Fans of dogs, and particularly Golden Retrievers, will love these Golden Retriever quotes.
If you have ever enjoyed the companionship of a loving dog, you will understand the reputation of this loyal and loving breed.
Golden Retrievers are retrieving dogs of Scottish descent.
These dogs are known as great family dogs and good hunting dogs and are even used as guide dogs.
You might also like these related articles:
Golden Retrievers are medium-sized dogs that are generally golden or yellow in color, as evidenced by the name.
They stand 20 – 24 inches tall at the shoulder, weigh anywhere from 55 – 75 lbs, and live an average of 12 -13 years.
If you are looking for a dog that is great with kids and versatile enough to be a companion in the field, then these dogs are perfect for you.
Take a look at these Golden Retriever quotes to learn more about this great breed.
The Best Golden Retriever Quotes
Take a look at some of the best golden retriever quotes.
1. “I have four dogs, golden retrievers.” — Denise Richards
2. “I got a golden retriever a year after I was born.” — Jon Hamm
3. “The face of a golden retriever feels like home.” — David Rosenfelt
4. “My golden retriever, Callie, is so easy to please.” — Kristin Davis
5. “Trying to be the person my Golden Retriever thinks I am.” — David Rosenfelt
6. “And Oliver, a white golden retriever, even looks like me!” — Nicollette Sheridan
7. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” — Bernard Williams
8. “I have eight dogs-five golden retrievers, two black labs, and a mongrel.” — Oprah Winfrey
9. “I’ve often been described more than once in my life as very much like a golden retriever.” — Chris Carmack
10. “A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.” — Robert Benchley
Cute Golden Retriever Quotes
Check out these cute golden retriever quotes.
11. “There’s nothing quite like loving a dog and being loved by one.” — Ashley Bates
12. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” — Louis Sabin
13. “Try throwing a ball just once for a dog. It would be like eating only one peanut or potato chip.” — Roger Caras
14. “There was a golden retriever who saved countless lives on September 11 by going back in to find people.” — Linda Blair
15. “Many dog owners will absolutely agree that looking at a Golden Retriever feels a lot like going home.” — Nicole Cosgrove
16. “Capo, my first golden retriever, so loved to swim she once jumped off a cliff to get into Lake Superior.” — Sara Paretsky
17. “Seriously, Golden Retrievers tend to live each day as if they have just discovered a swimming pool full of tennis balls and bacon.” — Gabby Slome
18. “Once someone has had good fortune to share a true love affair with a golden retriever, one’s life and one’s outlook is never quite the same.” — Betty White
19. “I also go on long walks with my dog, a golden retriever named Breeze-and I work out with weights at a health club a couple of times a week.” — Karen Hughes
20. “I don’t think dogs are like “If only I was a poodle instead of a golden retriever, I’d be totally happy.” Dogs are happy with who they are.” — Michael Ian Black
You will also enjoy our article on The Art of Racing in the Rain quotes.
Golden Retriever Quotes from Air Bud
Air Bud was a golden retriever, and here are some of the cutest quotes from the movie!
21. “Go, Buddy, go!” — Josh
22. “Ain’t no rules says a dog can’t play basketball.” — Referee
23. “They came here because of Buddy. He’s part of this town.” — Jackie
24. “That makes him an adult in our years. I say let Buddy decide.” — Arthur
25. “Buddy’s my friend. I know what he’s feeling, so he knows what I’m feeling.” — Josh
26. “When we first moved to this town, my son was very unhappy. And then he found Buddy here.” — Jackie
27. “By the powers vested in me, I award custody of the dog to Josh Framm. Case closed.” — Judge Cranfield
28. “Dog’s a registered member of the team. He practices with the team; he travels with the team.” — Arthur
29. “And Buddy’s given him something to look forward to. Please, please, don’t take Buddy away from my son.” — Jackie
30. “They say a dog is man’s best friend. If that’s the case, shouldn’t the dog be able to choose who he wants to be friends with?” — Arthur
Heartwarming Golden Retriever Quotes
Here are some heartwarming golden retriever quotes.
31. “The Golden Retriever is an all-around sporty breed that thrives on work as well as play.” — Lynn M. Hayner
32. “Golden Retrievers are known for being completely happy doing whatever it is they are doing.” — Nicole Cosgrove
33. “When you imagine the classic dog, there’s a good chance that you’re picturing a Golden Retriever.” — Nicole Cosgrove
34. “I have my golden retriever now, Pontiac. He’s a career-change guide dog from Guide Dogs for the Blind.” — Betty White
35. “Golden retrievers are the best dog breed that you should have since they are cute, adorable, and of course, funny!” — Emily Walker
36. “Golden retrievers get along well with most other dogs, and a trip to the free-run dog park is likely to be appreciated.” — Jenna Stregowski
37. “They’re little yellow balls of fluff that never stop moving and playing, and they’ll melt your heart from the first moment you lay eyes on them.” — Nicole Cosgrove
38. “Golden retrievers are not bred to be guard dogs, and considering the size of their hearts and their irrepressible joy in life, they are less than successful at it.” — Dean Koontz
39. “Golden retrievers are often regarded as the perfect canine companion. They are loyal, kind, and intelligent, making them the ideal breed for families and individuals alike.” — Ankit Babal
40. “Golden Retrievers are calm, intelligent, and very playful, which makes them ideal for families with kids. They also make great disability assistance animals and therapy pets.” — Suman Varandani
More Golden Retriever Quotes
Enjoy more golden retriever quotes.
41. “Being a hero to someone, even if it is a dog, is a feeling like no other.” — Elizabeth Parker
42. “The Golden’s character is gentle, kind, and he’s always eager to please his owner.” — Kelly Wilson
43. “Golden Retrievers are one of the most popular dogs in the United States for a reason.” — Nicole Cosgrove
44. “If you’re a dog lover, you are probably familiar with the charm and charisma of golden retrievers.” — Ankit Babal
45. “The breed isn’t sold on the concept of stranger danger. Most will play with anyone tossing a ball!” — Lynn M. Hayner
46. “These wonderful companions bring so much joy and happiness into our lives with their kind eyes and goofy smiles.” — Ashley Bates
47. “These pups just never seem to grow out of their puppyhood, remaining happy, playful, and sanguine right through to their senior years.” — Kelly Wilson
48. “A Golden Retriever remains enthusiastically puppy-like for many years, so early obedience training is required to instill calmness and good manners.” — Michele Welton
49. “I studied each page with surprising focus and found myself returning to golden retrievers: easy to train, loyal, big, great running partners, and beautiful. A family dog.” — Julie Barton
50. “In spite of their size, they think they are lap dogs, and in spite of being dogs, they think they are also human, and nearly every human they meet is judged to have the potential to be a boon companion who might, at any moment, cry, “Let’s go!” and lead them on a great adventure.” — Dean Koontz
What is the History of Golden Retrievers?
These loyal and versatile dogs were created in the 19th century in Scotland by Sir Dudley Marjoribanks.
Marjoribanks crossed Flat-coated Retrievers with Tweed Water Spaniels with the addition of Bloodhounds, Labrador Retrievers, and Red Setters.
Share these Golden Retriever quotes with your family and friends, and post any comments about these great dogs in the comment section below.