Dog lovers will enjoy these The Art of Racing in the Rain quotes from the popular movie.
The Art of Racing in the Rain is a comedy-drama movie that was released in 2019 by 20th Century Fox.
The movie is based on Garth Stein’s 2008 book of the same name and is directed by Simon Curtis.
The movie stars the actors, actresses, or voices of Milo Ventimiglia, Kevin Costner, Amanda Seyfried, Kathy Baker, and more.
The movie’s plot follows a Golden Retriever named Enzo and his owner and best friend named Denny.
At the beginning of the movie, we see Enzo as an old dog that is waiting for Denny, and we see Denny finding Enzo unable to move.
The movie then flashes back to when Enzo was a puppy, and Enzo narrates the movie.
Take a look at these The Art of Racing in the Rain quotes to learn more about the heartwarming movie.
Best The Art of Racing in the Rain Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes from the touching movie and novel.
1. “Learn to listen!” — Enzo
2. “You don’t mind if I love him, too.” — Eve
3. “Panic is the driver’s worst destiny.” — Denny
4. “It’s not about a heavier foot. It’s about feel.” — Denny
5. “In racing, your car goes where your eyes go.” — Denny
6. “If only I could speak, I would tell him not to worry.” — Enzo
7. “I know no one has a perfect childhood, but I contend I did!” — Enzo
8. “Sometimes, at any cost, you have to make risky choices.” — Denny
9. “A true champion can accomplish what others think is impossible.” — Enzo
10. “It must be amazing to have a body that can carry an entire life inside!” — Enzo
Classic The Art of Racing in the Rain Quotes
Check out these iconic quotes from The Art of Racing in the Rain.
11. “I know death is not the end.” — Enzo
12. “In every race, you have to take a risk if you want to win.” — Denny
13. “Most drivers are afraid of the rain because it’s an unpredictable element.” — Denny
14. “When a driver reacts, Denny says, it’s important to remember that a car is only as good as its tires.” — Enzo
15. “The true test of a champion is not whether he can triumph, but whether he can overcome obstacles.” — Enzo
16. “People, like dogs, love repetition. Chasing a ball, lapping a course in a race car, sliding down a slide.” — Enzo
17. “There’s no dishonor in losing the race; there’s only dishonor in not racing because you’re afraid to lose.” — Kitch
The Art of Racing in the Rain Quotes From Enzo
As the narrator of the movie and main character of the book, Enzo has a lot to say.
18. “People will say anything in front of me. I’m just a dumb dog.” — Enzo
19. “Gestures are all that I have; sometimes they must be grand in nature.” — Enzo
20. “But a racer should not be afraid of rain; a racer should embrace the rain.” — Enzo
21. “Pretend you are a dog like me and listen to other people rather than steal their stories.” — Enzo
22. “There’s an old quote that Denny says. ‘No race was won on the first corner, but many were lost there.’” — Enzo
23. “I had always wanted to love Eve as Denny loved her, but I never had because I was afraid. She was my rain.” — Enzo
24. “To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life, as Eve felt the joy of life.” — Enzo
25. “While I occasionally step over the line and into the world of the melodramatic, it is what I must do in order to communicate clearly and effectively.” — Enzo
What Does Enzo’s Life Look Like?
Enzo joins Denny’s life as a puppy and is there for Denny’s marriage and the birth of his daughter.
Unfortunately, Denny’s job as a race car driver and race car driving teacher keeps him away from his family.
While Denny is away, Enzo is there for the birth of his daughter and the unfortunate death of his wife.
In the end, Enzo loves the life he has lived, and he helps Denny through the death of his wife and the resulting fight for custody of his daughter.
Please share these The Art of Racing in the Rain quotes with others by clicking the share button!