scent of dawn in the forest? The color blushing back into the world, different every day.” ― Laini Taylor
82. “Human beings grew up in forests; we have a natural affinity for them. How lovely a tree is, straining toward the sky.” ― Carl Sagan
83. “The only water in the forest is the River.” ― Neil Gaiman
84. “Every blade in the field – Every leaf in the forest – lays down its life in its season as beautifully as it was taken up.” ― Henry David Thoreau
85. “A single tree doesn’t make a forest.” ― Chris Bradford
86. “Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together… and shake the forest to its roots.” ― Erin Hunter
87. “Every time we burn a gallon of gas or an acre of rain forest, aren’t we killing the future to preserve the present?” ― Chuck Palahniuk
88. “In a moment the ashes are made, but a forest is a long time growing.” ― Seneca the Younger
89. “The world’s forests are a shared stolen treasure that we must put back for our children’s future.” ― Desmond Tutu
90. “The improvement of forest trees is the work of centuries. So much more the reason for beginning now.” ― George Perkins Marsh
Forest Quotes To Enjoy the Beautiful Ambience
91. “Sit in the lush greenness of the forest and you will sense her vibrant life force all around you.” ― Roz Winters
92. “Every day in the forest was a day of discovery.” ― Peter Wohlleben
93. “Forest air doesn’t just feel fresher and better for us, scientists now know that it actually is better for us.” ― Sarah Ivens
94. “Under these mighty trees were perfect places to lie down or to sit and lean against trunks, perfect places to take in the tranquility of the land.” ― Micah Mortali
95. “Everywhere, forests are vying for our attention. They desire to be seen and noticed and will do everything in their power to get us to slow down and wake up to life.” ― Julia Plevin
96. “As we walk slowly through the forest, seeing, listening, smelling, tasting and touching, we bring our rhythms into step with nature.” ― Dr Qing Li
97. “Fight that lazy feeling, and go walk in the woods. See the fruit trees, the baby animals recently born, and the trees in all their green glory.” ― Lisa Zschuschen
98. “The forest is that essential fact that confronts all human beings at the end of the twentieth century, an image of the promise we have betrayed and a chance to redeem ourselves from our folly.” ― Joan Maloof
99. “I love to walk in the forest And breathe the sweet clean air And watch the dappled sunlight And know that God is there.” ― Faith Marion
100. “The rich earthy smell of the forest is calming.” ― J. A. Taylor
Forest Quotes To Breathe In Fresh Air
101. “When the forest and the city are functionally indistinguishable, then we know we have reached sustainability.” — Janine Benyus
102. “Forest is the best port of the wise man!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
103. “To the artist, the forest is an asylum of peace and dancing shadows.” — John F. Carlson
104. “A true forest is not merely a storehouse full of wood, but, as it were, a factory of wood.” — Theodore Roosevelt
105. “If you walk into a forest – you hear all kinds of subtle sounds – but underneath there is an all pervasive silence.” — Eckhart Tolle
106. “The natural elements in the forests, mountains, deserts and large bodies of water, help shield you from the thought forms and auras of other human beings.” — Frederick Lenz
107. “An infinity of forest lies dormant within the dreams on one acorn.” — Wayne W. Dyer
108. “The interminable forests should become graceful parks, for use and delight.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
109. “The forests are the lungs of the world. I’ve always believed if you breathe, you’re an environmentalist.” — Woody Harrelson
110. “Our forests are not for toilet paper. They are worth more standing than cut. That deserves to be defended, not only by native peoples but also by environmentalists.” — Winona LaDuke
When’s the last time you took a walk in the forest?
Forests aren’t just a magnificent beauty within nature. They are also home to many important resources for millions of people across the globe.
From food to fuel, it can all be found within the world’s forests.
As reported by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, 250 million people live in the forest and savannah areas across the world.
Take the time to appreciate the nature that lives around us.
If you can, take a walk around your neighborhood and cherish the trees, leaves, and other greenery around you.
We wouldn’t be here without them, so it is best to understand and respect their value.
Which of these insightful forest quotes is your favorite?
Is there a quote about the forest that we have forgotten?
What’s your fondest memory surrounding nature?
Leave us a comment down below and let us know your thoughts.
December 30, 2022 5:00 AM EST