Look at these enriching foundation quotes for a strong handle on life.
When people think of a home, they often think that the roof is the most critical part of the home.
The roof is essential because it protects us from the elements, but the foundation supports the entire house and bears the weight of the whole space.
Tell us your favorite foundation quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these foundation quotes?
If we have a weak foundation, it is only a matter of time before our structure is damaged.
In almost every aspect of life, the foundations we lay determine the integrity of what we build.
The foundation is fundamental in:
- romantic relationships
- professional endeavors
We only get one chance to introduce who we are, which impacts how people trust or connect with us.
Like the foundation on a house, once the structure is up, it’s very difficult to go back and change the foundation.
Foundation quotes and sayings
1. “The law is the foundation of our society.” — William Barr
2. “Optimism is the foundation of courage.” — Nicholas M. Butler
3. “I was originally a minimalist, so that’s my foundation.” — Joe Hisaishi
4. “Self-knowledge is the foundation of real success.” — Rachel Simmons
5. “You can’t build anything with a flimsy foundation. Friendship is the foundation.” — Hill Harper
6. “When you have a spiritual foundation, you look at poverty differently then.” — Dennis Banks
7. “You gotta take care of the people that are part of the foundation. If you don’t, it crumbles.” — Jack Scalia
8. “Art is about building a new foundation, not just laying something on top of what’s already there.” — Prince
9. “When a solid foundation is laid, if the mason is able and his materials good, a strong house can be built.” — Haile Selassie
10. “Once something is memorable, it’s living, and you’re using it. That to me is the foundation of a creative society.” — Yo-Yo Ma
The importance of a strong foundation quotes
11. “The foundation of beauty is the body.” — Azzedine Alaia
12. “Songs lay a foundation of who I am going to be forever.” — Jessie J
13. “Re-skilling has to be much wider with a strong foundation.” — Shiv Nadar
14. “Conscious of our many problems, I seek today to lay a foundation to our public policy.” — Charles Edison
15. “But I’ll tell you this, it started with my mother. I have to give her. God bless her and rest her soul.” — Dave Winfield
16. “Please continue to voice your beliefs, as your participation is the foundation of our country’s democracy.” — Marc Veasey
17. “Research to me is as important or more important than the writing. It is the foundation upon which the book is built.” — Leon Uris
18. “Informed by our sad experience of history, we require nothing short of a foundation for lasting democracy.” — Ibrahim Babangida
19. “I think the chance to help strengthen the foundation of young people going into business, as I did, just appeals to me.” — Gerry Schwartz
20. “Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.” — Saint Augustine
More foundation quotes to ponder
21. “An empowered public is the foundation for a stronger society, more effective government, and a more successful state.” — Robert Zoellick
22. “I hope that when I’m 90 years old, I’ve accomplished a legacy that isn’t all about me. I hope it’s a legacy about the people who our foundation helps.” — Tim Tebow
23. “I didn’t have anybody, really, no foundation in life, so I had to make my own way. Always, from the start. I had to go out in the world and become strong to discover my mission in life.” — Tina Turner
24. “The alt-right didn’t emerge from nowhere. There’s a cultural foundation that existed beforehand that was almost like the petri dish and the growing medium for the alt-right.” — Christopher Wylie
25. “Coming from an African background, obviously the foundation of the family home is education, probably because my parents had to work a lot harder for everything that they’ve got in this country.” — Tinie Tempah
26. “Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation.” — Saint Augustine
27. “Prometheus – trickster, rebel and hero – links the realm of the gods with the world of humanity, with which he had such close affinity. His act of stealing fire has been viewed as the foundation of all man’s technologies.” — Neil MacGregor
28. “We need to rebuild our nation with a new foundation. A foundation rooted in love, and care, and equality. Where justice is truly real for all of us, regardless of race, class, gender, orientation, or religion. I fully believe we can.” — Jamaal Bowman
29. “Without knowing about flexibility, one cannot work out strategies to deal with the enemy and prepare for changes, and without knowing about the foundation of one’s own culture, one would be contemptuous of the Confucian ethical codes.” — Zhang Zhidong
