Fox and the Hound Quotes From the Classic Disney Movie
March 7, 2023 1:13 AM EST
Check out these Fox and the Hound quotes to see how friends can overcome any odds!
The Fox and the Hound is an animated buddy drama movie released in 1981 and is the 24th animated feature film by Disney.
The movie is loosely based on Daniel P. Mannix’s 1967 novel of the same name.
Fox and the Hound was directed by the trio of Ted Berman, Richard Rich, and Art Stevens.
The movie stars the voices of Mickey Rooney, Kurt Russell, and Pearl Bailey, among others.
The movie’s plot follows the unexpected friendship between a hound dog named Copper and a fox named Tod.
The two friends must fight their instincts and social pressure to be enemies to continue their friendship.
The Fox and the Hound did well at the box office, where it grossed more than $63 million against a $12 million budget.
Enjoy learning more about the classic movie through these Fox and the Hound quotes!
You will also enjoy our article on Bambi quotes.
Fox and the Hound Quotes from Tod
Enjoy these quotes from your favorite fox.
1. “My name’s Tod. What’s your name, kid?” — Tod
2. “Copper, you’re my best friend.” — Tod
3. “And we’ll always be friends forever. Won’t we?” — Tod
4. “Not my friend Copper. He won’t never change.” — Tod
5. “Oh, Chief. He doesn’t worry me.” — Tod
6. “A worm for breakfast? Yeech!” — Tod
7. “Look, I—I just wanted to see you. We’re still friends, aren’t we?” — Tod
Fox and the Hound Quotes from Copper
Enjoy these quotes from your favorite hound in Fox and the Hound.
8. “My name’s Copper. I’m a hound dog!” — Copper
9. “I think I did a good job tracking down those varmints for you.” — Copper
10. “Us hound dogs always do that when we’ve found what we’ve been tracking.” — Copper
11. “You—you better get out of here before old Chief wakes up.” — Copper
12. “You shouldn’t be over here. You’re going get us both into a lot of trouble.” — Copper
13. “Oh, don’t go in there! He can get awful mean! He’s cranky.” — Copper
Fox and the Hound Quotes From Other Characters
Here are more popular quotes from the childhood classic.
14. “A caterpillar under glass! Oh, boy!” — Boomer
15. “I don’t believe it. He wouldn’t hurt a thing!” — Tweed
16. “Trackin’ an’ smellin’ ain’t enough. You gotta think nasty.” — Chief
17. “Oh, that farm boy! He knew nothing about fishin’!” — Boomer
18. “Oh I hope—I hope it never ends, ’cause you’re the best of friends.” — Big Mama
19. “Chief, get back in there before I break your other leg.” — Jack Albertson
20. “How about that? What does one have to do to get some sympathy around here?” — Chief
21. “Darlin’, forever is a long, long time. And time has a way of changin’ things.” — Big Mama
22. “Dagnabbit, woman! Your thievin’ fox was after my chickens!” — Jack Albertson
23. “Honey, Copper’s gonna come back a trained huntin’ dog. A real killer.” — Big Mama
24. “If I ever catch that fox on my property again, I’ll blast him! And next time, I won’t miss!” — Jack Albertson
25. “Goodbye may seem forever; farewell is like the end, but in my heart’s a memory, and there you’ll always be.” — Widow Tweed
Do Tod and Copper Remain Friends?
Although everything is against the two, they remain friends until Copper’s mentor is hurt while chasing Tod.
Copper blames Tod and vows to help hunt him down.
When Copper and his owner Amos are chasing Tod, a giant bear attacks them and would have killed them, but Tod interferes and saves them but is injured.
When Amos picks up his gun to kill Tod, Copper steps in front of him to save his friend.
Please share these Fox and the Hound quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about this classic movie in the comment section below.