30. “Mycologists are few and far between. We are under-funded, poorly represented in the context of other sciences – ironic, as the very foundation of our ecosystems are directly dependent upon fungi, which ultimately create the foundation of soils.” — Paul Stamets
Foundation quotes about religion, business, and other matters
31. “Christianity is the very root and foundation of Western civilization.” — Dinesh D’Souza
32. “My community was built on a foundation of organic growth through watching people play video games.” — Dr. Disrespect
33. “The culture is what creates the foundation for all future innovation. If you break the culture, you break the machine that creates your products.” — Brian Chesky
34. “The foundation of collectivism is simple: There should be no important economic differences among people. No one should be too rich.” — P. J. O’Rourke
35. “This bizarre industry presents so many paths of temptation. If you don’t have some kind of foundation, typically from family, then it will be difficult to deal with.” — Elijah Wood
36. “A big hook can be great; you’ll have a big opening. But if you haven’t got the right foundation, you’re never going to keep that train on the tracks.” — Channing Dungey
37. “The new meaning of soul is creativity and mysticism. These will become the foundation of the new psychological type, and with him or her will come the new civilization.” — Otto Rank
38. “The sciences which take socio-historical reality as their subject matter are seeking, more intensively than ever before, their systematic relations to one another and to their foundation.” — Wilhelm Dilthey
39. “Education is not a tool for development – individual, community and the nation. It is the foundation for our future. It is empowerment to make choices and emboldens the youth to chase their dreams.” — Nita Ambani
40. “Nothing guarantees that reasonable people will agree about everything, of course, but the unreasonable are certain to be divided by their dogmas. It is time we recognized that this spirit of mutual inquiry, which is the foundation of all real science, is the very antithesis of religious faith.” — Sam Harris
Some final foundation quotes to make you think
41. “The modern composer builds upon the foundation of truth.” — Claudio Monteverdi
42. “Creativity fuels innovation, and it’s what all states should strive to instill in the next generations.” — Jim Hunt
43. “Getting out of bed is like the foundation of the discipline, and I think it carries over into everything else.” — Jocko Willink
44. “There are no guarantees in life, but I believe faith provides all of us with a foundation to live the best lives possible.” — Gretchen Carlson
45. “I think it will be found that experience, the true source and foundation of all knowledge, invariably confirms its truth.” — Thomas Malthus
46. “Prediction is not just one of the things your brain does. It is the primary function of the neo-cortex, and the foundation of intelligence.” — Jeff Hawkins
47. “Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone – but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding.” — Quentin Crisp
48. “If you build that foundation, both the moral and the ethical foundation, as well as the business foundation, and the experience foundation, then the building won’t crumble.” — Henry Kravis
49. “All over the world, young males and females, schooled in the art of patriarchal thinking, are building an identity on a foundation that sees the will to do violence as the essential way to assert being.” — bell hooks
50. “As a consequence of the victories we have registered during our first ten years of freedom, we have laid a firm foundation for the new advances we must and will make during the next decade.” — Thabo Mbeki
How are your foundations?
Now might be a good time to check in on your own foundations.
English-born writer Quentin Crisp once said, “Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone—but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding.”
Love is powerful, but even love needs a strong foundation.
Like the house analogy, it is challenging, if not impossible, to go back and change the foundations we set in a relationship.
The foundations we set today will determine the success we have tomorrow.
The foundation we lay in our passions and interests will determine how far we go.
Even with our education, the foundation is vital.
Philanthropist and businessperson Nita Ambani noted, “Education is not a tool for development—individual, community and the nation. It is the foundation for our future. It is empowerment to make choices and emboldens the youth to chase their dreams.”
How do you build strong foundations?
Let us know in the comments below.